Transiting Pluto conjunct Neptune

R4VEN

Modcleopatra said:
Hello Friends,

I'm looking for information regarding pluto in capricorn and its transit in my chart to neptune. Capricorn, pluto and neptune are all huge planets in my chart. So far it's been pretty negative minus the fact that it thus far has helped me end compulsive behavior.

Please, any wise words?
Well, well, well. Another Pluto conj Neptune transit - lots of it happening. I'd say an ending of compulsive behaviour is a huge step. I hope you gave Pluto a thank-you nod for that.

Looking at your chart, you not only have to contend with Pluto conj Neptune stirring up all your escapist, addictive and compulsive behaviour, but Pluto is moving in on your ascendant also. Big changes afoot. Feeling this transit as negative is pretty common, since no-one actually likes giving up their dreams, fantasies and addictions!! Be prepared for a reality check, since that's what Pluto does. Also be prepared for some deeper psychological changes during the next few years, since Pluto nearing your ASC will change you from the inside out. You may think you know where your life is going, but perhaps Pluto will force you (and I mean force) to plumb the depths of your being for the `real' you within.

The best words I can offer are `don't even think about resisting Pluto'. :eek: The changes it inevitably brings are worth it in the long-run, and when you have some perspective on this time in your life you will see this also.

hana

I have the same transit. Neptune conjunct ascendant in Capricorn and it feels like a punch from reality. Can it be that Pluto's influence is dominating over my natal Neptune? To me it seems like I'd rather be in a dream world than to cope with the reality that seems harsh to me lately.

FleetingDasein

Modcleopatra said:
Hello Friends,

I'm looking for information regarding pluto in capricorn and its transit in my chart to neptune. Capricorn, pluto and neptune are all huge planets in my chart. So far it's been pretty negative minus the fact that it thus far has helped me end compulsive behavior.

Please, any wise words?

I also have transiting Pluto conjunct natal Neptune in Capricorn. I believe this aspect lasts about 3 years and it happens during the mid twenties. The transit is all about transformation. It has a lot to do with deciding what really matters in your life and getting rid of what doesn't make the cut.

Robert Hand writes:
Many elements of your life-- relationships, job situations, places-- may pass away now, but this is only a reflection of the profound changes taking place within you. After this transit is over you may find it hard to recognize the person you were before....

I've been drifting through life ever since this transit started. I guess I'll have to quote the Sex Pistols' when they said "I don't know what I want but I know how to get it". I've been working towards my future because life does go on. I'm definitely not passionate about it, but I will eventually end up getting what I want, I hope. Pluto conjunction Neptune is happening in my 10th house. Neptune is conjunct to the MC.

There are good things about it, though. I've started getting back into astrology. This is the most I've spent studying it all of my life, since it always have been an on and off study.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned
R4VEN said:
Big changes afoot. Feeling this transit as negative is pretty common, since no-one actually likes giving up their dreams, fantasies and addictions!! Be prepared for a reality check, since that's what Pluto does.......The best words I can offer are `don't even think about resisting Pluto'. :eek: The changes it inevitably brings are worth it in the long-run, and when you have some perspective on this time in your life you will see this also.

Hi Mod,

Good to see you "treading the forum boards" again.

Firstly, R4VEN's words above ring very true to me..........Pluto crossed my natal Neptune (in 1st house) from September 1977 to September 1978.....during which I was trapped in a job I desperately wanted to leave, but couldn't due (with hindsight) to unrealistic expectations......Eventually, I stepped sideways into a different (but related) line of work - where my career "took off", enabling me to go back into the former career later at a much higher level than others of my age.

In relation to your own chart though, we need to look at progressions as well as transits.......since significant events rarely occur unless "promised" in all three of the natal/progressed/transit charts (and usually the Solar Return). So, it's not surprising that your progressed Moon is conjunct natal Pluto and Progressed Venus is square Natal Neptuine..........Triggering your 4 planet natal configuration of Pluto/Neptune/Saturn/Mercury......And indicating the likely event (if we can decipher it).

Edited - The following comments have been added :-

Now, looking closer at what might be going on :-

The solar charts for age 22+23 do provide useful background information (so you might want to look closely at these using Starlik's article on the Education Board)..........At 22, Asc is Gemini and MC is Aquarius; SR Moon and NN are exactly conjunct on MC; SR Chiron and Neptune are in Aquarius/10th (natal 2nd); SR Mars conjoins natal Venus - SR Jupiter conjoins natal Mars - SR Uranus conjoins natal Jupiter; the natal 4/10 axis conjoins the SR 12/6 axis and natal Chiron is in SR 1st house close (and applying) to Asc.........Then at 23, Asc is Leo and MC is Taurus; SR Chiron/Neptune/Jupiter are exactly conjunct in Aquarius/6th on Dsc.......So, I'm guessing the Pluto transit of Neptune will focus upon 10th house matters (and possibly relationships) and highlighting your "chiron wound".......but, the outcome appears to be an increase in personal power (Leo Asc) and material worth (Taurus MC), before the focus switches more towards relationships (Chiron/Neptune/Jupiter on Dsc).

I'd also expect the natal configuration currently being triggered to also be about 10th house matters, as Pluto on MC is the "key player" here....with it's square to Mercury in Leo/7th pointing to "power issues" in relationships; the sextile to Neptune (qcx Mercury) introducing confusion/potential self-deception and Saturn adding the ability to learn/overcome problems through groups (such as this forum). So, expect the Pluto transit to make you more aware of "power plays" in your career relationships.

Watch out for the Chiron wound though........In Gemini/6th, it's about feeling "inadequate" when communicating (particularly at work) and, in Aquarius/10th, it points to those feelings causing problems in group situations.......So, I think this might be the area where you need to "review your expectations".......make sure that you are "adequately equipped to do what you aim to do".

EJ:)

Last edited:

hermetic

I had this transit several years back, after graduating.

WHole my life I figured my choice in profession was the one and only for me.
Well, this transit turned it all upside down.
Doesn't help my profession is very much ruled by Neptune - arts, and with Pluto over it, I seem to have lost all illusions about art and it's significance in present day.

something like...
FleetingDasein said:
I've been drifting through life ever since this transit started. I guess I'll have to quote the Sex Pistols' when they said "I don't know what I want but I know how to get it". I've been working towards my future because life does go on. I'm definitely not passionate about it, but I will eventually end up getting what I want, I hope.

I seriously don't know how to deal with this, even if transit is over.
It left me with a degree in something I no longer see point in doing :(
I actually thought about making a thread of my own about this recently, and now I find this.

For me this happened in 6th house, and over 3.5 years I am unemployed.

FleetingDasein

Hermetic

Doesn't help my profession is very much ruled by Neptune - arts, and with Pluto over it, I seem to have lost all illusions about art and it's significance in present day.

Same here.

My profession deals with the arts too. I have Neptune in the 10th conjunct the MC.

I actually thought about making a thread of my own about this recently, and now I find this.

Hang in there. Art is still revelant in this day and age, but it's hard since pretty much everything has been done before. You could complement it with something more practical, but I know the practical world is no enviornment for an artist. You should definitely start that thread. There must be more to this than just Pluto conjunct Neptune.

piercethevale

Greetings. I have natal Neptune in the 22nd degree of Libra in my 11th house [Placidus]. In 1980 when Pluto conjuncted this degree I found my self with reevaluating and revisioning my relatioships with my friends...[I didn't get 'into' astrology until 1984].
I find it also of fascination that transiting Uranus is conjuncting your Natal Jupiter at this time...not having had that experience in my lifetime, yet, I am interested in the singular and combined effect of these two transits.

R4VEN

EJ53 said:
..So, I'm guessing the Pluto transit of Neptune will focus upon 10th house matters (and possibly relationships) and highlighting your "chiron wound"..

So, expect the Pluto transit to make you more aware of "power plays" in your career relationships.

Watch out for the Chiron wound though........In Gemini/6th, it's about feeling "inadequate" when communicating (particularly at work) and, in Aquarius/10th, it points to those feelings causing problems in group situations.......So, I think this might be the area where you need to "review your expectations".......make sure that you are "adequately equipped to do what you aim to do".

I've quoted bits from EJ53's post since this was the direction I'm now taking with your chart, mod.

I know a number of young people in 20's and early 30's who have Pluto squ Sun natally, and the ambition of these people - like, `I know what I want and I'm gonna make it happen' - gets a real knock with any Pluto transit, particularly the Pluto conj Neptune. It's the combination of energies which most creates a sense of weakness which is so difficult to deal with, given that powerful square in the natal chart. This transit is not necessarily meant to take the rug from beneath you, but to dissolve any rugs which are illusionary in nature, or have worn and are threadbare. (Pardon me - I can't resist a metaphor!)

