New Moon in Scorpio (today)

suimui10

Or yesterday depending on your timezone.
How is it treating you?
It's on my 9th house and conj my N Venus, opposite my Moon and squaring my Mars in my ASC. Not sure it's any good for me given the above.
Any takers?

twoelevens

fellow aquarius asc!
ofcourse mine is also transiting my 9th house (higher studies) conjuncting my sun! i've been a bit restless but i can't help but keep on studying astrology! with moon conjunct my n sun in scorpio, i'm digging very deep to trying to understand myself better!

Last edited:

Inside Out Orange

If I'm not mistaken the new moon occurred at 13Sco40, the current Venus retrograde that is taking place stationed on Oct 8th at 13Sco14 (also the time of the Libra new moon). I feel like that ought to be significant in some way and perhaps it is for people with planets or angles at that point.

Chiron which has been retrograde since June 4th moved to direct motion, 24 hours earlier and now heads off towards Pisces. Neptune which has been retrograde since June 1st moved to direction motion within 12 hours of the new moon and now heads off to have another look at its given home of Pisces for the first time since the 1850s; although it will take one more trip back in to Aquarius during 2011-12.

These two planets have been closely aligned during 2009-10 which, if you understand the science behind direct/retrograde motion, explains why their changes in direction have been so in sync.

What any of that means in the bigger picture I'm not really sure other than it's an indication of new beginnings and the sooner 2011 arrives and Neptune/Chiron get out of my hair, the better chance I have of life going forwards.

Personally, new moon in 7th house of Scorpio, along with the presence of Rx Venus and Mercury, along with mars just having departed should have put a focus on 1-2-1 relationships. Haven't seen any particular benefit ... think Neptune/Chiron have been dominating matters along with Saturn conjunct Uranus. I too have the new moon square mars (in Aquarius).

Last edited:

suimui10

I'm in a similar boat with Neptune but I'm not holding my breath for quick changes there...
I'm not sure if we give this New Moon deal a lot more significance than it bears.
I do feel the energy -esp. the square with my Mars- but nothing happens in the house where it conjuncts my Venus. Oh well.
I have yet to figure out what all this "transiting" activity in my 9th means (T Venus rx there, Sun, moon, etc. all there). It's like rehashing old issues. For me, I never had a doubt that I'm supposed to be abroad and indeed I spent quite a long time living working studying abroad. Now what. I have no clue how all this activity affects me beyond stating the obvious. I want to leave again and I was hoping this activity in my 9th might help but there have been next to zero opportunities for that.

suimui10

fellow aquarius asc!
ofcourse mine is also transiting my 9th house (higher studies) conjuncting my sun! i've been a bit restless but i can't help but keep on studying astrology! with moon conjunct my n sun in scorpio, i'm digging very deep to trying to understand myself better!

Hi two :D

Good luck on your astro and other studies!

Sui

Spicadilly

Suimi, the activity is your 9th doesn't have to be physical travel or just that, the 9th is also about our life philosophies so maybe you are called to review that and act on it when Venus goes direct.

The NM was on my AC trining DC ruler and square Mercury h9. I spent yesterday shopping with a close g/f and gave her a make over in the process, we had most fun. Tonitgh am dining with a couple I haven't seen in a few years and so looking forward to their company, we chat endlessly about nothing and everything but it is always enlightning.

I think Pluto is now exact on the NN, mmm.

suimui10

Hi Spica :)

Suimi, the activity is your 9th doesn't have to be physical travel or just that, the 9th is also about our life philosophies so maybe you are called to review that and act on it when Venus goes direct.

Thanks but that's still vague to me. How does one "act" on "life philosophies"??

Spicadilly

Hi Suimi, I shared an example with my life above about chatting with my friends, NM square Mercury h9...By changing the way you think about life in general, reading books should help you as well as interacting with people of different cultures which you do here for instance. Here are some examples:

http://www.astrologyzine.com/what-is-house-9.shtml

NINTH HOUSE: how you seek the meaning & purpose of Life through: philosophy, religion, higher learning, spirituality, mysticism, inner vision, journeys of the mind, psychic attunement, taking the long view, seeing history and the present from a higher perspective, a sense of humour, observing and connecting widely-divergent ideas and opinions;
how you learn about life and its diversity through: study of foreign ideas or foreign cultures or religions, travelling to foreign lands, encounters with foreign people and their differring viewpoints, tolerance of foreign races, cultures, religions, or traditions.

suimui10

Spica,

You probably didn't understand my posts. I am the personification of the 9th house person and lifestyle. I.e. I don't need to read a book about other cultures; I spent 20+yrs of my life living, working, studying other cultures and religions. LOL!
For someone like me, this New Moon is no news at all. That's what I was saying. :)

Sui

Hi Suimi, I shared an example with my life above about chatting with my friends, NM square Mercury h9...By changing the way you think about life in general, reading books should help you as well as interacting with people of different cultures which you do here for instance. Here are some examples:

http://www.astrologyzine.com/what-is-house-9.shtml

NINTH HOUSE: how you seek the meaning & purpose of Life through: philosophy, religion, higher learning, spirituality, mysticism, inner vision, journeys of the mind, psychic attunement, taking the long view, seeing history and the present from a higher perspective, a sense of humour, observing and connecting widely-divergent ideas and opinions;
how you learn about life and its diversity through: study of foreign ideas or foreign cultures or religions, travelling to foreign lands, encounters with foreign people and their differring viewpoints, tolerance of foreign races, cultures, religions, or traditions.

