Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Dirius

There are people who got wealthy by providing services, for sure, but the way wealth is maintained in this country is about legal regimes, not about economic systems. Once people get to a certain level of wealth different industries kick in, these are the white collar jobs that are aimed at protecting the wealth of the uber wealthy by hiding it, stifling competition, and so forth. Entrepreneurs in this country can’t even file their own taxes, it’s too complicated, thanks to that layer of “good jobs” holders serving the extremely rich (including enormous corporations and the infrastructure for the modern “economy” which is really a legalistic construction).

I don't disagree with your statement, but the reason why that "system" exists in the U.S. is because you have allowed politicians to wield too much power over your lives.

Politicians for example, are the ones who decide who is allowed to work, and who is not allowed, during this pandemic. Why?

A lot of people in multiple countries went broke - lost their livelyhood, because of the lockdowns. All because some bureaucrat determined their work was "not essential".

Dirius

Most people do not have an appetite for politics and the work of organizing a society made incredibly complex by history has to be done. It is a bit unfortunate.

That isn't the case. People could choose (through their vote) candidates which are respectful of citizens's rights to manage your republic.

To me it seems like most people live in an eternal contradiction. They complain about a system which restricts their freedom and their livelyhood, but most of them keep voting for the very people who cause these problems in the first place.

(not saying you do, just saying in general)*

Last edited:

Dirius

It seems to me we are far beyond the ability of citizens to successfully choose a particular regime, due to the connection of media and technology with government. There is no subtle deliberation now that things have been turned into a circus of first ratings, then likes. Trump exemplified the contradiction. Talked like a reactionary revolutionary, but businesses totally dependent on the continued smooth functioning of the deep state.

It is kind of imposible to accomplish much, when the other half of your country's population keeps putting obstacles for change, and supporting the established system.

How many people in this forum alone still preach about "russia collusion" 4 years later, even though there is absolutely no evidence for it? As I said earlier, the problem is most people live under a contradiction, complaining about a system, but still supporting the people responsible for its existance.

david starling

It is kind of imposible to accomplish much, when the other half of your country's population keeps putting obstacles for change, and supporting the established system.

How many people in this forum alone still preach about "russia collusion" 4 years later, even though there is absolutely no evidence for it? As I said earlier, the problem is most people live under a contradiction, complaining about a system, but still supporting the people responsible for its existance.

Strawman comment, Dirius. The Mueller report neither proved nor disproved "collusion" by the Trump campaign.

HOWEVER, the 2016 illegal foreign interference itself WAS verified, and DID effect the outcome of a very close Election. Subpoenas were issued, but the culprits fled back to Russia. Zuckerberg was nearly prosecuted for allowing them to use Facebook, but got off on a technicality.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

About a quarter of Jamaicans have Irish ancestry, some were plantation owners while others were not. Patois is heavily influenced by Irish speech patterns.

I'm wagering this is supposed to be damning in the political colours game being played in the US?

leomoon

Federal income taxes are going up every year for the next 4 years thanks to trump's much touted "Tax overhaul & cuts". Actually what he didn't tell everyone from the loudspeakers is the main of the 2 Trillion in Tax cuts Dec.2017, was for the very wealthy such as himself, and very little for the average jane & joe. Not only that, but the tax cuts for the wealthy are forever (as in no expiration date) whereas the ones given the rest of the people (other then wealthy), expires this year.

https://popculture.com/trending/news/taxes-going-up-in-2021-due-to-gop-passed-bill/

The Republicans who helped him pass this knew that to make the tax cuts disappear for everyone but the rich, would then come back on Biden instead of its rightful owner Trump.

I recall in 2017 when he said out loud, he told his friends "you are a LOT richer today, thanks to me".... yet his 70 million followers said nothing about this scam.

"You all just got a lot richer," Trump tells friends, referencing tax overhaul"

President Trump kicked off his holiday weekend at Mar-a-Lago Friday night at a dinner where he told friends, "You all just got a lot richer," referencing the sweeping tax overhaul he signed into law hours earlier. Mr. Trump directed those comments to friends dining nearby at the exclusive club -- including to two friends at a table near the president's
"You all just got a lot richer," Trump tells friends, referencing tax overhaul

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-mar-a-lago-christmas-trip/

The Times found that the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act will cause "automatic, stepped tax increases every two years" beginning in 2021. By 2027, these tax increases will impact nearly all Americans — except for the extremely wealthy. That's because the tax policies built into the bill target those with an income of $75,000 per year or less, about 65 percent of American taxpayers.

Will President Biden try & reverse this injustice?
These increases on taxes for low-income Americans may have been put in place to try to make up for the massive tax breaks given to the extremely wealthy and corporations during the Trump administration. Stiglitz speculates that this created a budget deficit, explaining Republicans' hesitation to pass another massive stimulus check bill in 2020.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

In my natal chart, the sidereal ASC is 22' Gemini (in tropical, 17' Cancer) and my true node is 2'-3' Leo vs 29' Leo in tropical. They are malefic degrees about death, disease, impairment and inability/disability. This is a concern when the ongoing covid pandemic and my recent experience here in southern CA with the biggest spike to date in the US, now the number of daily cases are in a decline.

In astrology, I've learned about intercepted signs and noviles (40 degree apart aspects) based on this recent post. Noviles are often the aspect of pregnancy in natal charts, and every 40 degrees in a 360 degree circle is called a "nonagon". And an intercepted sign happens when in a house the majority of the house is a different sign than the first degree of it (i.e 17' 33" Cancer-27' Leo in my first).

david starling

Sagittarians tend to believe that the grass is greener on the other side

My brother I spoke of, who died nearly a year ago, was Sagittarius Sun and Asc, with a Virgo Moon.

He smoked the strongest bud he could find, from the time he was 14. He said it didn't "space him out", it focused him.

The grass was greener on the other side for him, which turned out to be in Bali.
And living there, he didn't feel the need to smoke the herb at all!

Last edited:

Bunraku

My brother I spoke of, who died nearly a year ago, was Sagittarius Sun and Asc, with a Virgo Moon.

He smoked the strongest bud he could find, from the time he was 14. He said it didn't "space him out", it focused him.

The grass was greener on the other side for him, which turned out to be in Bali.
And living there, he didn't feel the need to smoke the herb at all!

Does everyone do druggs in your famil"y?