Can I do things with a 12th SUN?

yassine01

Hello all,

First off, thank you for looking at my case. My chart is displayed below.

I'm planning to do research in economics, my ambition in life is to help invent a new economic model, almost everybody knows how sick and excessive (or inapplicable for alternative ones) the current models are. The world is in need of new economic tools to survive and overcome the actual globalization. I take these things quite seriously and it is part of my future plans to engage in research after graduation.

Concerning astrological data, I've been wondering if I could achieve what is above with a 12th house SUN and MARS. Also, is there any grave danger to my health or mind indicated? I already had a brief and acute psychotic episode, the doctor told me the mental illness is over and it won't be back again. Now I have fully recovered. I'm still 20, and I thought the 12th house joys can't stop so early. Is there more to come? Does Virgo on the cusp of 12 make illness acute and passing?

Thank you greatly,

I look forward to reading your answers. :smile:

Attachments

• mychart.gif
    mychart.gif
    50.6 KB · Views: 28

retinoid

Hello according to whole house your mars is in the first house (with moon) and your Jupiter, Mercury, Sun will be felt in the 12th house. You will be able to uncover secrets and see beyond what others see. Could have psychic tendencies. However the 12th is one of those very difficult houses (along with the 8th), so yes mental issues may be abound as the 12th rules escapism, seclusion, detachment. Mars in the first isn't that great-could make you seem aggressive though since it is in Libra, the only time you are aggressive is when you see injustice and in fact you may have a high tolerance threshold. Difficulties expressing yourself come from deep emotions-probably from childhood or from a parent. Figuring out something creative to do and showing something that you will be proud of will help your projection difficulties OR a more spiritual nature (you will know which one)...having important planets in the 12th or 8th requires to have a belief system. If economics doesn't work for you, being a psychologist or something may be good for you. But yes you have the ability to find out something that others cannot see in any case :)...

yassine01

Thank you Retinoid, I really appreciate your help. However may I ask how can you choose between the Placidus and whole house system?

peace

Hi... I have a very similar chart to yours! I do placidius and have almost the same ASC with sun and mars in the 12th.

We can do anything we set our minds to, and many successful people have 12th house planets. Having sun in the 12th house has themes that include feeling lonely, feeling like you are never good enough, and feeling isolated which is usually brought about in your mind and not necessarily the case to the outside world. In fact since you have a libra ASC (like me) so many people do think your charming, don't forget it! For me I feel that I am always lacking and that I am isolated, but that is just insecurities in my mind. Relatively speaking I am actually doing very well in life.

Mars in the 12th means you feel your actions are not good enough, you may be devious, your actions from the outside appear to be for good but you may have a secret motive. Although this may seem like a detriment, it can definitely work in your favor. The actions I pursue throughout life I feel aren't good enough so I try and go above and beyond to overcompensate for what I feel I lack (in my mind). I usually do superior work relative to coworkers and often get promoted in my jobs. Make sure you have plenty of quite time for yourself, and meditate. I run as my meditation.

Don't let saturn retrograde get you down! Although it's been hard the last 3 years, it's developing a good foundation and helping you to grow and become an adult. Also, don't let your 12th house planets make you think you aren't good enough because to the outside world you are just where you need to be. Make sure you use Saturn to gain whatever skills you need until it transits out in October.

retinoid

On astro.com you choose 'extended chart selections' and will find the house system on that page. The 12th house is also a house of enlightenment. It is teaching you that the material is not all there is and dissolution of ego (you do something for the good of the world instead of applause)...

caltron

You can absolutely accomplish whatever you set out to do with a 12th house sun. I have four planets in my 12th house, including the sun, Mars, Pluto, and Mercury. Like you, I also have a Libra ascendant and I've been able to achieve a fair amount of success in my chosen field.

I totally agree with peace that a 12th house sun can lead to feelings of isolation and insecurity. I struggle with that all that time even though people find me very charming. With a 12th house mars in libra, I struggle with standing up for myself and am very slow to anger.

I love retinoid's description of the 12th house being a "House of Enlightenment". The 12th house always is described in such a negative manner. This is the first positive label I've seen applied to it and I do feel that this has more accurately describes my life so far. I mean, it is a very weighty and serious house, but that doesn't mean that it's all doom and gloom for people who have planets in it. I guess, as I've been learning, that your life really is what you make of it.

felkin

I know someone that has Sun in the 12th House. He is very determined. He is a Cancer and he waivers from time to time...I can feel it. But the Sun here "lights up" all things 12 House so I would find that you are able to see what others cannot.I agree with another that you may have some psychic tendencies or you may get a lot of insight and information through dreams.

You can do anything you like. :)