Why can't I keep a job?

Jamisyn

I've had a lot of struggles throughout my life with career and money issues. I can't seem to find a stable job that I enjoy (or can at least stand) where I am appreciated and also paid enough to survive on. I've been in the same industry pretty much my entire adult life. It's really the only thing I'm qualified to do, however it's not very stable. I've tried applying to different jobs in which my experience would apply but I never get any offers.

I got let go from my last job in my industry in November after a year and a half with the company. Now I'm currently working a job I can't stand, that pays next to nothing. I can't even afford to pay my bills on what I'm making. I'm smart and put everything into a job I care about, but it seems that that gets me nowhere. It's almost as if the jobs I work the hardest at and care about the most are the ones that I get let go for some reason that has nothing to do with my performance, and the ones I dont' care about and hate and don't try at never let me go, even though they probably should...I've been sending out resumes like crazy since November, but haven't had a single offer yet and only 2 interviews, both of which went well.

I just don't understand. I'm drowning in debt and I'm so tired of trying so hard and getting nowhere. I've spent the last decade trying to build myself a stable career that allows me to be financially independent and have nothing to show for it. All I want is to be able to provide for myself comfortably and not have to depend on others for my needs. Why is this so much more difficult for me than for everyone else?

Is there any indicator in my chart of why this is happening? Is it me? Is it transits??? HELP!!!

Attachments

• My natal, progressed, transit chart.jpg
    My natal, progressed, transit chart.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 58

waybread

And what sort of industry are you in?

Hey, we practice astrology, not clairvoyance. Different types of work have different indicators in the horoscope.

In a very general way, however, Neptune is the modern ruler of the sign (Pisces) on your 10th house of career, and Jupiter is the traditional ruler. Neptune often has an illusory quality to it; but your Jupiter closely conjuncts Uranus. Uranus often deals with sudden change. You either need a career with a lot of variety hard-wired into it, or be ready to change rapidly as circumstances change around you.

Then Jupiter-Uranus are involved in a T-square, one of whose elements is the moon. The moon rules Cancer, the sign on your second house of money. So just as your career vacillates, so goes your money.

If it is any consolation, your age is very close to my daughter's. A lot of people born within a year of you have that Jupiter-Uranus conjunction, but depending upon how it is aspected, it will play out differently for people. In my daughter's case, she has also had a series of short-term jobs, some of which haven't paid very well. Her current response has been to work overseas.

Is this an option for you?

mdinaz

You are only the 2nd person I've spoken to with the same birthday as me (June 3rd) - apparently it is rare as practically no celebrities or historical figures of note have it either. Until George Bush (no. 1) there were no June Geminis to be president, either. If you look at the playing card system of divination, June 3rd is the Ace of Spades, the top of the deck.

So first I look at the 6th house, not the 10th. The 6th is where we serve others. You are thinking in terms of "job" and "career", which just denote what we do for money and status, but not necessarily what we do because we get satisfaction and enjoyment out of it. Anybody can have a job, but few get to do a job and be happy and satisfied with it, and get paid too. Generally the most satisfying of jobs are where you get to serve others and ultimately serve yourself in the process. Sagittarius is on the 6th ruled by Jupiter, which is in this house and on the cusp of the 6th. Jupiter is involved in a difficult T-square with the Moon and Sun/Mars - meaning you'd like to expand and grow in this area and express joy there but your efforts are stymied by a lack of emotional depth of feeling in what you do (you don't care in any depth on the jobs you do) and they completely go against your energy levels and your core personality (no enjoyment, sap your energy, leave you drained and frustrated). Jupiter is also conjunct Uranus (which are then also opposite Sun/Mars), so jobs are short, erratic, chaotic.