Arijana

Or yesterday depending on your timezone.
How is it treating you?
It's on my 9th house and conj my N Venus, opposite my Moon and squaring my Mars in my ASC. Not sure it's any good for me given the above.
Any takers?

it's in my 1st house....liked it better when Venus in scorpio was in my 1st house

Inside Out Orange

Given this is occurring in my 7th house, it's actually been quite an interesting week for me on the dating front, 1-2-1 relationships and all that. Venus has tracked back over my descendent during that time and sadly hasn't brought any of the closeness that I've come to realise I'm currently craving.

The experiences I've had this week and particularly the last 3 days have clarified what I need to be doing, and where perhaps I'm going wrong. I guess the new moon has helped bring this stuff to the fore and given me new beginnings to start building from.

The frustration is that it always feels like I'm learning my lines for the performance but not even getting to say them in rehearsals let alone get up on the stage to perform.

Last edited:

Betty F

If I'm not mistaken the new moon occurred at 13Sco40, the current Venus retrograde that is taking place stationed on Oct 8th at 13Sco14 (also the time of the Libra new moon). I feel like that ought to be significant in some way and perhaps it is for people with planets or angles at that point.

Like IOO says, it probably has a more significant effect on people with planets at that point. Also, houses can make a difference. They change according to your time zone. This New Moon is in the 6th house EDT and the 4th PDT. Is the New Moon bringing out 6th house issues in your 9th house, 4th house issues in your 7th?

Pluto, who rules the New Moon is really weakly aspected until the waning sextile. Not a lot of support for new beginnings.

Here's the Time-line chart for this Lunar cycle. More charts can be seen at http://www.artistryquilts.com/aa_lun.html

Attachments

• Lun_Nov_10.jpg
    Lun_Nov_10.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Caro

my ascendant is 8 degrees scorpio - nothing of substance to report. This is also trine my natal venus in pisces.
did have an amazing deep meditation experience though on Friday, so maybe somthing will come up from that

Betty F

my ascendant is 8 degrees scorpio - nothing of substance to report. This is also trine my natal venus in pisces.
did have an amazing deep meditation experience though on Friday, so maybe somthing will come up from that

It gave me a new meditation experience too. On Monday I ran into a site promoting a world-wide meditation on the 11th. "11 minutes for 11 days starting 11/11". It lasts through the full Moon. Amazing visualizations. Check it out. http://www.newrealitytransmission.com/ Select the "Learn More" button.

Caro

Betty F thank you for the site details I will check that out and interesting about your meditation too. Wow
my meditation was about the root chakra and was very deep(Scorpio) and also about the emotions (moon)

Betty F

It's like this New Moon is my 4th house is showing me a way to project into my 10th.

Did you ever find yourself hating someone's hatefulness and the pain it causes? It's such a downward cycle, Pluto at it's worse. Mostly related to My daughter's custody battle with her ex, but I had also found some great targets in bullies and terrorists of any kind.

So, I've been meditating for months on clearing my own spirit, trying to choose perceptions and responses that serve a higher vibration, seeking peace, harmony, and healing. It's been an incredible transformation, brings so much clarity and makes me feel so much better about what's inside me... but it always seems so passive.

The link I gave has some great animated visualizations of building and projecting spiritual energy and is a good guided meditation for peace and healing on a world-wide level. (although the music is a bit overwhelming). I went through it twice and recreated it in my own mind several times that day.

Next day my daughter and I both woke up knowing what to do to initiate action to create a resolution that could satisfy all parties involved. And we did it.

It felt like the projected energy left a clear path in it's wake to take us from point A to point B. No hatred, no confusion, no unanswered questions, no obstacles and lots of help where needed. There was even new information dropped in her lap that supported her position and clarified the next step.

This energy projection was just what I needed at that moment.

Last edited:

Caro

Betty F - do you have your chart posted?
my natal moon is in 4th and natal pluto conj uranus is in 10th!
I know what you mean about meditating on releasing stuff. you can only heal yourself and with that it can have a knock on effect. Im glad you have been able to clear something for your daugter.
I have some family issues that are so draining - what to do - Im aware that they are lessons I have to learn but when you see a child getting caught up in it - its really tough.
Ive certainly had a better week this week and planned a short trip away in the new year(havent had a holiday in 18 months!) which has all fallen into place nicely.
Im also trying to sort out how and when I will see my family over the festive season.
Scorpio in first house - It does relate to my outside persona - I think has let me take down some barriers around myself.

for me meditation does not seem passive - my imagination comes alive and its like a story book - never done drugs but I guess - its like high or something.
the key is to keep grounded though otherwise you come a unstuck (much ilke with drugs and alcohol I guess you can loose yourself here)
however I really only do this when i go to a class...............

will look at site at weekend.

Last edited:

carol gibson

Hi Caro

I meditated at 11:11 today for twenty minutes and visualized deep blue interlaced with fractiles. I was near a pond, and about nine turtles popped their heads up. My headache went away, and I was able to get back on line after windows had some kind of problem when I came back

I would like to say thank you to Betty F for announcing the 11-11-10 meditation. I believe it can work.

Last edited: