My solar return for 2016 -any help?

mmartinez

Hi there!

I've just found out this forum and I am very excited about how much learning I can get from it! Many thanks for all of your sharing.

I am new to astrology and thus not that good at reading charts. The year 2015 has been difficult for me, especially in the career field... I had to change jobs and the new one is being quite stressfull and difficult...

My new SR starts in Feb, can anybody take a look at my chart and share his/her thoughts? I have posted my birth chart too.

To me it looks like a good year as Jupiter conjucts Midheaven, but Im worried about Saturn in my 1st house...The moon in the 7th house caught my eye too..As my ascendant is Cancer and the year I met my boyfriend it was in the same house... Is it a good year for love?

Thanks!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

• dibujo.gif
    dibujo.gif
    50.7 KB · Views: 43
  • dibujo (1).gif
    dibujo (1).gif
    50.7 KB · Views: 40

Arena

Are you looking for something in particular you would like to happen?

Can you state birth data and place as well as place of residence?

mmartinez

Hi Arena!
Many thanks for your reply.
Birth place Valencia-Spain
Place of residence- Madrid in Spain too

The thing is that I am not happy at work at the moment and I'd like to know if my situation will improve. Also, at some point in the future I would like to set up my own company and lately I have been thinking about this... but I feel it's too early ??

With regards my love life, if there's something that looks interesting to you, I would like to know it ;) is Saturn in house 1 too bad? I guess so...

Thanks lovely!

Arena

Ok, so I found out your chart, but let me tell you first that I do not use tropical astrology. I will read into your chart with western sidereal method. It uses the zodiac corrected for precession, and the solar returns are corrected for precession as well.

I see your main features are that you have angular Neptune on Dsc and Uranus on west point. Those become more tightly angular in Madrid, so you would probably see stronger expressions of those planets after you moved there.

In western sidereal zodiac your Moon is in Capricorn and conjunct Jupiter, the great benefic. But it is also square to Pluto. Your Sun would be in Aquarius and is conjunct Mercury and square Saturn. You will probably see the strongest part of you as the expression of Neptune and Uranus because they are angular (very close to angles in Madrid).

You might want to take a look at this before I continue.
Sun in Aquarius
http://solunars.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7#p25

Sun conj. Mercury:
http://solunars.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=29#p123

Sun sq. Saturn:
http://solunars.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=29#p127

Moon in Capricorn
http://solunars.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8#p37

Moon conj. Jupiter:
http://solunars.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=29#p134

Moon sq. Pluto:
http://solunars.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=29&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15#p138

Neptune angular;
http://solunars.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1997&p=71#p81

Uranus angular:
http://solunars.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1997&p=71#p80

Arena

So now we move on to your 2015 solar return.
I notify you that I am not reading off the chart you posted for that. I am reading the solar return that is corrected for precession (sidereal).

In 2015 you have the Moon as most important factor. It is very close to your SR ASC, partile aspect. And Mercury is within 5°.

This aspect is very important for learning.
t. MOON & t. MERCURY
"Much mental productivity: letters, articles, books and the like are writen; mathematical calculations undertaken; studies commenced, lectures delivered and important business transacted."

MOON conj. ASCENDANT or EASTPOINT
Personality is under focus. Need for response, acceptance, feedback, recognition from others. Responsive, reactive, reflexive; receptive, sensitive, sensuous. Subject to whim and impulse; volition wavers in face of temptation or distraction. Emotions heightened, moods far-ranging.

t. MOON aspecting t. MERCURY
"...the native is the recipient of offers, important correspondence or telephone calls, and is forced by circumstances to give account of himself, answer questions, and sign his name. Hence, contracts, application blanks, questionnaires, and documents command his attention, and he seems at times to be hopelessly trapped in 'red tape.' ...frequently manifests in his being a candidate, the object of interviews, or investigation. People come to him for his autograph and biographic material, and he is a topic of conversation in realms where he is not personally known." "...the necessity for travel, the setting of deadlines which must be met at all costs, and occasions where the native is called upon to speak whether he wishes to do so or not."

solunars.net

Actually when I compare the SR to your natal chart to see if there are any planets that come close to natal angles, I do see that URANUS comes to a very tight conjunction to your relocated MC and is partile square Pluto. This is a major turning point. It can mean a change of jobs or a whole new career path. And it can also mean that you move since it also touches your IC by opposition.