The only outlet for Jupiter is the trine to Venus in the 1st and a trine to Juno in the 10th. Venus is about beauty, tranquility, as well as safety, security, and property. With Venus in Cancer, these keyword are even more emphasized. Juno in the 10th shows that you give up a lot of power to your career and your status, but with the trine to Jupiter and Venus, that you can also devote a great deal of energy to CLIENTS, rather than an employer. Perhaps you should involve yourself in something that allows you to serve people in the area of providing beauty, safety and security - such as real estate, decorating or landscaping, for example. With the Sun and Mars in the 12th, you also like to be behind the scenes, not front and center. A job where you can work alone and serve your clients one-on-one would be better rather than any large office environment that is chaotic with a lot of phones ringing.

Your Vesta is conjunct Mercury in Taurus - meaning that everything you put into the Universe for manifestation as your reality is strongly influenced by your thoughts, and if your thoughts are negative, so is your reality. Because Taurus governs finances, and because you always focus your thoughts on your bills and how poor you are, this is exactly what you create. Mercury and Vesta are also trine Pallas in the 7th in Capricorn. The 7th house is not only relationships, but employers and employees, and with the 7th house intercepted here, shows you are very constrained here and have difficulty coming up with viable solutions to get you out of this problem area - and with the trine to Vesta, again this frustrated energy gets sent to the Universe where you create more strained, dead-end low-paying situations. Pallas is where we strategize to come up with ideas and solutions, so you are going to have to change your thinking and think your way out of this on a logical level.

The Vertex is where these manifestations are created and it is in the 5th opposite your Chiron. As you create this negative reality, the drain of energy and lack of success strikes you at your core and touches upon negative memories of the past. With the Sun in the 12th, you likely had an absent parent (physically or emotionally) or a parent that reinforced negative stereotypes about life (life is hard, it's a struggle, etc) - and your personal failures just reinforce this negative memory and reinforce your negative thoughts back into Vesta. The Node is in the 12th house and semisextile Chiron so this is part of your life path - getting over the negative things you learned about life, clearing out the past and the past failures of your parents or whomever was your most important influence, and taking charge of your own life. Taking charge of your own life means taking charge of your thoughts and beliefs about life and what is possible for you, regardless of what happens to others or what others have to say. The Moon is in the 9th house and square the Sun so this will take a spiritual leap of faith for you and run counter to everything you already think and know. However the Moon is also quintile Mercury so once you begin to see some results, you'll discover you actually have a talent for creating positive manifestations in your life and you'll see gains quickly - AFTER you make this leap of faith and change of mind. It can't be half-hearted or half-a$$.

Your Venus is quincunx Neptune so while you'll feel stupid at first doing this, you'll find this typically-negative aspect an ally, as with Neptune being in the 6th you'll find your intuition coming into play and as you begin to serve others, find that you'll be serving yourself in the process. Even a saint has to eat and pay rent.

One book you should read immediately is Eckhart Tolle's book "A new earth" which will explain much of this better for you and get you started on the right path.

Jamisyn

You are only the 2nd person I've spoken to with the same birthday as me (June 3rd) - apparently it is rare as practically no celebrities or historical figures of note have it either. Until George Bush (no. 1) there were no June Geminis to be president, either. If you look at the playing card system of divination, June 3rd is the Ace of Spades, the top of the deck.

So first I look at the 6th house, not the 10th. The 6th is where we serve others. You are thinking in terms of "job" and "career", which just denote what we do for money and status, but not necessarily what we do because we get satisfaction and enjoyment out of it. Anybody can have a job, but few get to do a job and be happy and satisfied with it, and get paid too. Generally the most satisfying of jobs are where you get to serve others and ultimately serve yourself in the process. Sagittarius is on the 6th ruled by Jupiter, which is in this house and on the cusp of the 6th. Jupiter is involved in a difficult T-square with the Moon and Sun/Mars - meaning you'd like to expand and grow in this area and express joy there but your efforts are stymied by a lack of emotional depth of feeling in what you do (you don't care in any depth on the jobs you do) and they completely go against your energy levels and your core personality (no enjoyment, sap your energy, leave you drained and frustrated). Jupiter is also conjunct Uranus (which are then also opposite Sun/Mars), so jobs are short, erratic, chaotic.

