septile and novile

iniciate

hello astrologers,

What is the significate of a septile and a novile in spiritual astrology? in a spiritual mission? how i can interpretate his aspects?

waybread

septiles: inspiration, seeing a reality beyond this material reality, but also coupled with self-discipline.

noviles: as 3 x 3, noviles impart a sense of delight

piercethevale

hello astrologers,

What is the significate of a septile and a novile in spiritual astrology? in a spiritual mission? how i can interpretate his aspects?

Dane Rudhyar once wrote that "little is known about the septile. Marc Edmond Jones wrote that it is an aspect of fatality"
He did, later in life...in fact in his last published work on astrology [as far as I know that He co-wrote with his last wife, and widow, Leyla Rael]... write in his and, co author, Leyla Rael's book, "Astrological Aspects A Process Oriented Approach", further of what understanding He had acquired of the aspect since the time of the first quote I provided.
I do so recommend getting a copy of their book and reading it for further illumination.

You may be interested to know that the natal chart I produced and am convinced is the natal chart of the man known as Yeshu'a/Jesus of Nazareth has a septile matrix, that is to say a Grand Septile, incomplete yet possessing four of the seven points occupied and that a chart for the day of His dying on the cross, that is that Monday that followed the day that would have had to have been the Sunday of His crucifixion [as it would have been the first Sunday following the first Full Moon of Spring when He was 32 years old] demonstrates that the missing , i.e. empty, three points of that Grand Septile where occupied for two hours time by the Sun the Moon, and Saturn...the Moon, of course, being the reason the three were all occupied for only a span of two hours...the other two having been occupied throughout the day.

Dane Rudhyar also wrote that the novile, an aspect of 40 degrees, is to be taken as an indication that the individual whose chart is in question, is in the service of God in some way...for some purpose...a novile between ones natal Sun and Moon being the most distinct and notable.
He also elaborated on the spiritually numerological significance of the number 40.

Personally...
I believe that bi-noviles count as well in regard to Rudhyar's beliefs.
I have a Sun Moon bi-novile in my natal chart.

Last edited:

or1000

septiles: inspiration, seeing a reality beyond this material reality, but also coupled with self-discipline.

noviles: as 3 x 3, noviles impart a sense of delight

what type of spiritual practice would you say these septiles usually infers? i have these aspects but i'm not spiritual in a neptunian way, so i can't relate to a lot of it.

piercethevale

what type of spiritual practice would you say these septiles usually infers? i have these aspects but i'm not spiritual in a neptunian way, so i can't relate to a lot of it.

Again, I refer you to my natal chart i posted in the thread "The Birth Chart of Jesus?"
There's your answer... but don't take my reply to be an endorsement of Christianity, per se... Jesus/Yeshu'a never said to start another, a "new" religion. He was merely trying to rectify what was already being practiced.

All "true" spiritually oriented religions are effective in assisting you towards spiritual evolution. The essential tenet common to them all is what is known as "The Golden Rule".

See every human being as a divine spark and treat them accordingly.

That is: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." :smile:

piercethevale

As Rudhyar and Rael wrote in their book, "Astrological Aspects, A Process Oriented Approach" [and here I must paraphrase in order to stay under the one hundred word limitation allowed by the forum for quoting from sourced material] The Septile is born from the number 7 and the number Seven is representative of [ibid.] "what remains after the Six has operated fully. The meaning of such a remainder is clearly shown in the relationship between the circumference and diameter of a circle. This relationship is an 'irrational' one in that it does not measure to any whole number, being 3.14159 etc., and it is also a most 'occult' value."
So then, instead of the diameter, let's consider the radius of a circle in relation to its circumference, note that more than six radii are necessary to make a circumference. That extra is what 'remains' or is 'leftover' after the sixth period of any cycle is completed. [ibid.]"The Seven refers to the part of pi that goes on forever, to what is left over beyond three diameters or six radii - the indefinable plus required for a whole circle, which also gives it the opportunity to become a spiral."

If you saw the movie trilogy, the Matrix, then in the second movie, i.e. "The Matrix Reloaded" at the meeting of Neo and the Architect, the Architect says to Neo:

" Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected..."

In the Matrix movies, Neo is "The One".
Here is our existence of reality Yeshu'a/Jesus is "The One":wink:

Some of you will get it... the rest I will continue working on other means of explaining it.

waybread

I don't think they are so specific. Septiles seem to be common in the charts of members of the clergy, and organized religion is more Jupiter/9th house than Neptune.

More generally, septiles seem to relate to a vision of reality beyond (or co-existing with) ordinary material reality, so they also appear in the charts of scientists who do original research, as well as in the charts of composers.

