Born two weeks late: what is my starsign?

ladyinpink

Hello!

I am new to astrology and have been devouring star sign books (not on how to read charts, simply on the personalities of the signs). I find them especially accurate, but there is one problem: accurate with everyone except myself!

My birthday is September 5th. As a child, I do think I was the typically shy female Virgo. Some parts still remain - one book says that the Virgo woman is devoted to service, and this is largely true of me. I also do display a lot of perfectionist tendencies.

However, when making this comment to my Mum, she reminded me of the fact that I was born two weeks late. (Also note that I was only just born on the fifth, at 12:20am or similar.) If this is true, I should have been born in the early hours of August 22nd, the final day of Leo.

This seems more accurate, in some ways: I am largely ambitious and it is probably true that I am as flirtatious as the books suggest (lol!). However, it says I take time to love people and only love a few - this doesn't seem so accurate, the Virgo's service trait seems more appropriate.

I have been trying to google to find out about the significance of whether you are born late or early for starsigns. Is it a simple case of "you will have traits of both"? What about when looking up relationship compatibilities, should I look at both signs?

Can anybody help?

Many thanks!

Best wishes,

Samantha

Howl

Hello there,

Have you had a chance to look at your whole natal chart? Your sun may be in Virgo, but you might also have a strong Leo emphasis in your chart. You can certainly have several signs emphasised in the one chart :)

If you haven't seen your natal chart yet, try going to astro.com and entering your birth time and location. You can then select a natal chart to be drawn for you, under the 'free horoscopes' section. Have a look, and if you like, post it here with any questions or observations you might have.

Stacey5271

Take the phrase "two weeks late" with a big grain of salt. Due dates are only approximations based on the date of the last menses since they are unable to know the actual date the pregnancy began. When I was pregnant in France, my doctor actually gave me a 2 week window for the birth of my child rather than giving a specif date that he knew wouldn't be terribly accurate. You were born when it was your time.

I agree with Howl about looking at your whole chart. The starsign is only one piece of the puzzle. If that were all there was, then there'd be little room for individuals to be different.

Howl

Ahh, I see that you have much fire! :D

You have the planets Mercury, Venus and Mars all in the fire sign of Leo. These "inner" or "personal" planets are all strongly demonstrated in the way we behave, communicate and interact. They describe different parts of your persona, along with your Virgo Sun.

You could start your chart interpretation by googling some of these. Try:

"Mercury in Leo"
"Venus in Leo"
"Mars in Leo"

Another one that will prove important to you is your Moon placement - you have the Moon in Taurus. Your Moon placement is a strong indicator of your habitual inner nature, I would look at that one to start with too.

A good place to start is actually the search function on astrologyweekly.com

Happy reading ;)

Stacey5271

You were posting your chart as I was typing my response.

I think some of the traits you are trying to fit into Virgo, but don't quite fit actually are in total sync with your rising sign of Cancer.

I can see where the Leo tendancies you feel are coming from. You have 3 planets in Leo in the 3rd house. It doesn't look this is a true stellium as one of the planets doesn't make aspects to the other 2, but it still puts a strong focus on the 3rd house and on Leo in particular.

starlink

Ladyinpink, it does not matter whatsoever if you were born two weeks later or earlier than predicted. The birthday itself is the day and your Sun is in Virgo. Your sunsign does not change because you were two weeks late. You can never say:"I should have been born then and then". People born via cesarian also are born on the day of the operation and maybe would have been born later if the mother did not have a cesarian. Nevertheless, a baby born is a baby born and that is the day of your Sun sign.

NB. I am a Taurus, Ascendant Scorpio but both rulers Venus and Mars, are in the 5th house in Aries! So I am actually far more Aries than Taurus. Moon is in Scorpio and emotionally I am very much Scorpio, not at all Taurus. You see, it all depends on the whole picture. Look where the ruler of your Sun is placed and the ruler of your Moon and Ascendant. Then you get an additional insight into your personality.

Last edited:

FishNChips62

This might sound a little crazy, but I think i'd be able to tell if you're a Virgo or not (which I do believe you are anyway..but i guess just to confirm any lingering doubts in urself ) by looking at your picture. I'd mostly look to see if you were very girly or not. Virgo girls are by rule the girliest females of the zodiac! They look sweet and girly-yep. Cancers do too, but they look much more like they're cute and cuddly and want to be nurtured. I guess Taurus girls might pull off the cute look, too, but they don't look anywhere near as girly and sweet as a virgo girl or as "Im so cute! I want you to give me all the love in the world." as a Cancer girl might be yelling out. :] Hope this helped somewhat. If you never show me your picture at least now you have a picture inside your head of what you should look like ;] haha!

Love love love
---Mabel