Mars in Cancer.. hard placement for relationships??

Ambitious

Mars in Cancer is difficult because these people avoid confrontation and direct communication. Mars in Cancer people are super sensitive and demand that people read their minds. But people are not mind readers.Relationships can go through a lot of chaos if they don't voice their feelings and assert themselves when they feel hurt. They just let it bottle up and explode like a nuclear bomb later on vaporizing the person they love.

I have Mars in Cancer

Nope. Not at all true for me. I am direct; say what I mean, mean what I say and I appreciate directness from others. I have been known to tell others to " tell me what you want, what do you mean by that?, I can't read your mind ( even though sometimes I can lol). Again, I think it depends on the individual chart and the aspects made within it- mine seems so much more difficult, complicated than my siblings'.

Jehan

I was thinking deeply about this thread yesterday while in communion with the oceans current. Mars is in Cancer in my chart as well and For those of you who are aware, Mars is the ruler of the root chakra within. It is the primary driving force of life and when it's ruler is the moon it can be a very powerful instinctual force to be reckoned with, so I agree with A few above that there is natural inclination towards protecting home and hearth instinctively. I love to cook for those that I love and am most content when I am doing something in effort to make the home comfortable and conducive to a loving environment for family. Yes! I become a bear when you step across the lines and disrespect those I that I love most deeply. I will do whatever it takes in defense. I am not an aggressive person unless I am pushed to the point. I LOVE the ocean and when I am away from it I can't stop feeling it's tidal flow within. Not every Cancerian Mars has this affinity but I do. I am very active and I love to be challenged in sport; A Mars in Cancer placement is prominent in many great athletes charts. However,With that being said; How one "fires off" when excited certainly depends on where the moon is located in the chart and the aspects received, but for me when I get angry I focus on working on something as if I am purposefully putting that energy into a productive role as Mars would be in Capricorn. It all depends on ones awareness level, and whether they are cognizant of the damage that they can do when they instinctively react. One other thing worth mentioning is that I find that her 12th part placement is important to reflect on when doing a synthesis of any chart with Mars in this sign. One planetary placement can not determine whether a certain aspect in one's life is doomed for failure.

Last edited:

AppLeo

Nope. Not at all true for me. I am direct; say what I mean, mean what I say and I appreciate directness from others. I have been known to tell others to " tell me what you want, what do you mean by that?, I can't read your mind ( even though sometimes I can lol). Again, I think it depends on the individual chart and the aspects made within it- mine seems so much more difficult, complicated than my siblings'.

Okay... Maybe you think you're direct when you aren't. When you ask people for direct answers they probably don't even tell you or understand because is opposes your Mars energy. Besides, it's not about asking people what they want; it's about telling people what you want. Like right there, that's a Mars in Cancer problem.

Literally everything I said about Mars in Cancer would be found on a decent website or astrology book and, yet, like 4 people are telling me that I totally got it wrong. Sorry, I don't make up the rules.

Here I have multiple examples:

http://prntscr.com/c2qfnn Cafe Astrology
http://prntscr.com/c2qgbx Alwaysastrology
http://prntscr.com/c2qhsh Southflorida

Aspects definitely play a major role, though. But don't tell me my Mars in Cancer explanation is wrong because it doesn't fit you. Either you need to stop believing in astrology because you disagree with its explainations, or realize that my description is clearly not going to include your Mars aspects. But that is Mars in Cancer on a soul level.

I don't understand how having a chart more difficult than siblings has anything to do with it.

greeneye

I was thinking deeply about this thread yesterday while in communion with the oceans current. Mars is in Cancer in my chart as well and For those of you who are aware, Mars is the ruler of the root chakra within. It is the primary driving force of life and when it's ruler is the moon it can be a very powerful instinctual force to be reckoned with, so I agree with A few above that there is natural inclination towards protecting home and hearth instinctively. I love to cook for those that I love and am most content when I am doing something in effort to make the home comfortable and conducive to a loving environment for family. Yes! I become a bear when you step across the lines and disrespect those I that I love most deeply. I will do whatever it takes in defense. I am not an aggressive person unless I am pushed to the point. I LOVE the ocean and when I am away from it I can't stop feeling it's tidal flow within. Not every Cancerian Mars has this affinity but I do. I am very active and I love to be challenged in sport; A Mars in Cancer placement is prominent in many great athletes charts. However,With that being said; How one "fires off" when excited certainly depends on where the moon is located in the chart and the aspects received, but for me when I get angry I focus on working on something as if I am purposefully putting that energy into a productive role as Mars would be in Capricorn. It all depends on ones awareness level, and whether they are cognizant of the damage that they can do when they instinctively react. One other thing worth mentioning is that I find that her 12th part placement is important to reflect on when doing a synthesis of any chart with Mars in this sign. One planetary placement can not determine whether a certain aspect in one's life is doomed for failure.

