Passion for History/Past Life Connections in Natal Chart?

twobitdandy

Hi y'all, I was wondering if you could please give my natal chart a look-over & let me know if you spot anything karmic/past life related or a connection to my crazy (almost obsessive) love of history? Thank you! <3

Chart is attached :>

Attachments

• sarahnatalchart.jpg
    sarahnatalchart.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 33

ashriia

I'll jump in with a guess or two.

"love of history" - with so many planets found in capricorn occupying your 1st... perhaps that is why. Capricorn/Saturn loves the traditional/past/structure. More interestingly, is your South Node conjunct POF. POF is therefore is smack on your nodal axis. The nodal axis is responsible for many karmic events. Might be very interesting to study your nodes further. This is a great site for insights on what the nodes in aspect to specific planets/points entails..

http://depthastrology2.com/NodesPartofFortune.htm#SouthNodeconjunctPartofFortune

But in general, outer planets are considered heavily karmic, past life issues brought forth to get worked out in this life. But then again, everything in one's natal chart is karmic really.:smile:

waybread

I can't speak to a past life connection, but lets look at your life now. Saturn-ruled Capricorn loves the past, a 12th house sun in Sagittarius would probably love ferreting around old books and documents in the library (a solitary pursuit) and Jupiter in the 8th quintile Mars and square Pluto would probably be highly motivated to dig out old secrets.

You might be interested in this thread: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74833

See especially the references to the books by Jim Tucker and astrologers who have written about past lives.

BTW, if you've followed the discovery of the skeleton of Richard III, you might enjoy this classic mystery novel: Josephine Tey, Daughter of Time.

Phoenix Venus

The position of your sun might have a bit to do with it. here is the sabian symbol for that degree, from Dane Rudhyars "An Astrological Mandala":

"A WIDOW'S PAST BROUGHT TO LIGHT.

KEYNOTE: The karma of past actions as it affects opportunities presented by a new cycle.

What the "widow's past" is remains obscure but the point is that even as a past cycle is closed —a phase of married life ends —the karma of whatever deeds or misdeeds this cycle witnessed will almost inevitably intrude into the new life period. Also, once a cycle of activity is concluded, much that was unclear or unconsciously motivated in the events it witnessed can now more easily come to the clear consciousness of the mind. It is possible to joyously herald the dawn from high above the actual stresses of existence (the preceding symbol), but the new day may be found loaded and darkened by the unfinished business of many a yesterday.

This is the third stage of the fifty-first five-fold sequence. Mankind is "the widow," because our soon-to-be-concluded Piscean Age has buried most of the ideals it once revered and proclaimed. Yet the New Age will have to deal with many oppressive ghosts. This is a symbol of RETRIBUTION."

twobitdandy

I'll jump in with a guess or two.

"love of history" - with so many planets found in capricorn occupying your 1st... perhaps that is why. Capricorn/Saturn loves the traditional/past/structure. More interestingly, is your South Node conjunct POF. POF is therefore is smack on your nodal axis. The nodal axis is responsible for many karmic events. Might be very interesting to study your nodes further. This is a great site for insights on what the nodes in aspect to specific planets/points entails..

http://depthastrology2.com/NodesPartofFortune.htm#SouthNodeconjunctPartofFortune

But in general, outer planets are considered heavily karmic, past life issues brought forth to get worked out in this life. But then again, everything in one's natal chart is karmic really.:smile:

Thanks so much! Yes, since I've learned a bit about the nodes being involved w/karma and/or past lives, I've been studying them a little further. There is definitely something there.

twobitdandy

I can't speak to a past life connection, but lets look at your life now. Saturn-ruled Capricorn loves the past, a 12th house sun in Sagittarius would probably love ferreting around old books and documents in the library (a solitary pursuit) and Jupiter in the 8th quintile Mars and square Pluto would probably be highly motivated to dig out old secrets.

You might be interested in this thread: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74833

See especially the references to the books by Jim Tucker and astrologers who have written about past lives.

BTW, if you've followed the discovery of the skeleton of Richard III, you might enjoy this classic mystery novel: Josephine Tey, Daughter of Time.

Thanks,and thanks for the reference <3 Yes, I'm seeing that a lot of my Capricorn/12th House involvement makes a lot of sense in terms of my love of history, constant learning about the past, and just a general need to feel closer to it. Actually, I've thought about being an archivist. I've had great experiences holding and touching relics and documents of the past and ... there's a certain rush to it, as well as comfort (talk about being close to history itself!) ...and often, I can find myself obsessing over finding out new things or trying to find the primary source to something I find questionable or interesting.

twobitdandy

The position of your sun might have a bit to do with it. here is the sabian symbol for that degree, from Dane Rudhyars "An Astrological Mandala":

"A WIDOW'S PAST BROUGHT TO LIGHT.

KEYNOTE: The karma of past actions as it affects opportunities presented by a new cycle.

What the "widow's past" is remains obscure but the point is that even as a past cycle is closed —a phase of married life ends —the karma of whatever deeds or misdeeds this cycle witnessed will almost inevitably intrude into the new life period. Also, once a cycle of activity is concluded, much that was unclear or unconsciously motivated in the events it witnessed can now more easily come to the clear consciousness of the mind. It is possible to joyously herald the dawn from high above the actual stresses of existence (the preceding symbol), but the new day may be found loaded and darkened by the unfinished business of many a yesterday.

This is the third stage of the fifty-first five-fold sequence. Mankind is "the widow," because our soon-to-be-concluded Piscean Age has buried most of the ideals it once revered and proclaimed. Yet the New Age will have to deal with many oppressive ghosts. This is a symbol of RETRIBUTION."

Thank you for the read into my chart :>

That Sabian degree really blows my mind. I definitely feel there is something "unfinished," and that there are things about this "past" or karmic connection to the past that is so expansive & interesting and yet so elusive that it frustrates me. Extremely. I have all this love of the past, and a certain part of the past (an era & a place) and even a connection to a favorite historical figure of mine that I want to know why. I feel, however, that whatever it is -- I'm getting closer. Astrology helps, intuitively speaking I believe. Whatever it was, it definitely carried into this cycle. Heavily.

I also like that interpretation for the world stage. A new age, a new cycle, but not without knowing the past & the past oppressiveness. You have to know the old (intimately) in order to move on fully into the new.