Reclusive Sagittarius looking for guidance

Ficciones91

Hello
smiley.gif
I'm a very introverted sagittarius trying to understand my natal chart. As I approach my first saturn return, it's becoming increasingly important for me to find some kind of clarity of purpose. I have questions below about certain parts of my natal chart......

I find my nodal axis confusing, there is almost too much going on how would you read it?

I feel very uranian, how is that represented in my natal chart?

I've been studying the natal chart's of people I admire, mainly artist and I noticed successful people tend to have many oppositions & squares. I have many trines & sextiles. Is this a drawback? I feel very indecisive and I don't notice their influence much in my life. Do the trines and sextiles indicicate latent talents I have yet to discover?

Is there any indication in my chart with struggles in relationships, people never seem to be attracted to me even on a platonic level.

I've written a few plays and I am working on a novel. Does my chart indicate some kind of success as a writer?

Feel free to point out anything that stands out to you beyond the questions I have asked.

Thanks
wink.gif

Attachments

• astro_2gw_lydian_scale.55777.281759.jpg
    astro_2gw_lydian_scale.55777.281759.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Gemini888

I feel very uranian, how is that represented in my natal chart?

Aqua MC and Uranus trines Jupiter.

Is there any indication in my chart with struggles in relationships, people never seem to be attracted to me even on a platonic level.
Aries Moon and Sag Sun want to be independent. Your SN conj Asc also supports it. With Scorpio Venus square Saturn you are more comfortable with having a few "true" friends that a large social circle. Oh, and also Moon square Uranus too.

However, your NN seems to desire a more active social life (a more organized Cap-style life too). You're lucky to have progressive Uranus supporting NN. Maybe you need to learn to be less emotional and more willing to ask for help?

I've written a few plays and I am working on a novel. Does my chart indicate some kind of success as a writer?
I'm not sure about success because I'm an aspiring writer trying to publish a book as well. However, I may be able to predict how determined you are to reach your dream. You have retrograde Merc conj Mars and sextile Saturn, so that's a good indication right there. Merc is weak in Sag but Saturn is with its ruler so Saturn can support Merc when Merc doesn't feel like working anymore. Just be wary of impatient Moon though.

May I ask how many plays/stories have you produced so far? And are you comfortable with showing your work?

P.S: the number of soft or hard aspects doesn't determine success. My favorite director, Jean-Pierre Melville, had a sh!tton of trines and sextiles in his charts, and look how he fared :sideways:

Ficciones91

Aqua MC and Uranus trines Jupiter.

Aries Moon and Sag Sun want to be independent. Your SN conj Asc also supports it. With Scorpio Venus square Saturn you are more comfortable with having a few "true" friends that a large social circle. Oh, and also Moon square Uranus too.

Thanks for responding.

Interesting, somehow I have to move towards the 7th house of partnerships, when the rest of the chart says independence.

However, your NN seems to desire a more active social life (a more organized Cap-style life too). You're lucky to have progressive Uranus supporting NN. Maybe you need to learn to be less emotional and more willing to ask for help?

My NN confuses me, it seems to be asking contradictory things. I don't know what to do with capricorn 7th, NN 7th sexile venus, trine Jupiter, conjunct uranus. Asking for help is something I don't do enough, I have five older siblings but I try not to burden them or others with my problems, I think most people are making it up(life) as they go along anyway.

I'm not sure about success because I'm an aspiring writer trying to publish a book as well. However, I may be able to predict how determined you are to reach your dream. You have retrograde Merc conj Mars and sextile Saturn, so that's a good indication right there. Merc is weak in Sag but Saturn is with its ruler so Saturn can support Merc when Merc doesn't feel like working anymore. Just be wary of impatient Moon though.

Do you write Fiction? How are you finding your journey as a writer?

I think my mercury aspects suggest some talent, those aspects you mentioned.... mercury in the 6th, merc jupiter mutual reception. However, I think will(Stephen King was rejected 30 times before his first novel was published) is important and presentation (maybe represented by ASC/MC). I don't think I come across as charming, likeable (Sun opp ASC, Pluto Square MC) which is very important for anything that requires the public. So I may have to work extremely hard on my craft but do the Cormac McCarthy/Pynchon thing and completely avoid the limelight and let the work speak for me. First impressions are everything now, the first works have to be exceptional.

May I ask how many plays/stories have you produced so far? And are you comfortable with showing your work?

I have written about 5 plays and I am working on my first novel. The plays are personal dealing with subjects such as; domestic violence, break down in relationships between siblings, death, OCD etc. My novel is examination of the far right, I am not very political but it seems humans have a love/hate relationship with democracy, running to a strongman once they get a little uncomfortable. I'm aiming to have my first play produced first 1/4 of 2020 as I approach my first saturn return and novel by the end of next year (although I know the publishing industry moves slowly). Also doing research into the whole climate issue, I paid attention to it casually but recently created a file to build up a knowledge base for a potential Sci Fi.