I want to make note of that the Moon Mercury is actually not a close aspect unless you look at the chart in mundo. So you might just feel that angular Moon and then some Mercury effects by itself (but not as an aspect to the Moon). The closest planet to the angle is the SR MOON. But then there is also that Jupiter close to Dsc. It could manifest in getting to meet new people or making a love contact. It could mean some kind of social elevation, and it could also have to do with monetary profits and investments. Although in this case, since the aspect is on the SR ASC-DSC axis I do suspect it would have more to do with your relations to other people and maybe love matters.

Natal Saturn does come close to the SR MC and that can mean hard work. It can signal professional maturity and authority, but Saturn can also mean setbacks and restrictions at work when on MC.

Do you see this in your life in 2015?

Last edited:

Arena

So now I look into your sec. progressed chart.

I see that Venus travelled past your natal MC some 4 years ago, that may have been a beginning of a major romance/relationship or you would have met new friends and had good positive feedback at work. I also see that your sec.pr MC did pass by your natal Venus some 8 yrs ago and this may also have been significant for your relationship matters and job.

I see that this year pr. Mercury is right on your natal MC, supporting the solar return. Mercury is strongly affecting your life right now and might mean you go into further education or that you are doing some kind of Mercurial job at the moment. You are probably very busy and communicative during this progression that lasts about 3-4 years. Your sec. pr. MC passed by natal Mercury some 4 years ago, this may have signalled a graduation or an education period.

When I look at your sec. pr. angles I see that your MC is coming to sec. pr. Venus.

mmartinez

Hi Arena!

Thank you so much for your extensive analysis, really!!!! :surprised:
You took so much time explaining every sigle point, and I truly appreciate it. You were very accurate, actually! Many thanks for that.:smile:

Let me answer your questions and give you some additional information with regards what you see in the charts.

I see your main features are that you have angular Neptune on Dsc and Uranus on west point. Those become more tightly angular in Madrid, so you would probably see stronger expressions of those planets after you moved there.

I came to Madrid in September 2014 and I also have the feeling that I've been even more sensitive since then -yes, I am highly emotional as you said. However, things haven't been easy since I arrived, but especially because there were many ups and downs due to job matters, especially.
Do you think that the place where I'm living might not be the best location for me as these 2 planets are tightly angular?

With regards all of the aspects that you mentioned, I agree with all of them. I would only say about Uranus angular that I like freedom, but in my love life I prefer being commited with one person (maybe this has something to do with my moon in capricorn and ascendant in cancer -o I have the same ascendant in the western sideral method?).

mmartinez

So with regards the SR:

In 2015 you have the Moon as most important factor. It is very close to your SR ASC, partile aspect. And Mercury is within 5°. This aspect is very important for learning.

Correct. I have learnt a lot at work this year. In fact, the last two months I have been travelling to the headoffices of my current company for trainings related to my job (sales). So all of the transits that you mentioned have to do with my current life and job. Also, I have been thinking of starting an MBA in 2016 and applying to shools to teach, as I did in the past.

t. MOON & t. MERCURY

Personality is under focus. Need for response, acceptance, feedback, recognition from otherst.

Yes, these days I feel that I need even more feedback and acceptance from my managers, after all I am new to this job. Most of the times our managers don't give a feeback, and at the same time they are very pushy with your objectives, so one does not know what to think... and this is dissapointing...
t. MOON aspecting t. MERCURY "...the native is the recipient of offers, important correspondence or telephone calls, and is forced by circumstances to give account of himself, answer questions, and sign his name. Hence, contracts, application blanks, questionnaires, and documents command his attention, and he seems at times to be hopelessly trapped in 'red tape.' .[/QUOTE]

I do a lot of negotiation, phonecalls, and deal with contracts on a daily basis in my current job

This is a major turning point. It can mean a change of jobs or a whole new career path. And it can also mean that you move since it also touches your IC by opposition.
>I was forced to change jobs in May 2015 as my company closed down. I am still in the same field (sales) but in the past it was always international sales and now I am only dealing with companies from this country. In fact, I asked you if you could see a new change as I miss dealing with foreign customers, I love travelling and foreign cultures (Sun in house 9, and Mercury in house 9, I speak different foreign languages).

