Sabian symbols should progress with the stars.

Cold Fusion

Easy to understand:

12-13 deg Capricorn A Fire Worshipper Meditates On The Ultimate Realities Of Existence

Manubrium is now at 15 Capricorn.

The astrological influences of the star Manubrium

Part of the cluster in the Archer's Face. Of the nature of the Sun and Mars. It causes blindness, explosions, fire, flaring heat, heroism, courage, and defiance. [Robson*, p.173-174.]

The name Manubrium means a handle. Possibly this comes from some sketches of the Archer in which the hand holding the string of the bow is pulled right back to the position of this star. It is a Sun-Mars type, by Ptolemy and must thus be considered one of the `blind stars'. But the same planetary simile is of course symbolic of the fatal potency in the hand that may at any moment release the arrow into flight. To find a major planet in a chart very precisely on Manubrium rather than its neighbors (which are very close in longitude) is likely to show up the more aggressive connotations of the constellation and sign here, we should often find less of the philosopher than the high-performance athlete or the high court judge. The military strategist is also likely to have this star strong. [The Living Stars, Dr. Eric Morse, p.96-97.

Last edited:

piercethevale

r.e. "Sabian symbols should progress with the stars."

Yeah, one would naturally assume so, but they don't.

Easy to understand...

...after you've analyzed hundreds, maybe a couple of thousand, charts over a period of more than thirty years... as I have.

Cold Fusion

Here is one for you:

Marsik Longitude 1900: 24SCO19 Longitude 2000: 25SCO43

25-26 deg Scorpio American Indians Making Camp After Moving Into A New Territory

26-27 deg Scorpio
A Military Band Marches Noisily On Through The City Streets

27-28 deg Scorpio
The King Of The Fairies Approaching His Domain

christ_the_king_statue_jesus_zps0nyhujqt.gif~original

piercethevale

Here is one for you:

Marsik Longitude 1900: 24SCO19 Longitude 2000: 25SCO43

25-26 deg Scorpio American Indians Making Camp After Moving Into A New Territory

26-27 deg Scorpio
A Military Band Marches Noisily On Through The City Streets

27-28 deg Scorpio
The King Of The Fairies Approaching His Domain

christ_the_king_statue_jesus_zps0nyhujqt.gif~original

I haven't the slightest idea of what this is supposed to demonstrate or prove.
Let me just state it simply again... The Sabian Symbols don't move with the Signs as they are not associated with the Signs of the Zodiac and they do not move with the sidereal procession of the stars.

Read the first chapter of Dane Rudhyar's book on the Sabian Symbols "An Astrological Mandala The Cycle of Transformation and It's 360 Symbolic Phases". Part One of the book is titled "The Interpretation of Life Cycles As A Closed Series Of Archetypal Phases" and chapter one is titled "Symbols and the Cyclic Character of Human Experience." In that part of the book, you'll find that Dane explains that there are many cycles in nature but every cycle has structural principles.

The 360 Sabian Symbols represent a cyclic process that can be applied to many other cycles for a greater sense of meaning to be found in any particular cycle. The Sabians are not limited to Astrology as astrology is just one of many cycles to be found in the universe. In the aforementioned book according to Rudhyar, the twelve-fold Zodiac "deals essentially with varying modalities of solar energy, as the waves of this energy strike the earth. It deals with life. The series of 360 degrees deals with meaning."
The twelve signs of the Zodiac represent (ibid.) "twelve basic modes of 'energy', or archetypal qualities of being, which essentially colour any functional activity (e.g. a planet) operating in their fields" Said "fields" are spatial. The twelve Houses of an astrological horoscope are oriented to archetypal classifications of types of experiences that are necessary for the spiritual development of a mature individual person. As to the Zodiac and its twelve basic modes of energy along with the twelve basic classifications of experiences the Houses' embody they are active and effective each in a particular twelfth division of space that is bound to that sidereal movement.

The Sabian cycles' structure is found to be a pattern that is derived from the relationship of the day to the year. It is a cycle of time and it begins with the first day of spring and the Sabian Symbols are a reflection of the cycle of seasons (but they are not limited to that one particular cycle. As I already stated they can be found to be represented in [or representative of] any cycle of transformation.)

Those modes of energies of the Zodiac are, by most astrologers estimation, energies that emanate from the stars and I figure that they most likely are seeing as how they are tied to the procession of the sidereal. But the question unanswered is, what is governing the forces that apply the meaning of the Sabian Symbols?*

My theory is that they are governed by the Angelic. There are seventy-two Angels of the Quinaries according to some esoteric and occult sources and my friend, spiritual confidante, and acclaimed clairvoyant, Clarisse Conner, (whom has proven to me the validity of her talent [or "gift"] on so many occasions that I have lost count but have yet to see it fail once) has, in a number of readings I have had with her concerning questions pertaining to the workings of astrology, has indicated that there is an Angel governing every five degrees of the Zodiac, which amounts to 72 in all.

* What I intended to say, but didn't do a very good job of it, is that I have seen enough evidence to agree with those astrologers that believe that the qualitative energies produced by the 12 Signs of the Zodiac are indeed emanating from the stars and that I also have seen enough evidence to agree with the siderealists in that those Signs travel with the "precession of the equinoxes"... i.e. the sidereal precession.
As like Hesiod surely discovered and then demonstrated when He gave his guide, an almanac of agriculture, to the Greeks, you first sense, then identify, and then demonstrate to all that there is a structure and also rhythmic pattern to the structure. That was the other thing Rudhyar mentioned, that I didn't bring up, is that He wrote that besides structure and form, like any language, like any poem, the Sabian Symbols cycle is one of structure and form but also rhythm. He wrote about how the Sabians' cycle is one of a type that is like the cycle of night and day, rather than one to be thought of as that of a yearly orbit.
Night and Day, Yin and Yang, Light and Darkness, etc. I think the better description/explanation is to think of it as like the phases of the Moon. It begins with the New Moon, that very moment that it moves from an exact conjunction with the Sun allowing the first light of consciousness to manifest to the end of the cycle when it goes completely dark for an instant and the Quarter Moons, and the Half Moon, and all the divisions of the Moon that occur in that Lunar Month are where they are because that's where they occur and they do not move with the stars ...or certainly not at their behest. To divide up the lunar cycle in a month into 360 phases each phase will always have the same Sabian Symbol as to what it embodies and is.
The same applies to our yearly orbit about the Sun for the structure and rhythm of the cycle of the Sabian Symbols.

Last edited:

piercethevale

I just want to bring it to the attention of anyone that has already read the above post that I added an explanation and clarification at the end of the post in dark red text just now. I wish my writing skills were better and could get it right the first time.
I'm not saying I got it right this time either ...as for what I'm trying to convey here...but I think it to be an improvement over the first effort.
Thank you for your patience.
ptv