Astrologer David Cochrane also thinks that septiles indicate a strong sense of self-discipline in the affected areas of life.

piercethevale

I like what Waybread has contributed here, sharing their knowledge that surely must be the result of many years of studying charts and pouring over texts of esoteric tomes.

That's what this forum should have more of, astrologers sharing their knowledge in the cause of the advancement of astrology and, hopefully one day, its rightful recognition as a "science'.
You're one of the few astrologers here at this forum, Waybread, that I find to be praiseworthy.
Thank you.

I've never seen your natal chart, however, and if you have shared it with the forum then I apologize for having missed it.
We both joined the forum at about the same time, I preceded you by about 6 weeks, and if I hadn't deleted about 75% of my posts 8 years ago we'd have about an equal number of such.
Most of the old crowd that were members here and posted regularly when we joined have seemingly left for other websites, or endeavors.

I just want to say that it's been a pleasure reading so many of your posts these last 12 years and hope that we've another 12 ahead of us both.
..and I hope this forum continues on even longer than that.

Back to the subject at hand here, i.e. Septiles and Noviles... as the old adage goes, "Ask the man that owns one"... My natal chart owns a number of both.

I have no inhibitions from sharing my chart online, my credit rating is practically zero, so if anyone is foolish enough to try to do anything criminal with my birth data, well, the jokes on you. I also don't get any tax returns, have any credit cards or even a checking account. I own no property and I drive a 41 year old pick-up truck.
"Freedoms just another word for nothin' left to lose, nothin' ain't worth nothin', but it's free..." "Me and Bobby McGee" Kris Kristofferson

Below is my natal chart, In it you will find a..
Sun Bi Novile Moon,
Mars Novile Uranus
Uranus Novile M.C.
Sun Bi Novile N. Node
Desc. Bi Novile N. Node
Asc. Bi Novile S. Node
Moon Septile Venus
Venus Septile Mars
Moon Bi Septile Mars
Sun Bi Septile S. Node
Asc. Bi Septile N. Node
For those of you unfamiliar with the aspect of the Septile, or who need to refresh, or just don't want to have to look up what the measure of one is exactly...as it isn't one easily commited to memory, besides being an irrational number.

A
Septile is 51* 25' 42.857..."
Bi Septile is 102* 51' 25.714..."
Tri Septile is 154* 17' 08.571...'

...and I know little about the "Vertex" or even if it is a valid influence but if it is, I have Sun Septile Vertex, too.

I'm not sure what the allowable orb is for the aspects of Noviles and Septiles. I don't think anyone really knows what to say about that concerning Septiles. I do however figure that 2 to 3 degrees maxium is the allowable orb for a Novile and Bi Noviles...and a Tri Novile is a Trine.

My natal Sun and Moon are at 82* 11' 35" apart. Given what Dane Rudhyar wrote about the Noviles between the Sun and Moon is an indication of a life given, "placed on the altar", even, to the service of God and what my lifetime so far [nearing 67 years] I must say I am in complete agreement. I think the Bi Novile somehow "kicks it up a notch", so to speak. The reason for my writing that is that there are those that say I was given a mission to do in this life and that I agreed to such and by doing so, my life was "placed on the altar".

As to what a novile between Mars and Uranus might mean, I can only make a hypothesis, based on those, nearly, 67 years of personal experience... as Uranus has proven itself to be, if not "the", then certainly a very major influence upon me throughout my entire life, that given it is known also by the titles, "The Great Awakener" and "The Planet of Sudden Change" when considering it is in a Novile aspect to my natal Mars [Mars being the planet that induces action] then I might be as bold as to say that I have been in service to God in what I've been producing, introducing, eliminating, and rectifying as to, and of, astrological practices, techniques and knowledge. Action in effort of the awakening of all to the true science and validity of astrology. ...and I have not been without some measure of success.
The recognition of the validity and implementation in usage of the Sabian Symbols, as presented and interpreted by the late Dane Rudhyar, has noticeably increased, very noticeably, these last fifteen years that I've been speaking or writing publicly [I produced the birth chart I am convinced, along with a good number of other astrologers now, on November 7, 2004. I gave my first interview on radio, a local program broadcasting from Phoenix, Arizona at the invitation of the shows host in January 2005, then a national broadcast in December 2005, on the Rick Barber radio program, AM radio, KOA, Denver Colorado... which can reach most of the lower 48 States, a great deal of the time. the late Rick Barber gave the legendary Art Bell his start in Radio. I gave another radio interview the following year, wrote a book on the subject of the chart and got it published in March of 2008 and began writing at numerous astrological forums on the internet beginning that September of 2008. I made one prior post here at this forum the day I joined, in October 2007, announcing the upcoming release of my book as I already had signed a contract with the publisher.]

So, some of you that are reading this are likely asking; do Noviles indicate that the person, whose chart they are found to be contained in, is in service to God? Or if they aren't presently, should they be?

Both good questions, and considering how many charts have Noviles within them... and I've studied hundreds, if not thousands, of natal charts these last 35 plus years I've been studying and practicing astrology, and the only other one I recall seeing with a Sun Moon Novile or Bi Novile, is one that Dane Rudhyar mentions in his and Leyla Rael's book that I mentioned above in my previous post. I didn't acquire a copy of that book until November 2005 so it is possible that I may had seen some charts with Sun Moon noviles prior to then but I wasn't looking for that aspect prior to reading that book. [although, now that it comes to mind, I did initiate a thread, or a few, about nine or ten years ago about notable spiritual leaders that have fixed Sings for their chart meridian and horizon and seem to recall there was one or two that also had a Sun Moon Novile, or Bi Novile too. It's in one of the sub forums I haven't contributed to in years and I may try to locate it.]

Dane Rudhyar wrote that Bahá'u'lláh, the Iranian Shiite Moslem that founded the Bahai' faith, had a Sun Novile Moon aspect of slightly more than a 2* orb of aspect to one another. I seem to recall that Dane also wrote that the man spent 40 years imprisoned for his beliefs...and then Rudhyar further got into the significance of the number 40 in symbolism, e.g. 40 Steps, 40 Lashes with a whip, 40 days in the desert that Yeshu'a/Jesus is said to have fasted, the 40 days and nights, it is written, that it rained in the time of Noah, etc. [As He studied the works of Carl Jung so intently, symbolism was Danes forte, imho, not to detract from the fact He was a brilliant astrologer too, after all He wrote his fist book on the subject of Astrology after having only studied it for about seven or eight years, "The Astrology of Personality" , first published in 1936. He was encouraged by the Theosophist, Annie Besant, to do so and She also published it through the Theosophist's publishing house. Annie also convinced Dane to take up the study of astrology, to begin with. Dane's first book on the subject was the only book on the subject of astrology to make the London Times list of "The One Hundred Greatest Books of the 20th Century", which was printed just before the new millennium. If I recall correctly, the same can be said for a list printed by the New York Times, as well...or they may have shared the list, collaborated or something as like that. The thing is, it is the only book on the subject from the 20th century so recognized. Although, personally, imho, one day His book on the Sabian Symbols will rank as one of the ten greatest works ever published the last 500 years. ]
Dane was obviously quite the admirer of "The Bab" aka Bahá'u'lláh, as for the many times I've come across his mentioning him, in one of his books or articles, and He apparently had a great admiration for the Baha'i faith as well.
[A friend from my high school days, whom was also a room mate my freshman year in college, had a great aunt whom was very much involved in the bringing of the Baha'i faith to the Western Hemisphere.
It is a very praiseworthy path, one due the utmost respect, imho.
]

As to what influence and affect Noviles found in my natal chart may have had upon my life...
I've been a practitioner of yoga since August 1968, I had early accomplishments practicing meditation and Japa yoga which put me on a life long path ever since seeking to know and to serve God, in some way. I studied comparative religion while in college, as a minor, but I never graduated from college, despite spending most of four years there. I was fortunate to have attended a college that invited and attracted a great many notable personages to speak on matters of philosophy, psychology, and religion.
I have had darshan with a number of gurus, a swami, been contacted,and assisted in my present endeavors, by the emissaries of a couple of other great gurus of the Sanatan Dharm, was made aware that I am a sishya of the bij, OM, by the writings of Swami Sivananda, from his book Japa Yoga, Himalayan Press, through an emissary, a sisya, [spiritual disciple] of Dhyanyogi Madhusudandas, in 2003, whose name is Suryakant, whom also brought me new knowledge and greater understanding of true astrology, which enabled me to recognize the natal chart of Yeshu'a/Jesus of Nazareth once I produced it [couldn't have done it without their help] and became a protectorate of the Sadhan Order of Yoga of India, in 2008, by the benevolence, and grace, of Sri Prabhu Ram Lal. I also consider myself to be a Christian, a Free Quaker, and an eleventh generation one. [since 1683, in America. I also consider myself to be of the Sanatan Dharm, i.e. a Hindu] As a Quaker I am to follow my own "Inner Voice" and as a sisya of the bij, OM, the Logos, which is the Divine Word of God, that Inner Voice and the Word of God are One, indivisible. My fellow yogis call me Devananda. Quakers call all "Friend", unless they prove themselves to be otherwise.
So, I guess one could say that Noviles, especially between the Sun and the Moon, in a natal chart, might just be an indication of an inclination, at least, to seek a spiritual path in the service to God, in some way.:wink:

As for Septiles, I've got little to offer and already gave what little I've been able to deduce from their influence, so far. But I've never spent that much time trying to figure them out, either. As they are hardly recognized by any astrologers, not at all utilized, seemingly, by what I estimate to be maybe one or two out of every hundred, and then usually as some sort of footnote or marginal comment.
I have to bow to Waybread here for demonstrating the most accumulated observational insight I've ever come across before.

