"I couldn't stand you when I saw you, and then I fell inlove"

ardentika

Okay, I've seen this happening many times with other people and even me. I've seen couples who before started dating couldn't stand each other and were in a constant conflict, irritating each other.

One of my greatest love was someone who was annoying me so much I couldn't breath him before I fell inlove haha.

How is astrology responsible for that? What aspects could possibly indicate that? I don't know where to even look at.

Sagcap88

Okay, I've seen this happening many times with other people and even me. I've seen couples who before started dating couldn't stand each other and were in a constant conflict, irritating each other.

One of my greatest love was someone who was annoying me so much I couldn't breath him before I fell inlove haha.

How is astrology responsible for that? What aspects could possibly indicate that? I don't know where to even look at.

Brings to mind the infamous words of Shakespeare: “My only love sprung from my only hate!”

I’ll preface this with the spiritual explanation that I’ve heard and that resonates with me: when we meet a soulmate (I believe we have one for each level of our growth), we come from the same soul root — we are part of the same soul. Because of this, we experience love for no reason, hate for no reason, and jealousy for no reason towards this person...because they are a mirror of ourselves. True love doesn’t happen overnight (except for a few fortunate souls). Most of us have to remove layers of ego first. This in and of itself is a good sign in a relationship.

As for astrological aspects in synastry...I would say that you have some notable conjunctions with that person. Likely, your both nodes are aspected by significant planets in the other’s chart (meaning you may share some of the same unsavory traits associated with that sign), which makes you uneasy, as this person’s presence in your life will push you outside of your comfort zone and further you on the difficult task of trekking down your spiritual path. I think that’s the biggest reason. Also, I would say this especially holds true when the other person’s north node is the same sign and/or house as your sun or moon and vice versa — that’s a big, big deal.

Last edited:

sea_of_qi

This is an interesting idea. There could be so many possible aspects and combinations. I wonder if maybe the annoying beginning is more hard tension aspects in the Synastry and then the Composite takes over once the relationship begins and the sweet feelings are created by what they are together astrologically as well as in their hearts?

It is true you see this kind of thing a lot actually. One question would be how annoying did the partner remain throughout the relationship? How much conflict stayed?

ardentika

Brings to mind the infamous words of Shakespeare: “My only love sprung from my only hate!”

I’ll preface this with the spiritual explanation that I’ve heard and that resonates with me: when we meet a soulmate (I believe we have one for each level of our growth), we come from the same soul root — we are part of the same soul. Because of this, we experience love for no reason, hate for no reason, and jealousy for no reason towards this person...because they are a mirror of ourselves. True love doesn’t happen overnight (except for a few fortunate souls). Most of us have to remove layers of ego first. This in and of itself is a good sign in a relationship.

As for astrological aspects in synastry...I would say that you have some notable conjunctions with that person. Likely, your both nodes are aspected by significant planets in the other’s chart (meaning you may share some of the same unsavory traits associated with that sign), which makes you uneasy, as this person’s presence in your life will push you outside of your comfort zone and further you on the difficult task of trekking down your spiritual path. I think that’s the biggest reason. Also, I would say this especially holds true when the other person’s north node is the same sign and/or house as your sun or moon and vice versa — that’s a big, big deal.
Ha I loved this spiritual explanation its true.

Also I never thought of the nodes! My own moon squares my node and since our moons are conjunct, our nodes too, means his moon squares my node and his and vice versa! That could be it... altho its not conjunction. My venus conj his NN? Perhaps? Using whole sign his Pluto and NN fall in 9th Scorp, and my NN and Venus fallin 9th Scorpio. Which one is most likely? Conjunctions or squares?

With the other person that was quite annoying me I had neither of what you said. No major conjunctions between planets or points. Just Jupiter conjunct NN double whammy. My dsc was falling in his 12th but not sure that would affect me in such a way. Literally no other conjunctions hmmm interesting.

ardentika

This is an interesting idea. There could be so many possible aspects and combinations. I wonder if maybe the annoying beginning is more hard tension aspects in the Synastry and then the Composite takes over once the relationship begins and the sweet feelings are created by what they are together astrologically as well as in their hearts?

It is true you see this kind of thing a lot actually. One question would be how annoying did the partner remain throughout the relationship? How much conflict stayed?

Thats an interesting theory also. Difficult synastry but good composite. Indeed I never thought about why this happens. Even with my best friend I remember when I met her I wanted to strangle her. She was the most annoying person I had ever seen, 1y later I could call her a sister. Her node was in exact conjunction with my Sun/Mo midpoint.

Indeed it's good thing to ask how much the conflict stayed in. For my friend, I just learned to accept her for her differences because I found a beautiful soul and the things that used to annoy me just slowly vanished. Now for romantic relationships could be different since there is the sexual attraction and tension that causes even more drama.

Sagcap88

Ha I loved this spiritual explanation its true.

Also I never thought of the nodes! My own moon squares my node and since our moons are conjunct, our nodes too, means his moon squares my node and his and vice versa! That could be it... altho its not conjunction. My venus conj his NN? Perhaps? Using whole sign his Pluto and NN fall in 9th Scorp, and my NN and Venus fallin 9th Scorpio. Which one is most likely? Conjunctions or squares?

With the other person that was quite annoying me I had neither of what you said. No major conjunctions between planets or points. Just Jupiter conjunct NN double whammy. My dsc was falling in his 12th but not sure that would affect me in such a way. Literally no other conjunctions hmmm interesting.