P.S: the number of soft or hard aspects doesn't determine success. My favorite director, Jean-Pierre Melville, had a sh!tton of trines and sextiles in his charts, and look how he fared :sideways:

I like Melville too. I was thinking of Paul Thomas Anderson my favourite living filmaker, he has like 9 squares and many oppositions, which makes sense his work from Boogie Nights to There Will Be Blood is very unorthodox, almost chaotic, but his work and demeanor in the last few years suggest he has worked through his squares and opposition tensions successfully.

Regards:wink:

Last edited:

Ficciones91

I have a few of the same placements as you and a Sagittarian stellium. Can comment from that perspective, actually will ask you a few questions to get a better perspective.

Cool

How/where is your sag stellium? Mine is looked in a cage serving obsessive pluto in the 6th.

You have Saturn on the cusp of 9th house. How do you experience this placement, or 9th house matters in particular?

Strict parents and very religious family. I got good grades but had terrible attendance. I have many older siblings, so for the first 21 years of my life every decision I made was scrutinized. I'm an autodidact, everything useful to me as an adult, I learned independently, me and teachers unfortunately do not mix well. Dropped out of grad school twice.

After throwing off the shackles of religion in my youth, I have developed a very personal appreiation for it as an individual. I keep three religious books next to my bed King James Bible 1611, John Milton Biblically Annotated Edition of Paradise Lost & The Bhadvad Gita...... amongst other books. I'm still non religious but have my own personal prcepts and think we are all divine . I don't trust anyone but try to accept everyone. I believe in reincarnation. I feel a sense of purpose in seeking clarity and understanding in life, but I doubt I will ever be happy.

I've never really travelled but desire to.

Cynical, dry, negative Capricorn Father. He was almost too honest with me instead of you can be anything you want to be speeches, I got "you don't deserve anything, you probably won't succeed or get what you want in life" (maybe true, but don't tell a kid that while he's watching rugrats)

How are you experiencing this placement?

You mention that people don’t seem attracted to you. What about the kind of people are you attracted to? Does Saturn in Aqua in 9th describe them in anyway? 11h Moon is squaring a generational conjunction that landed in your 7th house.

I'm attracted to serious people I think, maybe a few years older than me, Scorpio & Capricorn types. I think that saturn placement would fit the kinds of people I am attracted to. However, I think it is hard to guage what I really like without actually being in close relationships. Eva Green although a Cancer is someone I'm drawn to, at least the mysterious, dark character she repeatedly portrays in film. I also find Anne Hathaway (has a very interesting chart, no trines many conjunctions & oppositions) alluring as an actual person not her characters......these are just based on vibe not looks.

I feel like the gods are toying with me, with that moon & north node placement. The 11th & 7th house are primarily about the other. How am I meant to reconcile having the moon squaring the generational conjunction in the 7th house where my north node is. I think the 7th house is one of those houses that functions better empty, angles are too important for such weight.

As for feeling Uranian, your Saturn and Uranus are in mutual reception; NN disposed by Aqua Saturn and Uranus are both angular, Aqua is at your MC, so the Uranian experience you describe makes sense.

:alien:

You actually have quite a nice balance of squares and flowing aspects so there is no reason to worry that you don’t have enough difficulty in life.
7th ruler needs a little help to make better contact with your personal planets; Venus has separated from a square and Mars has passed orb of sextile, but Mercury is still within orb of the sextile to Saturn and will give you help.

Yes, definetly feeling those moon squares and venus square saturn. However, I read that you don't really notice your trines, while sextiles need effort to produce their fruits. I've noticed my mind becoming very precise & organized in the last few years which I think is a result of writing every single day. Cool to see the Mercury Sextile Saturn becoming prominent in my psyche. Now to make use of those ridiculous jupiter trines to Uranus, Neptune & North Node.

Regards:smile:

Gemini888

My NN confuses me, it seems to be asking contradictory things. I don't know what to do with capricorn 7th, NN 7th sexile venus, trine Jupiter, conjunct uranus. Asking for help is something I don't do enough, I have five older siblings but I try not to burden them or others with my problems, I think most people are making it up(life) as they go along anyway.
I think your NN is pretty straightforward, with such a high concentration of other planets in 7H. Your NN doesn't seem to be at odd with many things on your chart (trines Jupiter, sextile Venus). The message is pretty clear.

I have a harder time understanding my NN. It inconjuncts my Sun and opposite my Venus. So if I'm to go for it I'll be pulled into... other directions :whistling:

Do you write Fiction? How are you finding your journey as a writer?

I think my mercury aspects suggest some talent, those aspects you mentioned.... mercury in the 6th, merc jupiter mutual reception. However, I think will(Stephen King was rejected 30 times before his first novel was published) is important and presentation (maybe represented by ASC/MC). I don't think I come across as charming, likeable (Sun opp ASC, Pluto Square MC) which is very important for anything that requires the public. So I may have to work extremely hard on my craft but do the Cormac McCarthy/Pynchon thing and completely avoid the limelight and let the work speak for me. First impressions are everything now, the first works have to be exceptional.

Yes, I write fictions. I have a T-square with Saturn/Merc/Chiron and Jupiter/Merc opposition. My Merc is also retrograde. I also have Neptune on MC. You're right that we have to go through several rejections before seeing our work come to light. That's why Saturn is important here. And you also needs Saturn to keep on working even when you don't feel like working anymore. Not sure about being likeable though. I have Sun/Pluto opposition and I think charm is just something you learn to acquire rather than a natural thing. And yeah first work has to be good, but if you just sit there and wish your work would be exceptional you won't actually do anything. I'd say **** perfectionism and just do the best that you can.