Natal Saturn does come close to the SR MC and that can mean hard work. It can signal professional maturity and authority, but Saturn can also mean setbacks and restrictions at work when on MC.

Definitely right! A lot of hard work since May and my current problem is those setbacks and restrictions at work that you see. In the past my managers gave me freedom to take some decisitions I cannot take now and this makes me upset... Is this going to last for long time? Do you think 2016 will be better?

Last edited:

mmartinez

I am not familiar with progressed charts, what is this for?

I see that Venus travelled past your natal MC some 4 years ago, that may have been a beginning of a major romance/relationship or you would have met new friends and had good positive feedback at work. I also see that your sec.pr MC did pass by your natal Venus some 8 yrs ago and this may also have been significant for your relationship matters and job

Something like 8 years ago, in June 2008 I finished university and met my boyfrien. We've been living together since 2011 (almost 5 years now) and it is true that I had a good position at work at the time and I used to receive positive feeback from my managers.

I see that this year pr. Mercury is right on your natal MC, supporting the solar return. Mercury is strongly affecting your life right now and might mean you go into further education or that you are doing some kind of Mercurial job at the moment. You are probably very busy and communicative during this progression that lasts about 3-4 years.

Yes, I am extremmely busy/ travelling /communicating a lot with many people, so that's totally correct. And as I explained before, I am thinking of going into further education as you mentioned. And yes, my job is very mercurial, hehe :)

When I look at your sec. pr. angles I see that your MC is coming to sec. pr. Venus.

What does this mean? Something important is going to happen in my love life/career? I would like to set up my own company in the future, maybe something related to consulting or international sales, but I think it is best for me to wait for now to gain more knowledge and then to move on. What do you think?

Many thanks, Arena. You were very helpful and generous

Arena

Oh, wow! Your life fits perfectly the astrological symbolism shown :)
When your pr. MC will hit Venus you will live a similar period as those 8 yrs ago, people will like you very much, you will have a new stage in your love life (might be a wedding) and you will have good time at work.

About Uranus angular on Dsc, it does not have to mean that you change partners often. It can also mean other symbolism of Uranus, like you will be very freedom loving and independent.

Ok so let's continue into 2016. I'll get back to you on that one just in a bit.

Arena

In 2016 SR, there is not really a tightly angular planet, except for SR Mars partile conjunct the west point in relocated chart in Madrid.

So what can that mean?
Well I am sorry to say this, but it can possibly mean:
Aggression received. Atmosphere tense, heated, irritating, confronting. Presence of competition, energy, assertion, drive. Injuries, physical discomfort. Sexual bounty.

Mars can show you both good energy and being able to make decisions, healthy competition and sexual activity. But Mars can also show you the negatives.

However, in this case we need to look at it as an aspect, since it is in exact square (0,00°) to SR SUN. So it is not aspected by malefics in this case, but it is highly emphasized and will give you lots and lots of energy and aggression, competition mood.

Next year your Sun-Saturn natal aspect will also be emphasized in the SR as it will come close to the SR angle (MC). Sun-Saturn can be of negative nature or mean that you will say no to something offered. It may mean anxiety connected to work situation.

Another hard core symbolism next year is that SR Uranus will come to partile conjunction to your natal MC in Valencia and is close to the Madrid MC as well (not as close as in Valencia though) and this always means change. So your question about whether you might move or change jobs next year seems to have a positive answer by that Uranus showing up on natal MC. But let me note that SR Uranus is in partile square to SR Venus, so this may have a love connection. It may manifest as something connected to your love relationship and also towards your job/living situation since it is on your natal MC/IC axis.
Venus-Uranus aspect usually manifest in unique erotic experiences, particularly of the tabooed kind. Temptations, and discovering new sensuous delights. It means wanting variety, going places and doing things. It can mean popularity, excitement, and emotional thrills.

mmartinez

Hi again Alena,

Many thanks again for your clarification and also for reading my 2016 SR chart!

