double whammies and Orbs in synastry?

Brea

If two people share the same chart conections will the person with the tighter orb feel that aspect more? So lets use myself as an example. both I and my new partner have Uranus square to each others venus, I have the tighter orb of 2°15 and he has the looser orb of 4°36. does this mean I'll take on more of Uranus's aspects and be even greedier with my freedom and space? Since its a double whammy does it serve the relationship because we both want/give eachother the same thing? and also! another thing rattling my brain, what has more impact, the person with the tighter orb or the person with more things going on with that planet in his/her own natal chart?

Thanks!!

Sany

If two people share the same chart conections will the person with the tighter orb feel that aspect more? So lets use myself as an example. both I and my new partner have Uranus square to each others venus, I have the tighter orb of 2°15 and he has the looser orb of 4°36. does this mean I'll take on more of Uranus's aspects and be even greedier with my freedom and space? Since its a double whammy does it serve the relationship because we both want/give eachother the same thing? and also! another thing rattling my brain, what has more impact, the person with the tighter orb or the person with more things going on with that planet in his/her own natal chart?

Thanks!!

Double whammies in synastry intensify the influence of that specific aspect and tell you what is the most emphasized in the relationship. In this case it is the square between Uranus and Venus which is extremely challenging and it means that you are both very attracted to each other but also very unstable in your feelings towards each other. If the aspects were harmonious that would mean that you both know how to give to another what you need (space, freedom, excitement etc.) but in this case it means that you both feel on/off attraction.

Ofcourse, the tighter orb means the aspect is stronger. Uranus prominent in a natal chart doesn`t have to mean you feel this aspect stronger.

Last edited:

Claire19

4 degree is a little too wide for a synastry aspect I feel. No more than 2 degrees is my take on it. However the composite chart will show the dynamics that make THE relationship. Synastry can be very confusing and contradictory. The danger is in letting the charts rule you rather than you ruling the charts. We have free will and the charts are us, we are not the charts.