Having said that, you have Chiron in 6th in Gemini squaring Jupiter in Pisces in 2nd. This is a fortunate placement, indicating something of value you have come here to do. Chances are you have little idea what this is yet, but the buildup of Aquarian transiting planets around your 2nd house cusp is slowly turning you in other directions. I'm just throwing something in the air at the moment, but with Chiron in Gemini, your formal education may not be of much long-term value to you. Your life direction is likely to be heavily influenced by Aquarian energy and values. With Uranus in the 12th your deepest values would be humanitarian in nature, and it may be within this field that your life will eventually `flow' for you.. The `getting there' is a process which in itself may be very valuable.

piercethevale

Gogolesque said:
i've started having prophetic dreams during this transit

Interesting comment Gogolesque. As almost everyone of us here at this forum [and the majority of most everyone presently alive] were born with Neptune sextile Pluto I wonder if this is not the general condition humanity has been experiencing for the last 60 or so years.
I believe all of us are aware that this aspect of sextile between Neptune and Pluto has been in play since the 1940s.
Personally, I did some dream divination, by choice, when transiting Uranus conjuncted my natal Pluto around 1961...when I was only 8 years old...having read about the technique in "Fate Magazine".
As I know and have met a number of people whom have been subject to "prophetic dreams" I wonder if this is not, presently, more the 'rule' than the 'exception'.
Is it possible that present collective humanity is all subject to "dreams of prophecy" more so at this time in history than has occured in quite a few generations?
Maybe we should get a thread going on transiting Uranus conjuncting natal Pluto also and see what develops. I am interested in just what "dreams" you had and why or how they were/are "prophetic"...and or if transiting Uranus was also making aspect to your natal Pluto at the time.
Let me note here that dream divination is a technique wereas you 'program' yourself to dream about the outcome of a specific event...whereas I would define "prophetic dreams" to mean unsolicited occurences that reveal a more general outcome of ones life situation.

...great thread here...ptv

Last edited:
G

Gogolesque

I wish I could program myself to dream about the outcome of events but unfortunately I cannot ...

I used to know beforehand if someone in my family was going to die even before they started feeling unwell, I knew straight away when someone close to me was seriously injured in a car accident even though they told me about it 3 weeks later ... there were times when I had such dreams every night, these dreams would 'tell' me whether I was going to have a good day or a bad day ...it drove me nuts cozz I knew something but could not change anything ... I still have precognitive dreams but not as often as before ... but one thing is bothering me now... I had a dream about someone about 6 months ago and it felt 'very' precognitive, I could tell it, but it never came true ... I dont know what to think now ... am I starting to lose my ability to look into the future in while asleep??

natasa812

hermetic said:

YES, please start a new tread since I had a similar feeling last year. Like my goals and targets in life made no sence for me any more... And I lost my energy and optimism and I still don`t know how to explain that...
Thank you in advance

Nexus7

I had transit Pluto to natal Neptune in my mid-twenties, my natal Neptune is in Scorpio. There were some pretty heavy-duty betrayals of dreams and ideals actually. I did see that whilst many of the people I encountered in various settings at the time had dreams for a better world, I came across a great deal of power struggles among different members, exploitation of weaknesses, on one occasion, even violence, where I saw someone being beaten up at a camp where light and love supposedly ruled.

It certainly cured me of any hippy notions, for good, is all I can say to that period of my life now.

Pluto transits in general do seem to have the effect of getting you to wise up, though obviously a lot may depend on how receptive you are to energies of both Neptune and Pluto as the case may be.

piercethevale

hermetic said:
I had this transit several years back, after graduating.

WHole my life I figured my choice in profession was the one and only for me.
Well, this transit turned it all upside down.

something like...

For me this happened in 6th house, and over 3.5 years I am unemployed.

Interesting Hermetic. I was pursuing a career in 'Art' for many a year and still had some dreams [specifically, un-realistic dreams] of being a 'Painter' and making a living at it up to around the time of Pluto conj. my natal Neptune...
Interesting also in that your natal Saturn is exactly conj. my own...although I have a natal Neptune-Saturn conj...you on the other hand have a Saturn-Neptune sextile.
There are some curious connections between out natal carts...I've never studied the charts of Artists outright...[or wannnabe artists either for that matter]...maybe you should start a thread as you say you'd like to.