Some comments below ;)

When your pr. MC will hit Venus you will live a similar period as those 8 yrs ago, people will like you very much, you will have a new stage in your love life (might be a wedding) and you will have good time at work.

This souns amazing!! When is it going to happen? Will it always happen every "x" years?

With regards Mars in my solar return for 2016 and the potential agression/competition/tense atmosphere... I already have a very tense atmosphere at work and I have the feeling that it because of the competition. Do you think I can feel this already or is it a different thing?

Also, I have checked my SR in 2005 because I actually had an agression while I was staying abroad. If I am not wrong, I had Mars tightly angular in house 7 and I also checked the transit for the place where I was in July 2005 and Mars was so close to house 1!! I have attached the chart.
Is there something I can do to avoid an agression besides watching out? I mean, I have read about going somewhere else for your birthday to avoid some transits, but I guess I would have to go far away, correct?

I continue...

Attachments

• cn_2c2e01fa4ba12bb002e0333c72f88397.png
    cn_2c2e01fa4ba12bb002e0333c72f88397.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 19

mmartinez

Next year your Sun-Saturn natal aspect will also be emphasized in the SR as it will come close to the SR angle (MC). Sun-Saturn can be of negative nature or mean that you will say no to something offered. It may mean anxiety connected to work situation.

It would not surprise me if I get some anxiety at work as you mentioned or some other problems, because the job is quite stressfull and at some point I already felt this.

SR Uranus will come to partile conjunction to your natal MC (...) So your question about whether you might move or change jobs next year seems to have a positive answer by that Uranus showing up on natal MC. But let me note that SR Uranus is in partile square to SR Venus, so this may have a love connection. It may manifest as something connected to your love relationship and also towards your job/living situation since it is on your natal MC/IC axis.

Wow, I will let you know, but it sounds very likely to happen, at least the change of jobs. This is great news!

As per the Venus-Uranus aspect,mmm this sounds like interesting!! :) Hope this happens too, hehe.

Well, Alena, thanks a lot really for your help! How did you learn all of this? You are really good. If there's any good book that you can recommend, that would be great!

xoxo

mmartinez

Hi again Alena,

Where can I get a SR and birth chart that uses your western method? The websites that I'm checking show slightly different aspects and I would like to learn your method.

Also, you have read both my SR 2015 and my SR 2016 charts, would you say that my SR for 2016 is better or worse than my SR for 2015?

I think it will be in 2017 when my pr. MC will hit Venus, right? About the move/change of jobs, do you think I might move to a foreign country?

Sorry for all of my questions! :sideways:

JUPITERASC

Hi again Alena,

Where can I get a SR and birth chart that uses your western method?
The websites that I'm checking show slightly different aspects and I would like to learn your method

Also, you have read both my SR 2015 and my SR 2016 charts,
would you say that my SR for 2016 is better or worse than my SR for 2015?

I think it will be in 2017 when my pr. MC will hit Venus, right?
About the move/change of jobs, do you think I might move to a foreign country?

Sorry for all of my questions! :sideways:

mmartinez, Arena is a SIDEREAL astrologer :smile:

The following brief visually illustrated video
explains easily the differences
between TROPICAL astrology and SIDEREAL astrology
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-DYgGFjI&feature=related

There is an excellent SIDEREAL astrology forum with informative discussion and debate
concerning SIDEREAL interpretation contrasted with TROPICAL interpretation at
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=17&sid=7ee78e8b1efe876f5f272ccb4460a3c7

astro.com has an Extended Chart Selection Page
on which there is a useful alternative option to create charts using SIDEREAL

there when creating your own chart with the option SIDEREAL Lahiri
or
SIDEREAL Fagan/Bradley
it would be easily shown
the differences/contrasts between that
and TROPICAL western

KENNETH BOWSER for example
is a SIDEREAL WESTERN astrologer
http://www.westernsiderealastrology.com/

Arena

Yes, I did state that at the beginning, before I started giving her my interpretations :)

Ok, so I found out your chart, but let me tell you first that I do not use tropical astrology. I will read into your chart with western sidereal method. It uses the zodiac corrected for precession, and the solar returns are corrected for precession as well.

I do consider the sidereal prediction method way more accurate that tropical (in terms of solar return that counts for precession).

mmartinez I thank you for confirming my interpretations and thank you for the good dialogue :) I learned this from solunars.net and from some sidereal astrologer's books, such as Jim Eshelman, Cyril Fagan, Donald Bradley and Ebertin. Excellent learning material. What I learned from that in particular are these prediction methods of the solar returns, but also the importance and validity of angularity in a natal and relocated chart. Angularity is in my view the most important thing in astrology. From the time when you are born you wear a kind of "cross" in your horoscope (I am not talking religiously here) and you wear that cross your entire life. The cross (angularity) can be altered by moving to a new location, but the planetary aspects remain the same (except they change in mundo). The angularity is also a very important thing in solar returns.

About the manifestation of Mars angular, it can also be constructive. But I want to warn you as well of the aggressive element that is possible.

I see I made a mistake about that SR Mars - it is conjunct the local Vx, not the West point. In 2016, it is Saturn that will be conjunct the local west point and that can mean trouble or a very serious restrictive time in your relationship. But since your pr. MC will hit pr. Venus at the same time, it can also mean that you will confirm the relationship you are in by a formal tie, it depends on how solid your relationship is.

If you do want to avoid such a period, you can always move to a different place before your next SR takes place. But if you do want to move in the next few months, I would advice you to cast your relocation chart for that city/area and then your solar returns (count for precession) for a few years.

About that pr. MC hit to pr. Venus, it will happen around your birthday next year.

Last edited:

mmartinez

Hi there!

Thanks "Jupiterasc" for posting the link to youtube. Now I see the difference between the two prediction methods. I have to state that I was aware of Arena using this method, but I did not know how much the chart changes depending on the system used.

In fact, I went into astro.com and checked my birth chart with the sideral method and OMG, most of my signs change! I must say it feels weird, for example, I am very sensitive and cry often, people tend to tell me their problems too so I thought it was my ascendant in cancer (tropical method) but according to the sideral method I am gemini...so different! Anyway, I have a strong Neptune too so it's confusing! :andy:

What is true is that all that you said about my past, Alena, made so much sense! Thank YOU for your help and the good exchange of ideas and also thank you for taking so much time to analyse and give such precise information.

As per my SR 2016 I don't think I will move for now, but I will keep in mind all of what you said.

it is Saturn that will be conjunct the local west point and that can mean trouble or a very serious restrictive time in your relationship. But since your pr. MC will hit pr. Venus at the same time, it can also mean that you will confirm the relationship you are in by a formal tie, it depends on how solid your relationship is.

Hopefully it is the formal tie, I think I have a solid relationship and I truly hope nothing changes in a bad way.

I will check out the books that you mentioned Alena. I wish I could find a good astrology school here in Spain because this is fascinating. I love esoterism in general (I read tarot cards, I learnt numerology -btw I don't know where all of this comes from, nobody in my family likes this!) but astrology is incredibly interesting and I want to learn more.

Thanks a lot again for all of your help and see you around :smile::smile::smile:

Last edited:

Arena

I wish you well and hope that in 2016 you can benefit best possible from the planets showing up :)

I love esoterism in general (I read tarot cards, I learnt numerology -btw I don't know where all of this comes from, nobody in my family likes this!) but astrology is incredibly interesting and I want to learn more.

In sidereal system this can be explained by angular Uranus and Neptune :)

Don't worry too much about the planetary placement or the zodiac for now. I believe the planets do have their own symbolism in and of themselves as well as in aspect to each other. And that is my focus. This is what I think is most important, how they are expressed by angularity and by tight aspects within the chart. I don't bother too much with sign placement. I just know that sidereal is more accurate on prediction in solar return as it takes count of precession.