I think in particular in synastry with the nodes it’s great when that person has a luminary in the same sign or house as your north node so they “light your path” and vice versa. Venus, the DC, and Jupiter are strong planets, too. For the NN conjunctions, I call it a conjunction if they’re in the same sign and/or house as your NN because they embody the traits of the node you’re evolving into. It isn’t frequent to see that but it is a strong tie. It feels like destiny (because it probably is.) If they have a planet conjuncting your Vertex (or even strongly aspecting it), that intensifies things because the vertex is about your destiny.

Jupiter conjunct NN double whammy...yeah, that’s a powerful one. That’s a big connection. The ego is reluctant to like this person because we subconsciously fear the growth and change we’d experience with this individual.

ardentika

I think in particular in synastry with the nodes it’s great when that person has a luminary in the same sign or house as your north node so they “light your path” and vice versa. Venus, the DC, and Jupiter are strong planets, too. For the NN conjunctions, I call it a conjunction if they’re in the same sign and/or house as your NN because they embody the traits of the node you’re evolving into. It isn’t frequent to see that but it is a strong tie. It feels like destiny (because it probably is.) If they have a planet conjuncting your Vertex (or even strongly aspecting it), that intensifies things because the vertex is about your destiny.

Jupiter conjunct NN double whammy...yeah, that’s a powerful one. That’s a big connection. The ego is reluctant to like this person because we subconsciously fear the growth and change we’d experience with this individual.

That's true, however I figured another story to it tho I could be wrong. My flatmate's ex was a tiny bit obsessed with me, altho he never admitted any feelings. His Moon and Venus were falling on my nodes, however that person keeps annoying me till this day, because of who he is and what he does. I suppose with Scorpio thats normal since it's a difficult sign to get a hold on. They say Rahu wants and wants and takes but rarely gives back in return is what I've seen. Unless indeed the doubke whammies I suppose.
I could never understand why nodes are considered a powerful connection when it rarely manifests even if its there. I suppose with the nodes we have to consider the evolutionary stage of a human, since that cannot be seen in a chart.

Sagcap88

That's true, however I figured another story to it tho I could be wrong. My flatmate's ex was a tiny bit obsessed with me, altho he never admitted any feelings. His Moon and Venus were falling on my nodes, however that person keeps annoying me till this day, because of who he is and what he does. I suppose with Scorpio thats normal since it's a difficult sign to get a hold on. They say Rahu wants and wants and takes but rarely gives back in return is what I've seen. Unless indeed the doubke whammies I suppose.
I could never understand why nodes are considered a powerful connection when it rarely manifests even if its there. I suppose with the nodes we have to consider the evolutionary stage of a human, since that cannot be seen in a chart.

Yes, so much of astrology is dependent upon where the individual is in the cycle of their soul growth. Some have a few lifetimes ahead to work through things. Some souls are older and get it right cuz it’s their last time around.

I’ve also read, and fully believe, that the Ascendant is essentially a set of tools for maneuvering our NN paths. The traits/gifts associated with the AC’s sign lend to our ability to overcome obstacles in the way of our NN growth path.

For example, my NN is Pisces in the sixth, meaning my SN was Virgo in the 12th. I have Virgo rising. For me, I just had a revelation that this points to the fact that it’s important for me to maintain the positive Virgo traits I acquired to help me follow my NN path, which is in Virgo’s House...

sea_of_qi

Yes, so much of astrology is dependent upon where the individual is in the cycle of their soul growth. Some have a few lifetimes ahead to work through things. Some souls are older and get it right cuz it’s their last time around.

I’ve also read, and fully believe, that the Ascendant is essentially a set of tools for maneuvering our NN paths. The traits/gifts associated with the AC’s sign lend to our ability to overcome obstacles in the way of our NN growth path.

For example, my NN is Pisces in the sixth, meaning my SN was Virgo in the 12th. I have Virgo rising. For me, I just had a revelation that this points to the fact that it’s important for me to maintain the positive Virgo traits I acquired to help me follow my NN path, which is in Virgo’s House...

You may also want to look at the House position of the Ascendant Ruler, Mercury in your case, for more ideas or information about in what areas of life the NN Path/unfolding of your destiny can best manifest.

Sagcap88

You may also want to look at the House position of the Ascendant Ruler, Mercury in your case, for more ideas or information about in what areas of life the NN Path/unfolding of your destiny can best manifest.

Thanks, it’s in Sag in the 4th conjunct sun, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. Stellium.

Neptuniaan

That is not hatred but sexual tension :=) happened to me :) You could check for aspects that indicate that.

ardentika

That is not hatred but sexual tension :=) happened to me :) You could check for aspects that indicate that.

Oh wow, never thought of that! What aspects should I look for indicating this? I wouldn't think of this in the first case, since it was mostly the behavior of the person and the attention I was getting, that was annoying me. Although you could be right too.
Would the following aspects indicate such sexual tension?

Venus square Moon
Sun square Venus
Sun sextile Venus
Venus sextile Venus
Mars opposite Sun
Mars sextile Venus
Venus semi square Venus
Venus square Asc
NN square Sun, Moon (I'm asking this personally because I do have Venus conj NN, and I've heard that such people could have strong sexual aura around them, even thought I hardly believe it for myself, but still)
Mars trine Asc

Gonna throw in Eros and Psyche, cos I've heard they could act this way. Esp. eros.
Psyche conj. Asc
Eros conj Mars (altho it's a wide orb)
Eros opposite Mars
Psyche conj Sun
Not sure if squares work here...

Which of the following would indicate such tension that goes misunderstood and causes clash and irritation? I suppose the hard aspects..

Sagcap88, never heard of that about the Ascendant, but it makes sense, since the Asc determines the house position of the NN.

Last edited: