Planetary hours and Math performance.

athenian200

I've been having to do a lot of studying to keep up in my College Algebra class, and I've actually been spending entire days doing Math problems in practice.

Interestingly, the MyMathLab program keeps track of exactly when I did each assignment, how long the problems took me, and how many times I got an incorrect answer before answering correctly.

I was bored recently, and decided to compare this data against a table of planetary hours to see if there was any connection. I actually did notice a few. Note that these seemed to have the most influence when dealing with unfamiliar material.

The most prominent one was related to hours of Mercury and Mars. During those times, it seems like I understood new concepts very quickly, and answered questions about 2-3 times faster than normal.

Saturn hours seemed to cause me to answer questions more slowly (about half of my normal speed), but the answers I came up with were always correct.

Moon and Venus hours seemed to reflect my "average" performance and didn't modify anything. Venus hours tended to present more graphing problems than usual, and Moon hours tended to present very familiar concepts with only one new twist, but that's all I noted there.

My performance during Sun hours tended to be erratic. I would do very well during these hours if the teacher claimed the concept was easy, or if I knew I was good at solving this type of problem. However, I performed badly if the teacher hinted that it was tough or I had doubts about my ability.

Jupiter hours were, surprisingly, the worst. I got more problems wrong during Jupiter hours than any other hour, and it always seemed like the examples were more confusing or missing steps. There was also a tendency for word problems with unfamiliar contexts to appear (like football or basketball problems), and I would be expected to construct my own equation out of nothing. One of the worst ones involved getting a problem wrong because I didn't know that a football field was 100 yards long, or that the yard lines start counting down after the 50 yard line.

Anyway, I don't know if these results make any sense, but that was what I observed after comparing my Math performance with planetary hours. Hopefully my experience is interesting to someone.

It actually wasn't in-line with my expectations at all. I wouldn't have expected Mars to be a positive influence in solving Math problems, or Jupiter to be a hindrance. That's definitely not something I've read in many books.

The Ram

There are astrologers out there who assign math to mars, though most assign it to mercury.I personally assign math to both planets. Im a mars person, though i have a strong mecury as well and ive akways beenquite good at math.

Mars already has an association with the sciences, so mathematics makes sense as well, most mars people are mathematical in their thinking. Jupiter hours being bad doesnt surprise me either, in math details are important, if you get one small thing wrong it will mess up your whole equation and jupiter has never been big on details.

Your results dont surprise me, but I think its awesome that you documented this. Really cool idea.

The Ram

Well actually the fact venus hours were actually still productive and not below average did surprise me