Dupe accounts

Whoam1

I don't want to get in trouble for saying something like this but my capy butt will say it anyway. The people who get banned and come back on need to study their ****. They have patterns like serial killers that act as signatures and they try to change it but they all fail. These people are not only pesky because they di the same **** thing over again but because they are terrible at being rule breakers and criminals. If your gona be a bad guy at least be good at it.

Blaze

Account Closed
Reading over these duplicate accounts and their posts, I don't think I really want to be apart of astrology communities anymore. Man, the stuff you read.

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

Ukpoohbear

It has become pretty clear to me that periodically we have come strange things going on such as people creating duplicate accounts, signing on from different locations or IPs, and talking to themselves.

It shows me what can happen when we get too sucked into the computer and I am going to do some things outside this summer.

I think I'm taking a break for a little bit. Have a good summer.

I have doggedly and determinedly pursued and exposed this problem, but good on Dubyadude1986 for initially calling it out. Even though my manner of exposing has been criticized, since I have done so, there has been less activity.

Personally, I wouldn't have had an issue with it, had it not been for being personally affected by it, and annoyed at the person attacking the integrity of this forum.

S/he may have had ninja troll skills though, which is to be commended, but you went too far. To the person responsible, you really will have to face whatever caused this problem eventually, so joke is on you :tongue:

conspiracy theorist

What's to stop people from IP masking?

It's easy to create a duplicate account and be active on this forum, even when you don't make an attempt to alter your posting style so that it's different from your previous account. It's overkill to think in the realm of IP masking, at least for this site.

Osamenor

Staff member
What's to stop people from IP masking?

Nothing. Some people do it, and we don't know which IP's are masked. But IP matches are not our only tool for identifying duplicate accounts. And they shouldn't be, because an IP match alone is far from proof of a duplicate account. Multiple people can and often do have the same IP for perfectly innocent reasons. If you use wi fi, the IP will match any other device on that same wi fi. If a few of our members live in the same city and use public wi fi, or even travel through the same airport and use the wi fi while there, they'll have IP matches with each other. They might not even know each other, but still turn up on the same IP.

However, if we have other reasons to suspect a duplicate account, an IP match is one piece of evidence that helps confirm our suspicion. All by itself, the IP match would tell us nothing, but taken together with other evidence, it might be the nail in the coffin.

Ukpoohbear

It’s such a weird thing to do isn’t it, create tons of accounts and talk to yourself through them. There’s also a predatory element to it if you can list a number of girls who have been affected by being catfished. I say predatory because it crosses a boundary which should be respected.

Osamenor

Staff member
It’s such a weird thing to do isn’t it, create tons of accounts and talk to yourself through them. There’s also a predatory element to it if you can list a number of girls who have been affected by being catfished. I say predatory because it crosses a boundary which should be respected.

This brings to mind a Harry Potter quote:

"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain."

Witchyone

It's easy to create a duplicate account and be active on this forum, even when you don't make an attempt to alter your posting style so that it's different from your previous account. It's overkill to think in the realm of IP masking, at least for this site.

Probably, but I don't put anything past people anymore. :bandit:

AppLeo

people who make fake accounts are losers with no lives, so whatever they think they're so cool when they're really not

JUPITERASC

... Do yall really have time for this..??

Here ill let ya in on the secret. Save you some brain power. CoV is the love child of zarathu and jupasc.
Zarathu quit the forum, but I wonder if he could be in here somewhere
now that you mention it
Lol. Hes somewhere lurkin, luring unsuspecting members
down the rabbit hole, gotta meet the queen, gotta meet the queen
Y'all all a figment of JupAsc imagination.
abbe130d331c8f5cb1be3a871a89eda5.jpg