Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.

Unread 04-16-2021, 05:53 PM

Cutting planet in a bowl chart

Hello. You know how in a bowl chart, the planet that is ascending towards the ascendant, the one that "cuts" into the ascendant and drags the chart towards it, is very important. And, I have a question.

In my own chart, I have planets that occupy the 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. And it's easy to find my cutting planet, which is the very first planet in the 4th house, as it is ascending, and cutting into the ascendant. However, what about a chart that has planets in the 3rd, 2nd, 1st, 12th, 11th, and 10th? My brother has such a chart. And even though the planet located in his 10th house is technically the cutting planet, seeing as how it leads the chart, he also has planets that are literally in his 1st house, and are ascending, in a sense. So I am just wondering in this instance, does he still have a cutting planet, and if yes, which planet should be it?

Thanks.

Last edited by wan; 04-16-2021 at 07:33 PM.

Tags
bowl, chart, cutting, planet