Well done, Waybread, and thank you for sharing.

p.s. But I like what you wrote as to their being found in the natal charts of "scientists who do original research"...as I do consider astrology to be a science and believe, as Rudhyar did and also wrote, t"that one day astrology will not only be recognized as a science but as 'The Mother of All Science"

I might even have want to assume that you've a Septile, or few, in your own natal chart?

As promised above, my natal chart ...for verification of my claims.

Dave-M-7-40-44-p-m-natal.png

Last edited:

piercethevale

I've given this some additional thought, particularly in regard as to what Waybread wrote, "Astrologer David Cochrane also thinks that septiles indicate a strong sense of self-discipline in the affected areas of life."

As theris a Septile matrix found on that natal chart I contend, and am personally convinced, is the true birth chart of Jesus/Yeshu'a... beginning with a Moon-Asc.-Pluto conjunction, then Neptune in Scorpio, skips the point in the Sign Capricorn where the Bi Septile would be, then Venus in Pisces, skips the point in Aries, then Mars in Gemini, skips Leo and then back to the three way cluster at the Asc. [of which the Moon is late in the 29th degree of Virgo, actually, Pluto was late in the 1st deg. of Libra and the Asc. in between the two, all three combined give a very allowable, wide, orb around the chart for the other points of influence, of aspect.

By the readings of Edgar Cayce, Jesus/Yeshu'a was heavily obligated karmically to mankind. According to a couple of very reputable clairvoyats that are alleged to have the ability to "see" the past lives of people, I too am karmically indebted to humanity, or at the least obligated, and they saw this independently of one another.
What I'm getting at here is that perhaps the Septile do indicate a need for a great deal of self discipline but perhaps its due to such a debt of obligation.

As I have them in aspect to my natal South, ad North, Nodes it seems to stand to reason that is an indication of an obligation to past karma and to adjust a future course from where it is currently headed at the time the individual is born?

Diem11

The septile aspect deserves better study. Unfortunately dividing 360 degrees into units of 7 gives numbers with ridiculously long decimals.

I propose a degree system to switch to exclusively for the examining of septiles. Each of the twelve signs will have 35 degrees for a total of 420 degrees. A septile in this system would be 60 degrees, a bi-septile would be 120 degrees, and a tri-septile would be 180 degrees. Very convenient.

waybread

That's an interesting thought, Dien11. You probably know that the ancient Mesopotamians invented the sexagesimal (base 60) system used in today's compass bearings, analogue clocks, horoscopes, and angles.
Seven was a sacred number, perhaps in part because it was the first prime number not fitting into the base 60 system.

Did you ever see the film Arrival? Highly recommended. Earth gets visited by Aliens who use the number 7 and don't have a linear system of time..

Diem11

That's an interesting thought, Dien11. You probably know that the ancient Mesopotamians invented the sexagesimal (base 60) system used in today's compass bearings, analogue clocks, horoscopes, and angles.
Seven was a sacred number, perhaps in part because it was the first prime number not fitting into the base 60 system.

Did you ever see the film Arrival? Highly recommended. Earth gets visited by Aliens who use the number 7 and don't have a linear system of time..
Yes, I did know that, and I actually did see Arrival on DVD. As I recall they were of 7 (septapods who had seven fingers on their hands). (Spoiler coming for anyone who plans to see it) I was very outraged when one of those idiot soldiers killed one of them.

Last edited:

Humanitarian

The septile aspect deserves better study. Unfortunately dividing 360 degrees into units of 7 gives numbers with ridiculously long decimals.

I propose a degree system to switch to exclusively for the examining of septiles. Each of the twelve signs will have 35 degrees for a total of 420 degrees. A septile in this system would be 60 degrees, a bi-septile would be 120 degrees, and a tri-septile would be 180 degrees. Very convenient.
So, how to convert the degrees in the normal 360 degrees circle to a 420 degrees circle?

waybread

I think you can divide a circle any way you want. 360 degrees was a convention, but it is ancient, first established by the Sumerians, one of the founders of ancient civilization.