I want to thank everyone for responding.

The strange thing is that during this transit, some of my dreams have been coming true. I have been fighting OCD for awhile, and to rid myself of it seemed to certainly be a dream. Secondly, I have always wanted to develop any mediumistic talents or healing talents during this time period. The only dream that could not come true was the daunting realization that while I could heal others, I struggle with myself and with my sister.

I'm curious to know, if anything, the POSITIVES about pluto conjunct neptune, especially because both are so strong in my chart. I finally feel capable of being alone, which has aided me in my lesson from my north node. Is the harsh dose of reality pluto offers always negative? My life has been a struggle up until now where I am finally starting to feel some resolve and the dots finally connecting.

But, it did kill some of my dreams. I ask this question with a flicker of neptunian hope... should I give up on my creative endeavors?

Thanks again to all! So helpful.

Mod!

Nexus7

But, it did kill some of my dreams. I ask this question with a flicker of neptunian hope... should I give up on my creative endeavors?

Long term, no. You will get dreams and visions again, but maybe more in tune with your generation. I know the outer planets are not supposed to be 'personal' but something that has just occurred to me is that sometimes we may base our visions from those which inspired earlier generations. I found that Nepune in Scorpio most definiely isn't Neptune in Libra. More punk than hippy anyway, by a long way. I would imagine that Neptune in Capricorn will inevitably experience some disillusionment along the way, but will never give up doing the impossible of trying to reconcile limited forms and media with a more transcendant vision. Bringing heaven to earth. But in the end, it's your Neptune and has to be your interpretaion.

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned
Mod said:
.....should I give up on my creative endeavors?

No........Study your Solar Return at age 23 before making any decisions.........Ruler of 5th (Jupiter) in Aquarius/6th and conjunct Neptune/Chiron/Dsc......Pluto in Capricorn/5th.......Leo Asc, ruled by Sun in Cancer/11th.....(using traditional rulers), Moon in Cancer/11th is the final dispositor of all other planets.......and rules the 12th house of dreams, where Mercury in Leo exactly conjoins the part of fortune.

As Nexus says though, the creative dream may change as a result of what is happening now.

Last edited:

hermetic

piercethevale said:
Interesting Hermetic. I was pursuing a career in 'Art' for many a year and still had some dreams [specifically, un-realistic dreams] of being a 'Painter' and making a living at it up to around the time of Pluto conj. my natal Neptune...
Interesting also in that your natal Saturn is exactly conj. my own...although I have a natal Neptune-Saturn conj...you on the other hand have a Saturn-Neptune sextile.
There are some curious connections between out natal carts...I've never studied the charts of Artists outright...[or wannnabe artists either for that matter]...maybe you should start a thread as you say you'd like to.

I did read a positive Saturn-Neptune aspect is responsible for making an artist. Neptune for dreams, vision and inspiration with Saturn to give it form. Funny, in my works I always go back and forth between paintings with strong clear-cut(Saturn) forms and floaty nebulas(Neptune)
I did make a thread http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14730

I am inclined to say no, although these kind of transits, when they pass, leave you a changed person. Murdered dreams are difficult to ressurect. But - if you do have creative spirits within you, work with them.

MTTY05

Pluto is conjunct my natal Neptune currently. Right before Pluto enetered Cappy some changes began happening in my life.

In October 2008 I stopped using drugs because I suddenly realized that being high all the time was really holding me back. August 2005-October 2008... that's how long I wasted my life chasing highs, and I steadily got worse until October 2008. Anything I could get my hands on, really. It was so sad. I was never laid out in an alley with a needle stuck in my arm, but still, I was pretty pathetic at the time.

My natal Neptune is in the 12th house (secret enemies), and I think drugs was my secret enemy, so to speak. Doing that stuff was so detremental, but for 3 years I didn't realize it.

I abruptly quit my job in mid-October '08 (Pluto conjunct Midheaven) also because of impulsive reasons. I have a new job that doesn't pay as well, but at least I'm not spending on my money on drugs, so my disposable income is actually about the same.

Around the same time I had a profound mental transformation. I see myself now with a clearer vision than I did pre-October '08. I even changed my appearance, and now look quite different than from how I did pre Oct. '08 because I don't even want to look like that person I used to be.