Relocation & Ascendant change

Luney

I'm doing a Chart for a friend who moved to Australia from California.
Her Ascendant sign has changed from Gemini to Pisces.
According to the iphemeris app .
I did another chart with another software, with her birth in the relocation place and does not change the Ascendant sign.

My question is, Should the Asendanant change by relocation .?

HoldOrFold

Yes, the ascendant would considerably change at that distance.

Make sure you're adjusting the relocated chart's time by the new relocated timezone correctly. A trick to make sure you've got it right is to check both chart's Moon degree, they should be exactly the same. If the time is off then the Moon degrees will be slightly different between the charts.

miquar

Hi. Part of the process of calculating a chart involves converting from clock time to Universal Time to Ephemeris Time to sidereal time to local sidereal time.

The original birth chart and relocated chart have the same Universal Time, Ephemeris Time and sidereal time. They have different local sidereal times unless the new location is on the same line of terrrstrial longitude as the birth location. I don't think it would be appropriate to note the clock time of birth on a relocated chart, though there is no difference if the new location is in the same time zone as the birth time (unless daylight saving time was in use in one location and not the other!)

Ascendant will almost always change. At least one axis must change.

Best wishes

Mike

Luney

WOW... thanks to both replies!

So relocating can really change a person entirely .
So if I was to do a natal chart resulting Gemini ascendant. This would show the life of a person until the relocation.?
Then another relocation chart from the time of moving. resulting a Pisces Ascendant.
Interesting stuff.. i'll have to research this more.
one of my apps is incorrect. (timepassages) ill play around with some settings see if that is the problem. I'm glad i checked it on two different programs.I wouldn't have known
much appreciated
Leoni

Last edited:

Luney

Yes, the ascendant would considerably change at that distance.

Make sure you're adjusting the relocated chart's time by the new relocated timezone correctly. A trick to make sure you've got it right is to check both chart's Moon degree, they should be exactly the same. If the time is off then the Moon degrees will be slightly different between the charts.

yes thanks for the help, you got great info on a thread about relocation. so, i now use the new relocation chart, and disregard the original birth one altogether? I will keep reading on...
i checked the moon position and they are both exact 6 degree. something is a miss with the settings on this timepassages app. I'm thinking i might move to new country to change my ascendant.. :love:

Last edited:

miquar

Hi Leoni. A relocated chart is always secondary to the birth chart. But yes you might notice a difference. If you go on astro.com you can see all the places where each planet was exactly rising, setting, culminating or anticulminating (and thus strong for you at that location), which is not always the same places where the planet was exactly conjunct an angle.

Best wishes

Miquar

HoldOrFold

Hi Leoni. A relocated chart is always secondary to the birth chart. But yes you might notice a difference.r

There's various opinions on this. I've been studying material from arguably the most experienced relocation astrologer and he says the relocated chart is primary, which runs contrary to the mainstream theory. This is from him studying over ten thousand relocation clients and their lives. It's a very new field and he is likely the person with the most hands on experience and largest data-set.

miquar

Hi. As far as I know relocation astrology has been around for 50 years or so, and this is the first time I've heard this view. We have to keep in mind that those who see the birth chart as primary have, between them, studied many millions of charts. But as is often the case in astrology, it's not necessarily a good idea to try to quantify things; my main reason for sharing the generally accepted view that the relocation chart is secondary is that it wouldn't be a good idea for people to start moving because they believed it would change their life.

There's a brilliant book that covers relocation, harmonics and midpoints. It's called Working with Astrology, by Harding and Harvey.

Who is the astrologer by the way?

Best wishes

Miquar

Luney

Hi. As far as I know relocation astrology has been around for 50 years or so, and this is the first time I've heard this view. We have to keep in mind that those who see the birth chart as primary have, between them, studied many millions of charts. But as is often the case in astrology, it's not necessarily a good idea to try to quantify things; my main reason for sharing the generally accepted view that the relocation chart is secondary is that it wouldn't be a good idea for people to start moving because they believed it would change their life.

There's a brilliant book that covers relocation, harmonics and midpoints. It's called Working with Astrology, by Harding and Harvey.

Best wishes

Miquar

I'm having problems with relating with this relocation chart as it doesn't match the persons circumstances, yet the original birth chart fits exactly what she's going through with transits. I also read on Astro,com that the natal chart should always be the primary chart.Thanks for the Name of the book. It sounds great, I can get a much better idea of it all.
Just about to order some books this week
Thanks kindly Miquar ..Luney

HoldOrFold

Best wishes

Miquar

Sure it's Julian Lee, this is his website

Here's some of his resources if you'd like to see where he's coming from:

- Interview with Julian Lee
- Interview Part 2
- His Q&A Material

HoldOrFold

I'm having problems with relating with this relocation chart as it doesn't match the persons circumstances, yet the original birth chart fits exactly what she's going through with transits.

That's interesting, are you able to post the charts?

*Also, do you know how long as she been at the location?

Last edited:

Luney

Hello , sorry for slow replies.. life gets in the way, so does Saturn...
I'll ask her Monday when I see her ,I'll ask her when she moved .
Here are the 2 charts . if you'd like to take a glance.
Sorry the Moon did change house and degree. by location.
Chart 1-: Relocation
Chart 2 -: original birth place.
thanks kindly
Luney
Ill be back with more details...
cheers Luney

Attachments

• IMG_0951.jpg
    IMG_0951.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0932.jpg
    IMG_0932.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 26

HoldOrFold

Hello , sorry for slow replies.. life gets in the way, so does Saturn...
I'll ask her Monday when I see her ,I'll ask her when she moved .
Here are the 2 charts . if you'd like to take a glance.
Sorry the Moon did change house and degree. by location.
Chart 1-: Relocation
Chart 2 -: original birth place.
thanks kindly
Luney
Ill be back with more details...
cheers Luney

Thanks for that, quite a change.

Some longer term transits are Pluto trine + Neptune opposite Mercury/Jupiter and Saturn quincunx Venus.

Are you able to discuss what she is experiencing or any changes she has noticed after her move?