Advice on wounding in the natal chart: sun conjunct Saturn opposite chiron

https://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi?lang=e&gif=astro_2gw_laughingpanda.85601.11166.png&res=100

Hey there I’ve been giving some thought to emotional wounds and working through emotional and psychological stuff recently. I’ve got my sun one degree away from Saturn and opposite Chiron. Does anyone else have something similar/words of wisdom? I find it very hard to relax and be myself/trust in the universe. There are also a lot of issue with my father (who interestingly passed away just as Saturn transited my natal Pluto - the exact same degree). Also issues with childhood bullying, difficult home life as a child and other traumas leading to addiction issues in adulthood - that I’ve now turned around. What are other people’s experience with this placement (or others in their natal chart)?
X

waybread

Your chart has expired. Normally you can't link directly from your astro.com charts. Save it to your computer and upload it as a clickable thumbnail; or to a service like imgur.com and then post the link.

But there are some horoscope aspects that I call, "It hurts to be you." You've mentioned two of them. But both have the capacity to confer a lot of wisdom and compassion.

Your chart has expired. Normally you can't link directly from your astro.com charts. Save it to your computer and upload it as a clickable thumbnail; or to a service like imgur.com and then post the link.

But there are some horoscope aspects that I call, "It hurts to be you." You've mentioned two of them. But both have the capacity to confer a lot of wisdom and compassion.

Thanks. I’m working from my phone at the moment and have difficulty uploading chart so I’ll see if I can do what you’ve suggested once I have access to laptop. Thanks for your help :)

Domna

I have a similar situation in my chart. Sun loosely conjunct Chiron, both opposite Saturn. Saturn and Sun also square my Moon. I don't know if I have much wisdom to share, but I'm interested, so I'll follow this thread.

I have experienced some of the same stuff in my life... bullying and some traumatic times, plus insecurities and self-esteem issues that I had to work through... but overall I don't feel like I carry much of a wound these days. I also have an overly developed sense of optimism and good pair of rose colored glasses though (Jupiter trine/sextile Saturn and Chiron, dominant Neptune parallel Saturn, contraparallel Sun, trine Moon), so I guess I tend to believe that everything will work out. And thus far everything has worked out for the best in the end.

jkxx74

Premium Member
Hi LaughingPanda - I'd like to see your chart too but will try to go off your question for now. (Sun trine Chiron with Chiron in the 5th house here which isn't quite the same as your aspect but some similar themes and I do know some individuals who have the conjunction - with a Saturn-ruled Sun so some of those themes bleed through as well.)

For Sun-Chiron, if you haven't already, see if this resonates with you - as these aspects do indeed bring the fragility of life to light in a way that is very difficult to endure for the person with the aspect, especially if this happens to be a hard aspect between Sun and Chiron - on the other hand it also carries a sort of transcendent quality that builds up as you work to heal the wounds represented by Chiron to the point you gain some potent healing abilities yourself - but as it is Chiron we are talking about this is more about healing others' pain than our own.

With Saturn the themes are somewhat different, when you have any major aspect between Sun and Saturn there is a sort of commandment to develop one's own identity in the face of life, but it is done through attrition, we do it because nothing conventional works or is satisfactory rather than because we would like to go in this direction. In the end what we discover with this aspect is something very much our own no one can ever take away from us so long as we are alive.

These are both very heavy aspects as you have alluded to and there is no point pretending they are not - as waybread said "It hurts to be you" and on top of that it is challenging to be you as well because of the difficulties in making things work Sun-Saturn introduces. Nevertheless whatever these aspects do allow you to build is nearly indestructible and comes to define you in the future in a very noticeable way.

I have three books to recommend particularly here - one is Liz Greene's Barriers and Boundaries because it discusses Saturn and Chiron extensively (and I could send you some material from this one), another is Chiron and the Healing Journey, and another yet is Saturn - a new look at an old devil. All have lots of information on these archetypes and how they work and I've personally found them helpful and so have others who have them particularly strong in their charts.

There are going to be lots of traumatic experiences with Chiron in close contact with personal planets but also if your chart has happened to get hard transits from Pluto (especially) so there could be other factors playing into this.

Hi LaughingPanda - I'd like to see your chart too but will try to go off your question for now. (Sun trine Chiron with Chiron in the 5th house here which isn't quite the same as your aspect but some similar themes and I do know some individuals who have the conjunction - with a Saturn-ruled Sun so some of those themes bleed through as well.)

For Sun-Chiron, if you haven't already, see if this resonates with you - as these aspects do indeed bring the fragility of life to light in a way that is very difficult to endure for the person with the aspect, especially if this happens to be a hard aspect between Sun and Chiron - on the other hand it also carries a sort of transcendent quality that builds up as you work to heal the wounds represented by Chiron to the point you gain some potent healing abilities yourself - but as it is Chiron we are talking about this is more about healing others' pain than our own.

With Saturn the themes are somewhat different, when you have any major aspect between Sun and Saturn there is a sort of commandment to develop one's own identity in the face of life, but it is done through attrition, we do it because nothing conventional works or is satisfactory rather than because we would like to go in this direction. In the end what we discover with this aspect is something very much our own no one can ever take away from us so long as we are alive.

These are both very heavy aspects as you have alluded to and there is no point pretending they are not - as waybread said "It hurts to be you" and on top of that it is challenging to be you as well because of the difficulties in making things work Sun-Saturn introduces. Nevertheless whatever these aspects do allow you to build is nearly indestructible and comes to define you in the future in a very noticeable way.

I have three books to recommend particularly here - one is Liz Greene's Barriers and Boundaries because it discusses Saturn and Chiron extensively (and I could send you some material from this one), another is Chiron and the Healing Journey, and another yet is Saturn - a new look at an old devil. All have lots of information on these archetypes and how they work and I've personally found them helpful and so have others who have them particularly strong in their charts.

There are going to be lots of traumatic experiences with Chiron in close contact with personal planets but also if your chart has happened to get hard transits from Pluto (especially) so there could be other factors playing into this.[/

Thanks so much for this.It feels very validating to hear from other people what I’ve been thinking/feeling. I think aspects in my chat have given me a destiny where I follow a lonely path and it can feel alienating at times (also Scorpio rising, Pluto in Scorpio in first house so I think that’s part of the lone wolf vibe). On the flip side I know it’s brought strength of spirit- I just wish I could have a lovey dovey vesuvian or neptunium chart sometimes :). It never ceases to amaze me how astrology works. You don’t know me but a lot of what you’ve said feels spot on! I’d be really interested if you could send some of the material you mentioned. How do you find your destiny has been with Chiron in the 5th? Incidentally Chiron is transiting my 5th at the moment.
I still haven’t worked out how to upload my chart using my phone. But my birthday is 31st January 1992 born at 00:52 GMT (London,U.K.) If that helps?

I have a similar situation in my chart. Sun loosely conjunct Chiron, both opposite Saturn. Saturn and Sun also square my Moon. I don't know if I have much wisdom to share, but I'm interested, so I'll follow this thread.

I have experienced some of the same stuff in my life... bullying and some traumatic times, plus insecurities and self-esteem issues that I had to work through... but overall I don't feel like I carry much of a wound these days. I also have an overly developed sense of optimism and good pair of rose colored glasses though (Jupiter trine/sextile Saturn and Chiron, dominant Neptune parallel Saturn, contraparallel Sun, trine Moon), so I guess I tend to believe that everything will work out. And thus far everything has worked out for the best in the end.

Do you think the wounding you described resolved itself with the natural passage of time? As in, maturity and life experience helped you respond to life with trust? The reason I ask is I’m coming up to my first Saturn return in the next year or two and I think this is why I’ve started to ponder Saturn and it’s relationship to my chart and to astrology in general. I like to imagine all the heaviness will lift eventually! It’s interesting what you said about Jupiter and Neptune. There’s no such thing as a “bad chart” I suppose - just life lessons etc. It easy to forget that, at least for me, and you mentioning Jupiter and Neptune reminded me I’ve got a beautiful Jupiter trine to a bundle of planets (venus, north node, Uranus, Mars and Neptune - the latter three of which are one degree after the other so v close conjunction - all in Capricorn, mostly in the 3rd). To say I’m an obsessive person is an understatement. I like to think Jupiter will eventually help balance things out and bring more joy and trust.

Domna

Do you think the wounding you described resolved itself with the natural passage of time? As in, maturity and life experience helped you respond to life with trust? The reason I ask is I’m coming up to my first Saturn return in the next year or two and I think this is why I’ve started to ponder Saturn and it’s relationship to my chart and to astrology in general. I like to imagine all the heaviness will lift eventually! It’s interesting what you said about Jupiter and Neptune. There’s no such thing as a “bad chart” I suppose - just life lessons etc. It easy to forget that, at least for me, and you mentioning Jupiter and Neptune reminded me I’ve got a beautiful Jupiter trine to a bundle of planets (venus, north node, Uranus, Mars and Neptune - the latter three of which are one degree after the other so v close conjunction - all in Capricorn, mostly in the 3rd). To say I’m an obsessive person is an understatement. I like to think Jupiter will eventually help balance things out and bring more joy and trust.

Well... I've always been a very optimistic person and I've always had a good deal of trust that things will turn out. Nothing could ever truly bring me down. But the insecurities and anxieties that I would attribute to Saturn have resolved more an more over the years. I am past my first Saturn return now and I'm starting to really trust myself to be able to handle anything that life throws my way. I've always trusted luck and providence, and my ability to see the good in everything, but I have developed more trust in myself and my own competence.