I have written about 5 plays and I am working on my first novel. The plays are personal dealing with subjects such as; domestic violence, break down in relationships between siblings, death, OCD etc. My novel is examination of the far right, I am not very political but it seems humans have a love/hate relationship with democracy, running to a strongman once they get a little uncomfortable. I'm aiming to have my first play produced first 1/4 of 2020 as I approach my first saturn return and novel by the end of next year (although I know the publishing industry moves slowly). Also doing research into the whole climate issue, I paid attention to it casually but recently created a file to build up a knowledge base for a potential Sci Fi.
With Sag sun/Aries Moon you may want to rock the world up a little with extreme opinion. But we all need to balance our opinion with other people's view, especially when your SN is on your Asc. Sometimes we can fall into the trap of rebelling without a cause. You can write about whatever you want, but when it's time for editing and stuff, you got to listen to your editor and make necessary changes.

greybeard

Well, by golly, Cancer rising and Moon Singleton East ( and handle of a bucket pattern, with an exceeding right-hand leaning). Do you think Moon ln Aries maybe stands out in this chart?

For starters.

Ficciones91

Well, by golly, Cancer rising and Moon Singleton East ( and handle of a bucket pattern, with an exceeding right-hand leaning). Do you think Moon ln Aries maybe stands out in this chart?

For starters.

Yes, my Moon is obviously very important. I think the 11th house placement aspecting uranus & neptune in the 7th, pluto in the 6th complicates the Moon placement. My unconscious is not very me orientated.

For starters? more standing out to you?

Thanks

Ficciones91

I think your NN is pretty straightforward, with such a high concentration of other planets in 7H. Your NN doesn't seem to be at odd with many things on your chart (trines Jupiter, sextile Venus). The message is pretty clear.

I have a harder time understanding my NN. It inconjuncts my Sun and opposite my Venus. So if I'm to go for it I'll be pulled into... other directions :whistling:

I have done nothing to serve my North Node this year, I may use the nodal axis as the core or part of my new year resolutions, finding ways to move forward that speak to it. I think trines & sextiles to the north node work a bit differently than to planets in the chart. A Trine to the Node portends what might open up to you, if you walk the path your destiny necessitates, while a Trine to your Sun or Moon is just an innate part of you period.

True, wouldn't want an opposition on my NN but venus is not the most disruptive planet. Inconjuncts on the NN must cause some trepidation, move towards your destiny insuring tension/difficulty of your innermost self.

I've read some interesting work on Karmic/Evolutionary Astrology, where the Nodal Axis is central to the chart. Apparently(if you believe in reincarnation) the aspects to the nodes tell us if we have been progressing our last few lives or stagnating or in rare cases regressing e.g. Squares, especially to Pluto suggest there are lessons we have skipped in previous incarnations that we need to solve in the current lifetime.

Yes, I write fictions. I have a T-square with Saturn/Merc/Chiron and Jupiter/Merc opposition. My Merc is also retrograde. I also have Neptune on MC. You're right that we have to go through several rejections before seeing our work come to light. That's why Saturn is important here. And you also needs Saturn to keep on working even when you don't feel like working anymore. Not sure about being likeable though. I have Sun/Pluto opposition and I think charm is just something you learn to acquire rather than a natural thing. And yeah first work has to be good, but if you just sit there and wish your work would be exceptional you won't actually do anything. I'd say **** perfectionism and just do the best that you can.

You write Fiction. Sci Fi, Literary, Horror/Supernatural etc?

Neptune on the MC sounds fascinating, how do you experience that? I would assume creating is like oxygen. I remember vividly in school there was a girl who was amazing at drawing, she scribbled something randomnly on a notebook and another student said "even your scribbles are beautiful & elegant"..... That placement evokes such naturalness.

I'm beginning to develop a fondness for Saturn as I approach my first Saturn return, seeing it more and more.

Interesting on charm, do you think anyone who is at least neurotypical could learn charm if they simply made the choice? I've been reading a book Psycho Cybernetics which suggest that our self image/perception is not a futile mask it really becomes who we are.

Perfectionism: Yeah none of my favourite writers seem to be perfectionist. However, I think the best work is a dance between slow methodical work and periods dominated by intuitive leaps of varying intensity(depending on the artist).

With Sag sun/Aries Moon you may want to rock the world up a little with extreme opinion. But we all need to balance our opinion with other people's view, especially when your SN is on your Asc. Sometimes we can fall into the trap of rebelling without a cause. You can write about whatever you want, but when it's time for editing and stuff, you got to listen to your editor and make necessary changes.

I think I have an anarchist streak in me, reading a lot about revolutions at the moment. Yet your spot on, I'm at the age where listening and cooperation is something I recognize as something healthy to court not just a tool to get by.

Regards

Ficciones91

Mine's in the 3rd along with Neptune cazimi.
I rarely get jealous - it's an emotion well described as "incomplete empathy" - but admit to indulging in a bit of it upon seeing your scorpion Pluto focusing all your Sagittarian planets and reading about your daily writing discipline. I've got Pisces SN in 6th.

Sag Stellium in the 3rd with Neptune, are you a braniac? A bit simple(I think creativity & intelligence are very intricately expressed in a chart) but the placement suggests at least someone very in their head.

Jealousy as "Incomplete empathy"(pithy, original *writes in notebook*)

Don't envy me, those placements come with hypochondria and bordeline OCD. However, South Node in the 6th must be quite similar to a stellium there, no?

ahah :) what kind of grad school?

Intelligent Systems/Artificial Intelligence

Maybe it would be good for you?

It would. I'm thinking of beginning a series of photography projects that would give me a reason to travel around the world. Themes would be; Monasteries, burial/funeral practices around the world, urban farming, fishing, pipe organ builders, hermits.....

Sounds depressed. Was he disappointed or prevented from achieving his own ambitions or dreams? Disillusioned / heartbroken?

You are right. He had a tyrannical father himself. He was in the military but not in combat, he did technical work. A few years ago he showed me a business plan for a men soap/grooming company he wanted to create about a decade before I was born. It was very thorough, but the plan fell through. I think he took that resentment out on my mother and older siblings, he was actually relatively lenient on me. He always reminded me of some failed obscure ancient roman soldier/politician; resentful, stoic, machivellian, dutiful and unintentionally funny all at once.

I thought of your agent or an editor assigned by a publisher or something before you answered, but it opens up a little if you include any 9h matters.

I see, ruler of 7th in the 9th, ruler of 9th in the 7th, it makes sense. Older foreigner with some authority over me, hmmm.....

Maybe so, but this is the kind of productive tension required for producing art, especially narrative or dramatic that needs a keen eye and detachment and also some skin in the game to keep you (painfully) honest.

how would this thought experiment regarding NN and planets near setting be for you:
I can trust my partner to tune into some dimension of the zeitgeist that I might feel distant from*

Your right about productive tension. I am realizing the value of that as I get older. I can't think of a writer/artist I really like who has had a serene life, maybe Joyce Carol Oates by her own admission until the successive deaths of her husbands.

Regarding your thought experiment, I like it. The partners I'm inclined to connect with will obviously be more transpersonal types with those placements. However, I wonder if such relationships would be more about getting things done than love dovey, doey eyed self contained love. I think love/romance for its own sake is perhaps incongruent with my path, causing some not all of my blocks(I've comically fumbled rare opportunities).

:sideways:

Ficciones91

Love for its own sake can take many different forms but life needs overlaps, time is naturally limited. Nothing wrong inherently in wanting some more out of a potentially long-term relationship. 7th house, not 5th. You can certainly have doe eyes with productive, fruitful 7h partners. But if the work or goal comes first for you perhaps you’ll curb a tendency to be disillusioned instead of patient and curious. It’s easy to have high expectations of transpersonal planets, but they have to be made familiar through personal ones.

I am not a brainiac exactly, pretty much a sponge in satisfying ecosystems, and a sapiosexual. I’ve never minded it.

6h hypochondria is no fun. Creating a naturally healthy rhythm takes a long time but you still have to manage the excess energy or almost anxiety. You’ve got some techniques?

Sapiosexual........Hearing and reading about this term more frequently lately. Are you drawn to a specific type of intelligence; Visual-Spatial, Mathematical-Logical, Linguistic, Kinesthetic, Musical etc ?

Do you think that maybe in the modern world we are so exposed to each other that we are becoming less impressed by looks. So more subtle traits distinct to an individual, not easily imitated, take precedence over physical attraction.

You’ve got some techniques?

My hypochondria almost killed me in my late teens. My techniques for managing anxiety:
- Sleep without an alarm if you can.
- Take naps when you can.
- Be moderate or completely avoid anything that has a drastic influence on dopamine; masturbation/sex, coffee, alcohol, drugs.
- Understand you traumas, make the subconscious conscious.
- Make peace with your mortality. I've become to believe that true psychological health (although a constant process) eludes you until you face death. Pondering death can make one morbid or more playful.

- Play or learn an instrument. Music is an abstract art, a great channel for feelings, thoughts that are hard to grasp and describe.
- Cold to lukewarm showers.
- Meditation, although mindfulness can become another trap.
- Laugh. Laughning I find to be incredibly healing. I use to fall asleep to George Carlin (his earlier lighthearted material) albums when my anxiety peaked in my late teens.

Last edited:

Gemini888

Sorry, didn't see this until now. I was busy working.

You write Fiction. Sci Fi, Literary, Horror/Supernatural etc?

Neptune on the MC sounds fascinating, how do you experience that? I would assume creating is like oxygen. I remember vividly in school there was a girl who was amazing at drawing, she scribbled something randomnly on a notebook and another student said "even your scribbles are beautiful & elegant"..... That placement evokes such naturalness.

I'm beginning to develop a fondness for Saturn as I approach my first Saturn return, seeing it more and more.

:sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways:

This is my face whenever someone asks me what kind of genre I write.

TBH I have come to accept that I don't have any fixed genre for anything I work on. I just focus on writing a story that fascinates me. As a result there is a lot of genre crossover in my story. My WIP is a romance/horror story with some surreal elements and psychoanalysis stuff, and that's the best that I can do to describe what it is. True to Neptune fashion, you just enjoy the ride and don't try to categorize anything.

Not sticking to any genre gives me a lot of freedom in creating, but I admit that it's a disadvantage when it comes to publishing. An average reader needs to know what kind of sh!t they are getting themselves involved in, and a publisher has to meet the demand. I used to be deeply ashamed of writing stories that don't belong anywhere. But then again arthouse movies exist and a lot of them are weirder than anything I can ever cook up, so there is really a market out there for things that defile any categorization. So I just learn to accept the Neptune nature of my journey and stop strangling my creativity. Luckily I've found some potential publishers that accept weird arty stories and I plan to send my manuscript to them when I'm done with my book.

Actually there is a name for the genre that I write though, but the term is rather fluid. It's called "literary" fiction.

Interesting on charm, do you think anyone who is at least neurotypical could learn charm if they simply made the choice? I've been reading a book Psycho Cybernetics which suggest that our self image/perception is not a futile mask it really becomes who we are.

To me "charm" is really just an ability to connect yourself with people. You just learn to listen to people and show genuine interest in them. Literally every good leader (or leader in general) draw people in by making people think they care for them. I agree that there is some element of "fake it till you make it", but there needs to be a balance between your need and others' need. You don't have to agree with everything, just don't say things you know there's no point in saying.

Interesting how you use the word "neurotypical". Why do you choose that word?

Perfectionism: Yeah none of my favourite writers seem to be perfectionist. However, I think the best work is a dance between slow methodical work and periods dominated by intuitive leaps of varying intensity(depending on the artist).

Yeah, it's a must that you have to get yourself some working method to get things going. They don't talk about outlines and character profiles for nothing. I think it's a greatly misunderstood aspect of art creating. Yeah, I've seen people who just sit there and cook things up out of the blue, like that girl you talked about. But you have to go beyond that level if you want to create good work. And slow work gets boring sometimes, just like Saturn :biggrin:

Ficciones91

Those are super solid anxiety management techniques. I can appreciate tips like this that are earned honestly.

Is the anxiety connected directly to hypochondria? Cause most of them make sense for me too and I would call my own anxiety more existential than hypochondriac.

Is it possible that strict avoidance of sex or masturbation could complicate your feelings about partnership?

All types of intelligence inspire a certain kind of reverence in me -- like I could watch Steph Curry bend his wrist alllll day -- but it's only a few that I know what to do with or engage with, and attraction has to be deepened by engagement imo. I'll leave it to you to analyze the increasing prevalence of people admitting to attraction to intellect, since you seem to be of the digital native age.

I would say the anxiety comes from a triumvate of trauma, hypochondria and to a lesser extent existential concerns. I think it's a bit different for everyone. When my anxiety was at its worst between 16-19, I sensed pretty quickly it was unresolved trauma. Doctors couldn't make sense of my symptoms, I realized I was finally processing the emotions, that had bubbled under the surface since early childhood; Violent Father, helpless Mother, much of childhood spent in hospital due to birth injury etc I would say the trauma and hypochondria together made me face death and accept impermanence.

What are your existential concerns, if you can be specific?

I feel like I have outgrown masturbation, it just feels like diminishing returns at this point. Sex in a loving relationship of course can be great and nourishing, but you can't summon such relationships from thin air, leaving casual sex. Casual sex is unreliable, either you have a ****buddy or one night stand. The former might find a relationship and leave, the latter leaves you constantly chasing the next encounter and you bcome hooked on that high. I don't know, I find the question of sex tricky. Also I read Simone De Beauvoir this summer The Second Sex, making reconsider certain things.....

Ficciones91

Sorry, didn't see this until now. I was busy working.

:sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways:

This is my face whenever someone asks me what kind of genre I write.

I have come to accept that I don't have any fixed genre for anything I work on. I just focus on writing a story that fascinates me. As a result there is a lot of genre crossover in my story. My WIP is a romance/horror story with some surreal elements and psychoanalysis stuff, and that's the best that I can do to describe what it is. True to Neptune fashion, you just enjoy the ride and don't try to categorize anything.

From your interesting description the following writers come to mind; Edgar Allan Poe, Bronte Sisters(Wuthering Heights),Dostoevsky and Samuel Beckett.

Not sticking to any genre gives me a lot of freedom in creating, but I admit that it's a disadvantage when it comes to publishing. An average reader needs to know what kind of sh!t they are getting themselves involved in, and a publisher has to meet the demand. I used to be deeply ashamed of writing stories that don't belong anywhere. But then again arthouse movies exist and a lot of them are weirder than anything I can ever cook up, so there is really a market out there for things that defile any categorization. So I just learn to accept the Neptune nature of my journey and stop strangling my creativity. Luckily I've found some potential publishers that accept weird arty stories and I plan to send my manuscript to them when I'm done with my book.

The industry wants conformity but when you embrace your identity you become the standard and the industry adapts and begin looking for the next Gemini888 etc

Actually there is a name for the genre that I write though, but the term is rather fluid. It's called "literary" fiction.

"Literary fiction" seems to be my bit of the sandpit as well. In my late teens & early 20s I thought I was a crime/mystery author in the vein of luminaries such as;Elmore Leonard, Dashiel Hammett, Patricia Highsmith. I think when your patient your style and focus finds you.

To me "charm" is really just an ability to connect yourself with people. You just learn to listen to people and show genuine interest in them. Literally every good leader (or leader in general) draw people in by making people think they care for them. I agree that there is some element of "fake it till you make it", but there needs to be a balance between your need and others' need. You don't have to agree with everything, just don't say things you know there's no point in saying.

I think there are different types of charm. I think people are also drawn to mischief, playfulness, subverting social norms seems to work mysteriously well for some people. Don't know if your political but Do you think Trump is charming? Obama? Elizabeth Warren?

Interesting how you use the word "neurotypical". Why do you choose that word?

I choose the word to signify people who don't meet the baseline level of social acceptibility, due to diagnosed or undiagnosed what some would call disorders (Autism, Aspergers, Tourettes etc) but what I consider alternative cognitive developmental states. I don't know how it was in the past but I find people today are incredibly intolerable to anyone who causes any slight social discomfort, so many don't even get a chance and are subconsciously considered other.....what do you think?

Yeah, it's a must that you have to get yourself some working method to get things going. They don't talk about outlines and character profiles for nothing. I think it's a greatly misunderstood aspect of art creating. Yeah, I've seen people who just sit there and cook things up out of the blue, like that girl you talked about. But you have to go beyond that level if you want to create good work. And slow work gets boring sometimes, just like Saturn :biggrin:

I like to allow characters and themes to emerge organically, so I write without outlines, do you have some kind of habitual creative process that works for you?:wink:

Gemini888

The industry wants conformity but when you embrace your identity you become the standard and the industry adapts and begin looking for the next Gemini888 etc
Let's hope that will be the case with my 10H Uranus :whistling:

Literary fiction" seems to be my bit of the sandpit as well. In my late teens & early 20s I thought I was a crime/mystery author in the vein of luminaries such as;Elmore Leonard, Dashiel Hammett, Patricia Highsmith. I think when your patient your style and focus finds you.
So what kind of genre have you settled down with? I also used to be very obsessed with mystery, but I gradually realized that I don't have the ability to construct a good enough mystery and my detectives tend to become walking cliches. Currently I'm better at writing arty things. Could be my real style.

I think there are different types of charm. I think people are also drawn to mischief, playfulness, subverting social norms seems to work mysteriously well for some people. Don't know if your political but Do you think Trump is charming? Obama? Elizabeth Warren?
What constitutes charm also varies from person to person. Some people view sincerity as charm, while others are drawn to confidence. I don't want to go into politics too much, but I don't like Trump's way of talking. I think he mistakes sincerity for rudeness. He may be saying exactly what he's thinking, but he doesn't consider anyone else.

I like to allow characters and themes to emerge organically, so I write without outlines, do you have some kind of habitual creative process that works for you?:wink:
I do allow my characters and stories to unfold by itself. But at one point I will have all the important plot points and I will write the entire story down somewhere. This is my "outline". The story is basically finished at that point. Now all I need is sit down and write, using the outline as a meter gauge to measure where I'm at in the story. That's one Saturn aspect of my working process.

Ficciones91

Childhood in the hospital due to birth trauma - ouch.
Didn't catch that but it could explain Pluto sitting in H6, with that regenerative capacity you must be alive after something that would have killed someone else.
Were you there for a long time?

From birth I was there intermittently. I was pulled out prematurely and wasn't breathing afer the delivery, so spent my first few weeks on a oxygen machine, lucky to be a alive, lucky to escape brain damage. However the nerves on my right side of my body were damaged, so I had multiple operations for the first 10 years of my life to maximize mobility on the upper right side of the body, the last one just after 9/11. It does explain the condition of the 6th house somewhat. After the final operation I had physiotherapy until I was about 16 and they would introduce me to older people who had gone through similar birth trauma. Physiologically I recovered as best as one can.

Also, I didn't catch 'helpless mother' from your chart. Do you see her there?

Maybe 'helpless' is unfair and too strong. She is a Pisces Sun, Cancer Moon. She is actually quite resilient in terms of how she deals with difficult situations, but she tends to paint herself as a victim in even small ways which can get tiring. She is one of those people who is so emotionally intelligent that she crosses the thin line into manipulation.

She was kicked out of the house onto the street at 15 by her older sisters, her father was killed when she was a child, my father abused her infront of me. Despite this everyone in the extended family relies on her in some way, so she maintains contact with people who victimized her and I think she has developed a subtle power due to this. Maybe the exact Moon inconjunct Pluto shows this. She's a confusing figure for me, I understand my father to a greater extent, there are less layers to him.

One too many experiences that make me wonder what the point of life is, besides kindness. Everything has a cost. You know that Zen story "maybe so, maybe not"? I mean... how can you live like that?

Late stage capitalism, modern love?

I feel like this often, however I think the epochs of human civilization develop a life of their own. So for example The Renaissance wasn't just a phase in history when x,y & z happened, the epoch itself has a distinct life and intention beyond our own needs and feeling. I guess we are in the information age with vestiges of the post industrial age.

I sense that any advance in how we treat each other, cooperation etc will come on the other side of a global cataclysm. We're going to learn the hard way that cooperation is a necessity not a choice, by exploring all permutations of this zero sum game.

Part of me wants to retreat into the countryside, another part of me feels this is the wrong era for a young person to hide. As faith in institutions fall, old democracies show their fragility, participation may never be more important. As corporations absolutely plunder the world's finite resources and land a quiet Zen life may not even be possible in the future.

Have you ever been interested in Astrocartography/Relocation Astrology?

Unreliable sure, though I would have gone further and called it yucky. Anything salient from The Second Sex?

I feel yucky towards casual sex too but it's the norm in my generation, it seems people of my generation are more comfortable with sex with a stranger than geniunely getting to know someone.

"Man is defined as a human being and woman as a female – whenever she behaves as a human being she is said to imitate the male."

The book made me reconsider how I interact with women. The girl you fancy might not want to be a wife or girlfriend, maybe she wants to be an astronaut.....Historically we have not treated women as people with internal lives and concerns that have nothing to do with a man. Our fantasies often take the form of some passive figure receptive to all our desires and needs. I think is why men take rejection so badly. I'm not sure many men have read the book but they should, Simone De Beauvouir herself seems to be demystifying women.

I think this connects to the casual sex thing. There is a tension between what is biologicaly innate and what is sociologically developed between the genders and we are figuring that out now.

I try to detach from my immediate desire, when I'm interacting with someone I am attracted to and just be objective, friendly and neutral. I think a certain kind of man depending on the woman can kind of just put himself out here directly unapologetically. I think this is another thing that men get frustrated with and build resentment. They look at what other men can do and feel entitled to the same response, instead of dealing with their path in life.

Ficciones91

Let's hope that will be the case with my 10H Uranus :whistling:

So what kind of genre have you settled down with? I also used to be very obsessed with mystery, but I gradually realized that I don't have the ability to construct a good enough mystery and my detectives tend to become walking cliches. Currently I'm better at writing arty things. Could be my real style.

Excuse the late response:wink:

I'm writing mostly literary and science fiction, also dramatic plays. However I am interested in going out outside of my comfort zone. I have a fantasy idea and a musical idea. Also would love to create a graphic novel or do the writing for an illustrator in a comic book. I'm not good at mystery also, however I have discovered that subtle complexed character studies can be as compelling and page turners.

Who are your most important literary influences?

What constitutes charm also varies from person to person. Some people view sincerity as charm, while others are drawn to confidence. I don't want to go into politics too much, but I don't like Trump's way of talking. I think he mistakes sincerity for rudeness. He may be saying exactly what he's thinking, but he doesn't consider anyone else.

I try to avoid politics too but Trump is very psychologically interesting his psyche and the way people respond to him.

The issue is I think his supporters take his rudeness as sincerity. I think he's speaking to america's id/subconscious that's why the reaction to him is so polarized between extreme hate and love. His trade war is hurting farming and manufacturing but they still support him because he speaks to the I'm sorry complicated mythology of america's past greatness.

The idea of the american dream and the beloved constitution may be the things that destroy america as politicians use these respective pillars, the former abstract, the latter concrete to manipulate americans for their own gain. Who's life is actually improving outside the 1%. Yes but enough politics....

I do allow my characters and stories to unfold by itself. But at one point I will have all the important plot points and I will write the entire story down somewhere. This is my "outline". The story is basically finished at that point. Now all I need is sit down and write, using the outline as a meter gauge to measure where I'm at in the story. That's one Saturn aspect of my working process.

Interesting..... Researching the methods of numerous writers, it seems everyone has their own method. I wish I could be as organized, my mind is very organized and I have a very thorough retentive memory but externally I'm a bit chaotic, to the point that I have embraced it.

Do you write longhand drafts or straight to software, Microsoft Word, Scrivener etc ?:smile:

Ekonomist13

Your topic of writing being deaths and diseases are in agreement with Saturn (which indicates hard work and delays in success) being placed in you 8th (marka-death) house.

Jupiter in the 4th house indicates short travels, deep mind and early housing and transport achievement. It's happy in that house and is aspecting your 7th house of marriage, partnership and GLORY. Neptune and Uranus there indicate your "Uranian" personality when it comes to your marriage and partnerships. Neptune gives you imagination, which combiend with your Cancer ascendant make you introvert and idealistic. At the same time, mixing with some vedic astrology, it could imply that those qualities are exactly the ones to bring you glory.

Your Mercury and Mars are both badly placed, and in the 6th house of work colleagues and enemies. It might be your intelligence and attitude towards them which make you hate those kinds of jobs involving working with colleagues.

However, your saturn is in aquarius, where it's happy and sad at the same time. The aspects are not looking good for immediate glory, but rather you should spend some of your intense energy and imagination in expanding your social network, as the chart indicates it could help you in your goals of becoming a successful writer, after the age of 32.