A lot of this rings true to me....

I am competitive especially at games, I really want to win.. and I always challenge my kids with that competitive streak..

I like a deep connection, I am good at reading the subtleties in others so maybe there is an aspect of wanting others to be able to do the same for me and then feeling disappointed if they don't but I will happily say that to someone.. but hey, I'm still learning and part of understanding our astrology chart is seeing our strengths and qualities and using them in the best way..

Some really positive thought provoking responses for me here, I really appreacitate it, and starting to view this placement in a different light thanks all

Kitchy

Banned

Jehan, yours is a lovely perspective on Mars in Cancer. I personally (no bias intended ;) ) find it to be one of the most effective Mars' in placement. Mars in Cancer may not go after everything they want, but they go after everything they NEED. Which to me, is an effective Mars, because we usually get it when it's important enough to us.

It's interesting what you say about athletes - I was an athlete in school and college - volleyball, tennis & badminton - and though my skills were average or slightly above average - I was one of the most competitive members on the teams. I think successful athletes with Mars in Cancer are willing to work harder, practice longer and never give up the fight - because somewhere deep inside of us is a tenacity that is un-met by most other signs.

I say this earnestly, with a 0'Mars retrograde Cancer, even! I've been told by some astrologers that my Mars is weak, barely aspected in my chart (only one: trine to Chiron/SNode in 8th) and that its lack of relationship to any planets in my chart renders it all but useless.

Ha!

Ambitious

Okay... Maybe you think you're direct when you aren't. When you ask people for direct answers they probably don't even tell you or understand because is opposes your Mars energy. Besides, it's not about asking people what they want; it's about telling people what you want. Like right there, that's a Mars in Cancer problem.

I answered this by stating in my first sentence that I say what I mean and mean what I say which implies directness and that I am able to communicate what I want.

Literally everything I said about Mars in Cancer would be found on a decent website or astrology book and, yet, like 4 people are telling me that I totally got it wrong. Sorry, I don't make up the rules.

I don't believe that there are hard and fast rules in astrology- didn't say you were wrong; one good or bad planet placement does not a chart make. What I stated was that certain things about this placement were not true for me; not everyone with the same placement can be painted with the same broad brush.

Aspects definitely play a major role, though. But don't tell me my Mars in Cancer explanation is wrong because it doesn't fit you. Either you need to stop believing in astrology because you disagree with its explainations, or realize that my description is clearly not going to include your Mars aspects. But that is Mars in Cancer on a soul level.

Again, having a different opinion or experience on a subject does not make you wrong- none of us are wrong if that is truly our experience and our experiences can be based our individual charts and how these aspects/placements play out in our lives. I understand this and don't tend to take these things too personally- that is my Mars placement on a soul level.

I don't understand how having a chart more difficult than siblings has anything to do with it.

I mentioned individual charts and used comparison between mine and my siblings' to possibly explain how different aspects can render different results (my siblings having more trines or unaspected Mars for example).

AppLeo

I answered this by stating in my first sentence that I say what I mean and mean what I say which implies directness and that I am able to communicate what I want.

I don't believe that there are hard and fast rules in astrology- didn't say you were wrong; one good or bad planet placement does not a chart make. What I stated was that certain things about this placement were not true for me; not everyone with the same placement can be painted with the same broad brush.

Again, having a different opinion or experience on a subject does not make you wrong- none of us are wrong if that is truly our experience and our experiences can be based our individual charts and how these aspects/placements play out in our lives. I understand this and don't tend to take these things too personally- that is my Mars placement on a soul level.

I mentioned individual charts and used comparison between mine and my siblings' to possibly explain how different aspects can render different results (my siblings having more trines or unaspected Mars for example).

Okay...