Why would a Scorpio Man fall for a Cancer Woman? Wouldn't she be too conservative?

Darth MI

I don't get this pair up in astrology. The Scorpio man is often described as an outcast for despising traditions and actually takes pride in being a non-conformist. Cancer women are described as being the most conservative of the zodiac along with Capricorn. Cancer women are also described as the most patriotic of the zodiac along with Cappy. Scorpios are such cynics that they often don't believe in patriotism and country and if anything are often anti-state (or at least libertarian enough to fear the notion of "country").

In addition Scorpio men are often tough and have no qualms about stating blunt comments that really sting. Aren't Cancer women the MOST EMOTIONAL of the zodiac and gets hurt very easily and sensitively? Wouldn't the Scorpio man be break the Cancer woman's heart?

I can understand Scorpio and Pisces because Pisces people don't judge and are so understanding Scorpio can let their guard down. But seeing Cancer girls are such conservatives and patriots, wouldn't she despise the Scorpio man for not only not conforming traditions, but even openly (and rudely) attacking them as stupid? Wouldn't the Cancer girl judge the Scorpio man for not believing in country?

Last but not least, Cancer women more than anything VALUE the family system and WANTS her own FAMILY more than anything else. Scorpio men are often described as being such rugged individualist they don't want a family to drag them down. Furthermore seeing Scorpio men are often womanizers who **** other women even after finding his TRUE LOVE and marrying her, wouldn't the Cancer get heartbroken by the betrayal and at the same time hate the Scorpio man for risking destroying her family? Scorpio men are often outcasted even by his family because the family sees his actions as shaming the family's reputation. Why would the Cancer fall for a man who is not welcomed, if not despised, by his family?

The two signs have little in common I cannot comprehend this. Actually I understand Cancer man and Scorpio woman seeing that the Cancer man despite his traditional nature sees himself as the man of the house and thus feels responsible for the Scorpio girl esp. after marriage (and this isn't even taking into account the Cancer man's clingy nature.

But Scorpio man and Cancer woman? I CANNOT get this???!!!

Yanel

I'm not trying to offend you but after reading your post...I felt disturbed. So much of your thoughts go just to the zodiac signs without considering that astrology is not studying souls(the most intimate of places where personality has little importance) and so much prejudicies and categorizing and misjudge and...my head hurts. I don't see how one can talk about compatibility between zodiac signs. Not only there are so much more things in the charts of people, but astrology can't define you, it can't find you if you're lost and love is so great a feeling, never explained by us humans, that just the thought of analysing it in the way you analyzed Scorpios and Cancers seems absurd.

And how a living human being with a heart, a mind and so many possibilities and qualities can be just named a womanizer because of the presumable traits of his zodiac sign? Neither astrology, nor life are about so simple presumptions and beliefs. Nobody can say that Scorpios are womanizers. Even astrology doesn't do it, at least not the reliable sources. I don't care what people think they have observed in real life, Scorpios are not womanizers, Leos are not womanizers, Librans are not womanizers, Capricorns are not womanizers. And why a Scorpio man can love or just fall for a Cancer woman or a Capricorn woman or a Libra woman? For reasons that nobody can know or guess or has the right to question.

Last edited:

miquar

Hi. I agree with Yanel. There is in fact no such thing as a Cancer person or a Scorpio person. Most charts show conflicting needs, and the type of relationship which suits one need may not suit another.

Signs of the same element share the same way of adapting to life - in this case through the feeling function, which corresponds to the water element. This is why signs of the same element are considered compatible.

When functioning well, Cancerian consciousness will only conserve that which promotes the continuity and growth of the individual and that from which the individual derives a sense of stability - all else will be discarded. And Scorpio is not inherently rebellious - simply keen to commune with other individuals in a way which releases 'the energy born of relationship' (Rudhyar) - sometimes the individual tries to seize the energy as her or his own, which may or mat not lead to becoming an outcast in these times where ruthless capitalism is sanctioned. All of the water signs are capable of being parasitic, though - note the stereotypical Cancerian parent who lives through her or his children and keeps them close when they would benefit from more freedom to be themselves.

Zarathu

Account Closed
If astrology was just about sun signs, then there would be no point in studying it for 45+ years as I have done.

You have taken an incredibly complex quantum universe, which is actually many many many times more complex than quantum physics and then simplified into "1 +1 =2" .....

and wondered why things didn't seem to work for you.

anjelik

I agree with everyone here. You can't generalize based on a Sun sign. I usually roll my eyes or cringe when I hear people talking about their daily Sun sign horoscope and how accurate it is. You need to look at your own daily transits to your natal chart.

I am a Pisces and I can assure you that if you met me in person that would probably not be any of the top three signs you would guess.

Jesse Booth

Wow, that was kinda like giving a giant middle finger to every Scorpio to ever walk the Earth, Darth MI. Scorpio isn't actually a regular cheater. Like all fixed signs, Scorpios are actually quite loyal. Scorpio is probably the most misunderstood sign in the Zodiac, and you aren't helping at all. Scorpio and Cancer are great matches because Cancer's clingy tendencies and uncertainty find Scorpio to be a reassuring pillar of strength. Scorpio tends to look for passion, loyalty, and depth in their relationships, and find exactly what it's looking for with Cancer. Scorpio actually feels reassured by Cancer's neediness, and relaxes in the relationship. Because of Cancer's near-boundless loyalty, Scorpio's infamous jealousy will rarely pop up. And when it does, the sparks in the bedroom helps take away the tension. What could possibly give you the idea they aren't a good match?

And if Scorpio is such an unpatriotic sign, why have we had more Scorpio Presidents than any other sun sign?

Actually I understand Cancer man and Scorpio woman seeing that the Cancer man despite his traditional nature sees himself as the man of the house and thus feels responsible for the Scorpio girl esp. after marriage (and this isn't even taking into account the Cancer man's clingy nature.

Clearly, you've never met a Scorpio woman if you think that they're going to take the passive role in the household, or that they're looking for someone to take care of them.

Last edited:

anjelik

Clearly, you've never met a Scorpio woman if you think that they're going to take the passive role in the household, or that they're looking for someone to take care of them.

This made me chuckle. Scorpio influenced women certainly wear the pants, that's for sure. Whether it's the Sun sign or other planets influencing, every Scorpio woman I've met has definitely not been passive.

waybread

Darth, synastry doesn't go by pop-schlock astrology's sun-sign match-ups, but by looking how planets in specific degrees of signs interact. Ideally you've got two charts to work with, both with correct birth times.

However, it is possible that you and this Cancer lady have your sun degrees in a harmonious trine aspect. If so, this confers a great feeling of friendship because your egos (symbolized by the sun) will harmonize. But you also need to look at your respective moons, Venus, Mars, and ascendants, to name the most important points of contact in a romantic relationship.

Scorpio and Cancer as water signs both operate on an emotional, feeling level.