11th house of firends... or enemies?

The_Sundance_Kid

I just wanted to use the word frenemies, as it makes me sound hip. But the more important point is that if it describes the house of most of our associations, and most of the people we fall out with are people who used to be friends, then there is a higher chance of our enemies fitting our 11th house?

O

OrcinusOrca

JayM said:
The book that talked about this focused on karmic astrology more them anything. I have sun in the 11th and it talked about how you have to reconcile with your father because you have had a hard time with him in some ways.

I also have the Sun in my 11th house and have had an uneasy relationship with my father. We don't hate each other, it's just a very weak relationship. I can't categorically say if the Sun in the 11th is the culprit. But i thought I'd add my 2 cents.

JayM

The author said "former" enemies, so it may be firends that were enemies but you worked it out with them, or like FL said it is the house of rebellion.

piercethevale

Howdy, I was taught that the 12th house cusp represents the 'sign' of ones' 'secret enemies'...which seems to lead to confusion as [most often] part, or even sometimes all, of that sign is to be found in the 11th house.
This is as it was explained to me by my brother whom is way more 'read' in these matters of Astrology...[I am not in rapid communication with him these days as he is currently working on his Doctorial. He currently holds degrees in Computer Science, Organic Chemistry and a Masters in Teaching and, as far as I know, any serious study of Astrology by him has been shelved.]...thus I don't know the exact source of his info.
Yet, this instruction by Him has served me well these last 25 years I've been studying/utilizing Astrology.
Does anyone know of any writings that support this.

Last edited:

waybread

I suspect that the notion of the 7th house representing open enemies and the 12th house secret enemies goes back to antiquity. One good book on houses and their history is Deborah Houlding, The Houses: Temples of the Sky, revised ed. One desk reference that I use a lot is Rex E. Bills, The Rulership Book, published by the American Federation of Astrologers. Bills gives open enemies to the 7th and secret enemies to the 12th. Friends traditionally belong to the 11th house. Of course, some system other than conventional modern western astrology may do things differently!

Houlding notes that the 12th house has a connotion of things that are secluded and hidden from view. In traditional astrology it was considered misfortunate. More recently with the incorporation of Neptune as the ruler of Pisces and natural ruler of the 12th house, the 12th house has taken on Neptunian connotations of illusions/disillusionment.