The only outlet for Jupiter is the trine to Venus in the 1st and a trine to Juno in the 10th. Venus is about beauty, tranquility, as well as safety, security, and property. With Venus in Cancer, these keyword are even more emphasized. Juno in the 10th shows that you give up a lot of power to your career and your status, but with the trine to Jupiter and Venus, that you can also devote a great deal of energy to CLIENTS, rather than an employer. Perhaps you should involve yourself in something that allows you to serve people in the area of providing beauty, safety and security - such as real estate, decorating or landscaping, for example. With the Sun and Mars in the 12th, you also like to be behind the scenes, not front and center. A job where you can work alone and serve your clients one-on-one would be better rather than any large office environment that is chaotic with a lot of phones ringing.

Your Vesta is conjunct Mercury in Taurus - meaning that everything you put into the Universe for manifestation as your reality is strongly influenced by your thoughts, and if your thoughts are negative, so is your reality. Because Taurus governs finances, and because you always focus your thoughts on your bills and how poor you are, this is exactly what you create. Mercury and Vesta are also trine Pallas in the 7th in Capricorn. The 7th house is not only relationships, but employers and employees, and with the 7th house intercepted here, shows you are very constrained here and have difficulty coming up with viable solutions to get you out of this problem area - and with the trine to Vesta, again this frustrated energy gets sent to the Universe where you create more strained, dead-end low-paying situations. Pallas is where we strategize to come up with ideas and solutions, so you are going to have to change your thinking and think your way out of this on a logical level.

The Vertex is where these manifestations are created and it is in the 5th opposite your Chiron. As you create this negative reality, the drain of energy and lack of success strikes you at your core and touches upon negative memories of the past. With the Sun in the 12th, you likely had an absent parent (physically or emotionally) or a parent that reinforced negative stereotypes about life (life is hard, it's a struggle, etc) - and your personal failures just reinforce this negative memory and reinforce your negative thoughts back into Vesta. The Node is in the 12th house and semisextile Chiron so this is part of your life path - getting over the negative things you learned about life, clearing out the past and the past failures of your parents or whomever was your most important influence, and taking charge of your own life. Taking charge of your own life means taking charge of your thoughts and beliefs about life and what is possible for you, regardless of what happens to others or what others have to say. The Moon is in the 9th house and square the Sun so this will take a spiritual leap of faith for you and run counter to everything you already think and know. However the Moon is also quintile Mercury so once you begin to see some results, you'll discover you actually have a talent for creating positive manifestations in your life and you'll see gains quickly - AFTER you make this leap of faith and change of mind. It can't be half-hearted or half-a$$.

Your Venus is quincunx Neptune so while you'll feel stupid at first doing this, you'll find this typically-negative aspect an ally, as with Neptune being in the 6th you'll find your intuition coming into play and as you begin to serve others, find that you'll be serving yourself in the process. Even a saint has to eat and pay rent.

One book you should read immediately is Eckhart Tolle's book "A new earth" which will explain much of this better for you and get you started on the right path.

Wow. I'm impressed! That was quite insightful. I am in fact in Real Estate/ Property Management. And a big issue has been with employers wanting me to do things I don't agree with or feel right about. I most definitely work for my residents and they are my priority, not the companies bottom line. I get very personally & emotionally attached to my projects and my residents so I will work tirelessly to make sure they are taken care of, however my employers never to seem to appreciate that as they are more wrapped up in corporate concerns and have no clue what is happening on site on a day to day basis.

I work mainly with poverty level residents, foreigners, criminals, mentally ill, elderly and generally disadvantaged individuals. I sincerely love the human relations aspect of my business. I love helping these people and feeling like I'm doing something good. I care, that's my problem when it comes to career matters it seems. I care too much.

