Nodal axis aspects

Tarooha

Hi everyone. I’m very curious to learn about my chart, particularly the nodes. I have NN in 8th house (Virgo) and SN in 2nd house (Pisces).

NN sextile moon and MC , SN trine moon, MC, and Chiron.
By the way, those are not the concern. The concern is I also have both NN,SN square Pluto in 10th house.!! I have read that I have not fulfilled the SN and NN if they square planets.

My interpretation based on life experience are 1. SN in 2nd house square Pluto made me feeling a painful lack of resources and powerlessness that eventually, I have become obsessed with money and how much I have. 2. NN in 8th house square Pluto made me strive for investing and money that I can gain through/with others. (even be obsessive sometimes) So, this life is not really about completely detaching from possession. Since I have to fulfill both SN and NN, but to gain through sharing resources with others, such as investment rather than gaining and holding on to the resources by myself. This is what I understand.

What are your thoughts on this? Is there anything you can add to my understanding of this configuration? I’m still new to astrology I might get it wrong :happy: Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Cary2

Banned
Lunar Node is as slow-moving as an outer planet, and Pluto is a slow-moving outer planet. Such aspects are not very relevant unless you have personal factors directly connected, because they can be found in vast numbers of people born at around the same time.

I have not found Node-in-House to be an outstanding theme. I know there are astrology books that have devoted an entire text to Node in this sign or that house, but they mislead, usually, because I think aspects and aspect combinations are a more clear interpretation of the nodal involvement. Consider how a slow-moving planet spends considerable time in a sign or house, and you can understand how such considerations are of diminished importance. In many ways, you should consider the nodes as a slow-moving planet.

Tarooha

Lunar Node is as slow-moving as an outer planet, and Pluto is a slow-moving outer planet. Such aspects are not very relevant unless you have personal factors directly connected, because they can be found in vast numbers of people born at around the same time.

I have not found Node-in-House to be an outstanding theme. I know there are astrology books that have devoted an entire text to Node in this sign or that house, but they mislead, usually, because I think aspects and aspect combinations are a more clear interpretation of the nodal involvement. Consider how a slow-moving planet spends considerable time in a sign or house, and you can understand how such considerations are of diminished importance. In many ways, you should consider the nodes as a slow-moving planet.

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I get the picture now thank you. :smile:

IleneK

Premium Member
Hello, Taroona,
Astrologer, Martin Schulman has written a seminal work on the lunar nodes. As I recall it speaks to both the nodes in the signs and in the houses. The book is entitled, Karmic Astrology, Volume 1: The Moon's Nodes and Reincarnation
It is available on Amazon and elsewhere and I think it may shed light on the very real relevance of a powerful outer planet making a challenging, hard aspect to the Moon's nodal axis.
This will afford you an opportunity to decide for yourself whether it is meaningful or not.

Wishing you the best in your quest for greater understanding.

Tarooha

Hello, Taroona,
Astrologer, Martin Schulman has written a seminal work on the lunar nodes. As I recall it speaks to both the nodes in the signs and in the houses. The book is entitled, Karmic Astrology, Volume 1: The Moon's Nodes and Reincarnation
It is available on Amazon and elsewhere and I think it may shed light on the very real relevance of a powerful outer planet making a challenging, hard aspect to the Moon's nodal axis.
This will afford you an opportunity to decide for yourself whether it is meaningful or not.

Wishing you the best in your quest for greater understanding.

Thank you. I’ll check that out. I kind of understand a little bit more now since the time I posted this thread. I’ll really look into it thoroughly from your suggestion. Thank you.:happy:

Claire19

Hi everyone. I’m very curious to learn about my chart, particularly the nodes. I have NN in 8th house (Virgo) and SN in 2nd house (Pisces).

NN sextile moon and MC , SN trine moon, MC, and Chiron.
By the way, those are not the concern. The concern is I also have both NN,SN square Pluto in 10th house.!! I have read that I have not fulfilled the SN and NN if they square planets.

My interpretation based on life experience are 1. SN in 2nd house square Pluto made me feeling a painful lack of resources and powerlessness that eventually, I have become obsessed with money and how much I have. 2. NN in 8th house square Pluto made me strive for investing and money that I can gain through/with others. (even be obsessive sometimes) So, this life is not really about completely detaching from possession. Since I have to fulfill both SN and NN, but to gain through sharing resources with others, such as investment rather than gaining and holding on to the resources by myself. This is what I understand.

What are your thoughts on this? Is there anything you can add to my understanding of this configuration? I’m still new to astrology I might get it wrong :happy: Thanks for your time.

always you need to load your natal chart so we get the overall picture. Astrodienst do anonymous ones if you prefer that.

The aspects to the nodes are less than for planets. within 3 degrees and I only use conjunctions and oppositions. Others may disagree. If uou want a good book on the Nodes Jan Spiller Spiritual Astrology is excellent.