Lucid Dreaming

Phoenix Venus

A lucid dream happens when a person realizes that they are dreaming. Usually this results in the ability to consciously control the dreamstate. Examples of this concious control include being able to fly, teleport, turn the "bay guys" in to puppies, ask to be shown the purpose of a dream, or really whatever you can imagine.

Some people have one or two experiences where they gain minimal awareness of their dream, and others experience lucidity often.

What astrological indicators do you think could show someone who has the potential to lucid dream?

Of course, things can manifest through multiple indicators. One connection I seem to notice is some kind of connection between mercury and moon (gaining consious of subconscious) especially if through some kind of reception.

I would also imagine that the 9th house might be involved, as that is the house of dreams.

And the 12th house as that also rules the subconscious.

I would imagine that some themes of mental mastery would show up in relation to those houses.

What is your experience with lucid dreaming? And what in your chart do you think indicates that?

Phoenix Venus

no lucid dreamers around here, eh?

maybe it will help if i share my experiences with it.

I don't lucid dream extremely often but maybe once every few months. I usually realize i am dreaming by either noticing a recurring dream theme (for instance i often dream of waiting in line for or preparing a bunch of food) or notice something strang happening (for example once my car turned into a rollercoaster and i realized i was dreaming.)

Probably one of my favorite things to do when i become lucid is talking to the people in my dream. i often ask them what is their purpose, or what is the purpose of my dream? I am always amazed at how insightful and unpredictable their answers are. I also like to turn my surroundings into a beautiful scenery, look at my aura, mess with physics, and various other things.

I have mercury inconjunct moon in my natal, which isn't a great connection by itself, but mercury also rules the moon and is in an angular house (and conjunct pluto makes me very aware of surroundings which usually helps to become lucid.) my 9th house is ruled by the moon (in gemini) as well. sun and mars in the 12th i think would make this stronger because it is expressive within isolation/ the subconsious. neptune in the third house also creates a need to have a conscious connection to the subconscious.

Anyone notice similar or differing themes in relation to lucid dreaming?

Zarathu

Account Closed
My son has been a lucid dreamer since he was a very small child and told him that he could handle a nightmare monster by simply taking an available 2 x 4(I told him it was his dream and he could simply pick up a big stick that would be on the ground in front of him), and hit the monster and it would go away crying.

And of course a 4 year old always believes his Daddy implicitly. And of course it happened exactly that way.

Now he often can't remember at first whether the event that he's talking about happened in real life or a dream. Sometimes it can be disconcerting until he thinks about when the event happened.

Phoenix Venus

Now he often can't remember at first whether the event that he's talking about happened in real life or a dream. Sometimes it can be disconcerting until he thinks about when the event happened.

I wouldn't worry about it too much as young children often have trouble distinguishing between the two.. but maybe you could introduce him to the idea of a "reality check".. this is something lucid dreamers do to help induce lucid dreams, but it would probably also help him develop a better grasp of reality/dreamworld.

"Reality checks" are just ways to check whether or not you are in a dream or in waking reality.
Some good "checks":

- Look at the palms of your hands. if you can see the details (lines, thumbprints) then you are in real life.

- Look at the clock, then look away, then look back. If the time remained the same, you are in real life. It will usually change in your dream. Same with looking into the mirror or looking at written words.

- Try to jump up and fly. If you can't you are in real life. (though sometimes flying can't be done in a dream even when consciously trying if the person has some sort of mental block about it...)

Granted, he might still be confused *after* a dream but it if he does a reality check every once in a while, it will help him to have more clarity in time. Lucid dreaming can be a very spiritual practice, it would be good to encourage that talent at a young age.

Would you mind sharing what indications in his chart could point to lucid dreaming abilities?

princess valhalla

huh?! I've always been able to do this (as long as I can remember.) I didn't realize that's what lucid dreaming was. I'm never confused whether I am dreaming or not, I always know that I am. I frequently 'change the direction' of my dreams when I don't like where the dream is going. I actually did that last night. I have a male black cat (in real life.) In my dream, he had gotten a female cat pregnant, apparently, and there were a couple of tiny baby kittens in the ventilation openings on the floor. I went to remove the grate and saw a dead black kitten (there were two other live ones, both calico, one with bright blue eyes.) Didn't like there being a dead kitten so it was gone, disappeared from my dream and the dream carried on.

I'm pretty sure I know why I dreamed this. My male cat isn't 'fixed.' About 2-3 months ago, there were 4 kittens on the property. I never saw the mom but my daughter did, she said she was a yellow tabby. I started feeding the cats, became close to 2 of them, the other 2 were skidish. The landlord didn't like having 'stray' cats on the property and set up traps for them. Caught them all and had animal control pick them up. I'm sure they were probably put down as it is a kill shelter. I feel bad about it, my oldest daughter cried. She knew (b/c) she told me that the shelter would kill them. My dream is telling me to fix my cat so this doesn't happen again. Also I feel guilty about it.

I always change the direction, make things go away or what not when bad things happen in my dreams. Astrologically, I have a 9th house moon. (9th house cusp is Capricorn but my moon is actually 2 deg Aquarius conjunct MC. Also, Moon conjuncts venus in the 9th. My 8th house is Sagittarius, have sun conjunct neptune there. Saturn trines my moon from the 5th house. No mercury/moon connection in my natal.

Good12

I don't have many lucid dreams, but occasionally I do. I forget the dreams few hours later anyways. But I definitely have very vivid dreams. They seem very real. I often have a hard time adjusting to reality when I wake up. I have to sit for 1/2 hour or so just to get re-acquainted with real life. Can get problematic since I feel drained when I wake. It literally feels like I'm in a different world when I dream, just as real as the real one.

My 12th house is Leo cusp and Sun is in 8th house.
My Asc. ruler is Mercury also in 8th house conjunct Sun.
My third house in Scorpio, with Pluto there. Both Sun and Mercury oppose Pluto.
Third house ruler Mars, also ruler of my 8th house, is in 6th house in Pisces. Pisces is often related to dreams, illusion etc.
9th house in Taurus, and Venus in 7th house also in Pisces.

Once in a while I write down a dream that felt important, just so I can remember them. But generally I try to forget them. They feel like a drain.
:annoyed:

Zarathu

Account Closed
I wouldn't worry about it too much as young children often have trouble distinguishing between the two..

Its his world now. He's turning 30, is married, and has a major PhD in a science field, as well as being recognized internationally in the field. Its not a problem for him, but it can be humorous.

I have no permission from him to share his chart, and he's not likely to give his "kooky astrologer dad" that permission.

Prisma

Just to report that I have been able to do this more or less since I was like 13 or so.

At first, I was scared, when I turned the nightmare for the better, it felt amazing.

This couple of months I have had some of them. One of them was like I dreamed about an old lady (who I have had contact in real life) trying to put a spell or something on me, and that I just prayed "the Signal of the Cross", and turn my head in bed and continued to sleep, like it had been some fly bothering me. That made me smile and chuckle, while remembering it, couple of days later. Then I ended up with a stomach virus for a day or so.

And just last night, I had another lucid dream. And it also involved praying.

But still, I am fine. But one does wonder sometimes about things that happen in dream world and in real life.

Attachments

• mychart-whiteout.jpg
    mychart-whiteout.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

princess valhalla

Hi Prisma. I noticed you have moon in Aquarius like me. Yours is opposite venus on the 12/6th axis. You have ruler of the ninth in the 12th. Those are a couple of things that popped out at me for some reason. :sideways:

princess valhalla

Ok! So I decided to research some links on this. There are a couple of threads I found already on AW.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34055
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45518
http://astrofix.net/2010/08/21/strong-dreamers/#.UWi5kaKmhAo

I noticed talk about uranus links. Interesting that both I and Prisma have Aquarius moon. Also, for me I have Uranus parallel my Aqu. Moon.

There was also talk of neptune/saturn aspects. I have Saturn (H5) square neptune (H8.) I also have mercury conjunct neptune. The midpoint of SU/ME=NE in my natal.

Anyways, those links are some interesting reads.

Prisma

Thinking about the latest dreams, it may have to be also with transits of Neptune in Piscis, at least.

Whatever the reason, may it be transits, just the energies I have been experiencing lately, psychologically induced by stress of the day and afterthoughts of daylight worries and musings, although it is interesting to peek once in a while through the strangely colored glasses of the subconscious and who know what other realms, I thank God that I feel in this matter somewhat protected and even detached.

If not prepared, some things may actually do more harm than good and knowledge acquired may be just too little to even be for almost nothing, compared to one being in control and sane. Some things are best to look at a distance.

Last edited:

princess valhalla

I hear ya.
I'm sure transits def. have to do with it as well.
Until today I had no idea that I was a lucid dreamer. lol
For the most part I let my dreams unfold. The only times I consciously change them is when something negative or bad is happening in my dream. Then I just make it go away. I've also flied away, manifested objects if I needed to fight etc. I think as a very young child I must have had a nightmare or two and then realized I could control my dreams. I don't remember this but sounds about right. I just know I have always done this. I am consciously aware that I am dreaming always. For some reason, I never thought of this as odd. I thought that was the norm. I think I prob. have a lot of untapped abilities that I haven't really cultivated. It's not like I had new age parents or anyone to teach me these things. My parents are actually very conservative/religious. So I just kind of navigated those waters on my own.
I do understand the dangers of messing with the unknown. I had a few bad experiences as a child that taught me that. That is prob. why I have been reticent to develop any psychic abilities that I might have.
They say that people with neptune in the 8th really need to learn grounding techniques. That is what I read somewhere online. I believe this to be true.

persephone5

I've always loved dreams. I've always had very strange dreams, sometimes to the point where people think I must've done drugs to have dreams so bizarre and messed up. I remember them very well, even years later. My husband and I both can lucid dream. I think he can better than me though, but my dreams are a lot more entertaining :p

I usually try to re-wind the dream and try to fix the problem. Or flying away. Once I flew away but couldn't fly fast enough so I created a helicopter to fly me out of there. I used to be able to create scenarios in dreams that I wanted to happen. I'm not as good at it anymore.

I have a sun/merc conjunction to uranus that could explain it. Moon just sextiles them, nothing major there. I recently discovered though that I have moon parallel to neptune though which explains a lot! I think that alone (along with the mars//neptune I discovered) really explains so much.

I don't think my husband has anything with uranus but he does have moon and venus in pisces.

ews5

I have lucid dreams often. I'm either flying around having a blast or teleporting around. I sometimes become so aware I find myself looking around, but I'm completely alone and get scared and wake myself cause I think something is after me.

I figured I'd chime in cause I find dreams interesting. I'll post my chart if anyone is interested since I have Venus, moon, mercury, mars and chiron in 12th house placidus system.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_anonymous.39883.11006.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_anonymous.39883.11006.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 19