You are also right about having a negitive parent. My mother is extremely negative and cynical about life. And I was actually quite the opposite of her up until recently. I used to think I could do or be anything. I was hopeful and confident and nothing much fazed me. But these past few years I've just encounted crises after crises and struggle after struggle and it seems as though no matter what I do I can't win. It's been very defeating and made me extremely doubtful that anything good could possibly happen to me without some kind of dissapointing catch.

I know that this kind of attitude isn't helpful, but it's gotten to the point that every time I allow myself to think something good will happen I am harshly let down and just feel stupid for thinking it was possible for a really positive change to take place in my life in the first place.

I appreciate your response and will definitely check out the book. I don't even feel like myself any more, it's like there's a dark cloud over me and I just need some sun!!!

Jamisyn

And what sort of industry are you in?

Hey, we practice astrology, not clairvoyance. Different types of work have different indicators in the horoscope.

In a very general way, however, Neptune is the modern ruler of the sign (Pisces) on your 10th house of career, and Jupiter is the traditional ruler. Neptune often has an illusory quality to it; but your Jupiter closely conjuncts Uranus. Uranus often deals with sudden change. You either need a career with a lot of variety hard-wired into it, or be ready to change rapidly as circumstances change around you.

Then Jupiter-Uranus are involved in a T-square, one of whose elements is the moon. The moon rules Cancer, the sign on your second house of money. So just as your career vacillates, so goes your money.

If it is any consolation, your age is very close to my daughter's. A lot of people born within a year of you have that Jupiter-Uranus conjunction, but depending upon how it is aspected, it will play out differently for people. In my daughter's case, she has also had a series of short-term jobs, some of which haven't paid very well. Her current response has been to work overseas.

Is this an option for you?

I do in fact require a job with variety and some level of excitement and challenge to it or I get bored to tears and become physically uncomfortable and depressed. Which is the current job situation I find myself in...

I'm not opposed to working overseas. I'm just not really sure that there's a big demand for what I do overseas. How did your daughter find overseas opportunities?

mdinaz

Maybe it is time for you to open your own property management company. With all the rentals appearing these days because people can't sell their houses (me included), you'd have plenty of business.

HappyHeretic42

Hi Jamisyn,

I also have an annoying work related influence that is stuck. Putting myself in the midst of change and embracing the rollercoaster ride has helped. I relate so strongly to most of these comments though all I can offer is a personal hindsight.

Successful recovery from any circumstance or event is essentially:

"Remembering who I am with all my strengths".

You can overcome this phase and get back on track. Didn't happen overnight. May not resolve overnight. But you will change this. Do something good for yourself - every day. The mere act of doing good for ourselves and others begets positive thinking.

When shadowy doubts surface, listen to your inner voice, the one that will not mislead or hurt you.

In another life, I enjoyed working in real estate for the same reasons you do :.) And I left for the same reasons you implied you have difficulty with.

Again in hindsight, what I might have done differently then that might benefit you now, is know the people you help benefit from your efforts and let that be enough. If I had done that, I would still be in real estate and helping people like you are.

We cannot fix corrupt systems alone, but we can help the less fortunate navigate negative life events as best possible in lieu of others who do not care.

~Catherine

Last edited:

Artnunymiss

Hello,

The most obvious thing that jumps out at me about your chart could very well affect your work -- you have a pretty fierce T-square with the Sun and Mars (in the 12th house!) opposition Jupiter and Uranus, and at the apex, the Moon.

I'm not a really experienced astrologer, but I also have 12th house sun and an ugly Mars T-square. The way your configuration feels to me, intuitively, is that your Sun and Mars in the 12th (getting plenty of air in Gemini) could get you burned, especially when they run opposite your boss (Jupiter).

For me that looks like getting too excited, talking too much. Being too enthusiastic and willing to go the extra mile. Sometimes, even bosses really hate that. You also have Uranus right there, ready to throw a curve ball or potentially make you appear unpredictable.