Personally, I think people are afraid of your. You strike as overly intelligent, overly critical of others, even though you have nothing in your chart and personality resembling it. It's just your attitude or first impression. You just have a different vision of the world and seeing as not many people seem to share it, you're trapped in yourself - even though that's where you should be to succeed, it will hardly come without knowing people who can help you achieve that.

Moris

Dear Reclusive Sagittarius,

Looking at your astrological chart, the chart of a writer, it is very plausible to me that your ascendant could be 29 degrees Gemini - so just a matter of less than ten minutes variation in birth time -- this would shift the ruler from Moon-(ruler of the sign Cancer sign of home-makers) to Mercury (ruler of the sign Gemini - sign of writers); your seventh house would then be 29 Sagittarius on the cusp, again shifting the emphasis from Saturn (ruler of the sign of Capricorn - sign of business folks and bosses) to Jupiter (ruler of the sign of Sagittarius - sign of philosophers and travelers).

29th degree of a sign correlates with indecision, being that the energies of the sign (and points and planets at that degree) are simultaneously holding on and letting go....just a thought.

Best wishes,

Moris

Ficciones91

Ohhhhh dude.
I don't really want to respond here because though there's anonymity there is something preferable about PM if discussing sensitive subjects. I've studied and worked with perinatal psychology a bit and had some of the best teachers around. Would you mind if I send you a PM about the birth trauma part of your post?

Regarding some of the other points: Did you extrapolate all those particular positions from the minimal lead I gave you, or have you read my posts elsewhere on the site? Nice musings.

Astrocartography - it is interesting. I've played with the available tools and looked at relocation charts but haven't been super conscious in using them to move. In my generation (meaning before a huge number of people were accustomed to displaced electronically available information) geography had its own kind of overwhelming reality independent of how it might show up in your chart. That said I think for people with a stellium relocation probably makes a huge difference. Are you considering it?

The sex thing I feel is quite connected to the birth trauma issue but I do want to mention that there are a LOT of people in your generation who are uncomfortable with the trend of casual sex -- enough of them to be more than a subculture. They probably don't speak about it, though that's understandable it's unfortunate.

Sure, you can send a PM. Didn't even know Perinatal Psychology was a thing.

Thanks. I did mainly extrapolate that from your lead, I may read into thing a bit too much. I've read one other post, within this subforum.

Well I've always overlooked it, but I decided to draw up a chart on Astro.com out of curiosity and I was startled to say the least by what I found. I have no lines close to where I was born, raised and still live. Apparently this should be interpreted as a neutral location for me.

- I have a Sun/Ac line going just above Vancouver,BC.

- I have two close lines with Uranus/Ac, Neptune/Ac, Moon Node/Ac line going directly through Los angeles & San Diego. From my limited research transersonal power lines can be invigorating yet disorientating if you have those planets on angles. Also a Venus/MC line inbetween Tuscon,AZ & El Paso which is interesting. Absolutely nothing near or around New York, the only city I've seriously idealized in North America.

- Sun/Dc line directly through Bordeaux into Barcelona, the aspects are all pleasant on this line.

- Uranus/Dc line going straight through Prague then into Vienna. I have many lines going through Germany, Central/Eastern Europe, Balkans.

- The most startling placements were in South America. Sun/Mc going through Northern Argentina city Salta in Zenith with the little circle. I have three lines in Brazil all in Zenith. One directly on Sao Paulo Moon Node/Mc apparently the most powerful placement for career worldly success and where you should discover your destiny, also a Uranus/Mc line in Sao Paulo then Neptune, Mars and Sun in Zenith.

- In Rio De Janeiro I have Neptune/MC then Uranus, Moon's Node, Saturn, Mars, Mercury all in Zenith. This is supposedly great for spirituality, mysticism and art. I also have a line between these two major cities with similar placements.

I have been researching potential places to move to for a few years. I might do a professional reading towards the end of the year to get a clear, detailed picture of all of this. However, I feel the need to also put one foot infront of the other and make some small gains where I am, I still feel it's a great place to become established. Long term.....I'm almost certain I will move and settle in another country. I just feel it.

Regarding Sex, yes I think trauma has played a role though I have little to no negative charge around this issue anymore - as I did up to my early 20s. I had a kind of spontaneous awakening, what some would call a Kundalini experience almost 6 years ago that made me embrace a more holistic perspective, which in turn took the sting out of my 'problems'. I still want to develop and thrive with such earthly matters.

It seems you need to have the casual sex to get to the relationship with my generation. I would love to have some intense, long term relationship but maybe I have to embrace today's context. I think we are going through a collective reevaluation of needs and desires, maybe it's just a cycle that needs to play itself out. Perhaps it's not directly about the sex but the need to feel desired and feel empowered chasing the seemingly unattainable. The only people married from my school days are strictly religious. However NN in the 7th house doesn't have to mean marriage and romantic relationships, it could mean mentorship, creative collaboration or business partnership - so that evolutionary drive can be fulfilled in that way.

Last edited:

Harmelia

It'd be very helpful to have your birth date, birth time and birth city so people can pull up your chart on their computers so it's easier to read.

I will give you some thoughts on your nodes if you do! Thanks.