GeminiSun

editediteditedit

Attachments

• astrology.png
    astrology.png
    124.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

david starling

Mars in Leo can have that effect. It's also your most elevated Planet, and on your M.C., which is about how you present yourself socially. You have the ability to recover from set-backs.

mahaira

Mars in Leo can have that effect. It's also your most elevated Planet, and on your M.C., which is about how you present yourself socially. You have the ability to recover from set-backs.

I'd like to add that with Pluto in the first house one tends to be obsessive, so be careful in general when something/someone attracts your attention.

The Pluto is also forming the square with your Mars in Leo. So there you go...

GeminiSun

Oh wow, I am really starting to confuse the Ascendant and the MC's interpretations. :lol:

And thank you for the input. x

GeminiSun

I'd like to add that with Pluto in the first house one tends to be obsessive, so be careful in general when something/someone attracts your attention.

The Pluto is also forming the square with your Mars in Leo. So there you go...
So because of the square between Pluto and my Mars in Leo they aren't working well in a healthy way, huh?

Makes sense.

When I want something really bad, I will not stop until I get it. Even if the process is bad on my emotional/mental health. I overpush myself like crazy.

david starling

Oh wow, I am really starting to confuse the Ascendant and the MC's interpretations. :lol:

And thank you for the input. x

There is some lack of consensus on the matter.:biggrin: This is how I interpret them, because it makes the most sense to me, and works for me. Both are about persona, but I see the M.C. as being social, and the Asc. as more private. A perceptive astrologer can see through the social personality and "unmask" the private. It's the difference between how you really see yourself (The Asc), and how you want others to see you (the M.C.). One good example is stand-up comedy, where a performer might be extremely extroverted on stage, but introverted and even reclusive in private. There are people in public life, like actors and politicians, who even lose touch with their private selves, and are always "on stage".

aquarius7000

In one sentence, Asc. ruler in Leo is key to obsession with looks. Nothing to do with Pluto, and little to do with Mars in Leo because Mars has, by itself, nothing to do with looks/ appearance unless it rules the Asc.

Last edited:

GoldenLion12

Libra and Taurus are usually your fashion statements along with Pisces. They're ruled by Venus, and of course sensual, sexual, the finest foods, finest wine, finest house, finest clothes, indulgence of the five senses, materialism, and gluttony. Capricorn also loves fashion statements. Look at my body, look at my clothes, look at my shoes.

I can tell you in my younger years with Uranus in Libra, Saturn in Taurus, Moon in Taurus, and Capricorn Mercury, I was all about clothes, jewels, hair styles, make up, but of course, ha ha, well Saturn in Pisces came first and brought me a Taurus baby, and I had more fun making him look good and put him first. Uranus in Pisces came along and wiped us both out, and we've both become less materialistic, and more enlightened.

Leo can be dramatic, costumes, theatrical, but add to it, but I think Libra/Taurus/Capricorn has more weight. If you listen to them on YT when they they talk it's always focused on their physical appearance, and of course Pisces being artistic, music, and fashion.

david starling

In one sentence, Asc. ruler in Leo is key to obsession with looks. Nothing to do with Pluto, and little to do with Mars in Leo because Mars has, by itself, nothing to do with looks/ appearance unless it rules the Asc.

This is about STRUGGLING with self-image, rather than just vanity. That suggests Mars. But, I should have noted that Mars is not only in Leo and most elevated AND on the M.C., but an Asc-ruler as well.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

This is about STRUGGLING with self-image, rather than just vanity. That suggests Mars. But, I should have noted that Mars is not only in Leo and most elevated AND on the M.C., but an Asc-ruler as well.
"I should have noted that Mars is not only in Leo"

If Mars were in Leo and Leo were on the 8th house putting perhaps Cap on the Asc., would Mars make the native "obsessed with looks" (any I am quoting the OP here). No.

You cannot use Mars in Leo as a clarification for why the native is "obsessed with (their) looks". It is because Mars rules the Asc. and the Asc. is directly related to looks. Also, Venus in the native's chart is ruled by the ruler of the Asc., Mars. Finally, ruler of the Asc. Mars is also in an aspect with Venus.

Finally, Mars on the MC and therefore elevated per se will have very little say (if any at all) in making the native obsessed with their looks, if, again, say Cap or Virgo or a sign not ruled by Mars were on the Asc.

THerefore, in this case, Mars ruling the Asc. is key to using Mars to answer the question.

david starling

Aquarius7000, would you say that having Sun in Aquarius presents a special problem with having Asc in Leo? I think Sun in Taurus has the hardest time with a Scorpio Asc.

aquarius7000

Aquarius7000, would you say that having Sun in Aquarius presents a special problem with having Asc in Leo? I think Sun in Taurus has the hardest time with a Scorpio Asc.
Well, I don't like to see any aspect/constellation in isolation.
To answer you question, though, I would say that Sun in Aquarius is in detriment, so the Asc. ruler, if Leo is on the Asc. (as is the case with me:p), is in detriment going by the rules.

My Sun though is free of any (other) negative aspects - no main aspects at all to the outers or Saturn.

I am not so fond of being centrestage physically in public. I don't like people staring at me. That said, if I am really honest, I don't like to be ignored either, especially if I ask and do not get a response or if I go out of the way to do something and get no acknowledgement. I guess I get that from the Leo Asc. So, whilst I don't mind the recognition/acknowledgement, I don't like physically being centrestage, if I make any sense at all.

I am giving this example of my own self in order to show that there is an internal struggle to balance things out. I have to say though that I have an introverted Cap Moon, which adds to the hitch when people notice me too much (which also comes with a leo asc. that the native gets noticed sort of automatically). I also have a great relationship with my father :) which also comes with a Leo Asc. if the Sun is untarnished. I am still studying the lights in detriment. I feel they are less affected than other planets in detriment.

GeminiSun

There is some lack of consensus on the matter.:biggrin: This is how I interpret them, because it makes the most sense to me, and works for me. Both are about persona, but I see the M.C. as being social, and the Asc. as more private. A perceptive astrologer can see through the social personality and "unmask" the private. It's the difference between how you really see yourself (The Asc), and how you want others to see you (the M.C.). One good example is stand-up comedy, where a performer might be extremely extroverted on stage, but introverted and even reclusive in private. There are people in public life, like actors and politicians, who even lose touch with their private selves, and are always "on stage".
Your interpretation of the MC and the ASC make so much sense for me based off my chart.

But I also have that Pluto aspecting my Leo MC and with Chiron in my 10th House my reputation took a brutal bump but it has definitely completely recovered which is an absolute miracle if you knew how damaged my reputation was at one point lol.

GeminiSun

Why is that, Sir?

You think having one's Asc. say in Leo is easier?
Definitely not a professional Astrologer (hence this thread), my knowledge about Astrology is pretty limited, all I can go by is personal experience when it comes to placements and stuff, and I think Leo Ascendant is a pretty awesome Ascendant sign to have. These people are usually very popular and get the kind of attention and recognition that many Leo Suns dream about. I've seen it so many times with people in my life who have this Ascendant sign.

I don't think Scorpio is a bad Ascendant to have, it really makes you learn quite a lot of very valuable lessons, but the benefits and "pay off" tend to come from this Ascendant sign years at a time... And always after a very long and tumultuous time. Nothing is handed to you here. And it can take a lifetime for a person to learn how to master that Scorpio Rising energy and channel it in a proper, balanced way. I do feel like Leo is definitely the easier Ascendant to have.