The crux of your T is the Moon. I look at my ugly T-square as a dinner party where four guests are coming to blows, and one guest (in your case the Moon) is shouting at all of them to stop. So it's probably pretty emotionally taxing, dealing with the oppositions to your 12th house.

I'm autistic, and my way of approaching things is atypical and not very linear. One thing I do like to do is look at the Kozminsky symbols for problem planets. Hopefully that helps or gives you something to think about.

12o Gemini -- both your Sun and Mars. Key degree for you.

12º Gemini: An accountant puzzling over a ledger, which he is struggling to balance.
Denotes one of mathematical mind who is apt to consider the various questions which arise in everyday life, and to accept nothing without strict examination and thought. He may often be considered stubborn and unyielding, but no one will more readily agree to the truth or falsity of a matter when clear evidence makes it possible for him to do so. It is a symbol of Exactness.

This could *most definitely* put you at odds with an employer, especially since this degree is emphasized in your 12th house (self-destruction). You want to be honest and objective, and that aggravates a lot of people. The trick is just knowing this about yourself, seeing where the potholes are and driving around them.

Here are the symbols for your Jupiter and Uranus, if you'd like to consider how these reflect for you, if at all.

Jupiter
5º Sagittarius: A dark bank of cloud passing in front of the sun, cutting its rays from the earth.
Denotes one of a melancholic, retiring, and occult nature who is drawn to a life of austerity, and whose search is for that hidden grail which holds the nectar of life and supreme knowledge. He is religious and sincere, but he should be careful lest his peculiar attitude or method of approaching the secret should hide it from his view, as the dark cloud-bank hides the rays of the sun. It is a symbol of Monasticism.

Uranus
6º Sagittarius: A man in a black robe carrying a black rod, on the top of which is a hand, the thumb held between the fingers of Jupiter and Saturn, whilst the fingers of the Sun and Mercury are pointed upwards.
Denotes a powerful character of a religious and penetrating mind, by the virtue of which he rises to a position of enduring fame. Force, riches, and treachery oppose his power and influence, and may ultimately check, if not end, his career. But his actions will live and his spirit will rise above the power of reverses. It is a symbol of Valor.

and your main instigator in the T-square, the Moon
8º Pisces: A slave merchant selling a beautiful woman in an Eastern marketplace.
Denotes one who is destined to have power over others and who may be forced by circumstances to obey the wills of stronger forces. Necessity may compel him to barter his dearest possession for external advantage, but those to whom he barters it prize it. His is a peculiar life of importance, but not one of absolute free will. It is a symbol of Responsibilities.

I hope some of this may give you some perspective.

Lastly, I have had many problems in work environments in the past because of similar tendencies. Food for thought, a lot of the things you're describing are classic problems of high functioning autistics in the workplace. Especially women, who are less able to get away with autistic traits generally due to societal expectations. Autistic people are often at odds in the workplace due to not being "game players."

Artnunymiss

One other thing:

12th house Sun, in particular, makes you vulnerable to back stabbing. Not only the house of self-defeat, but of "hidden enemies." This can be anything ranging from malicious gossip to identity theft or hacking. I have been fired from jobs only to find out later that someone I worked with, sometimes people I had never personally interacted with, had been gunning for me.

The last job I got fired from after a year, it was simply because my coworkers didn't like me being eager, enthusiastic, and cheerfully pulling their slack. That was exacerbated by my allergy to both small talk and politics. The nicer I was to them, the angrier it made them.

When they fired me, I was shown a packet of written complaints that were incredibly petty. Someone had clearly gone around and solicited any little thing that anyone might have to say. Like being stoned to death with pebbles. But it did get rid of me, and I've had to make self-employment happen.

Not trying to jinx you or anything, just be aware that this kind of stuff can be really insidious. You may need to pay more attention to the reactions of the people in your work environment.

Bottom line, I'm not sorry for who I am or how I behaved, only that I had to go through so many changes. I'm also sorry that the other people were unhappy with me around, but I'd be lying if I said I respected them.