Rough Childhood?

iwatchthesunrise

What impressions do you have with this chart?
Childhood, home life, family, dark side, taboo, etc?

How to heal from it, too?

Childhood?.gif

haidee

Personally I can't see anything that shows traumas in childhood, in fact the Moon/Jupiter conjunction shows an appreciation for their family, or someone who's emotionally attached to their family/home in a positive way.
Out of curiousity though, is this person quite religious? Or was brought up in a religious household?

iwatchthesunrise

Personally I can't see anything that shows traumas in childhood, in fact the Moon/Jupiter conjunction shows an appreciation for their family, or someone who's emotionally attached to their family/home in a positive way.
Out of curiousity though, is this person quite religious? Or was brought up in a religious household?

Are you sure? You'll have to look again at it.
They were brought up Catholic and with strict views, yes.

haidee

No I'm not sure, hahaha. :D I just can't see it myself, but I'm curious. So I'd like to hear what others have to say.

sibylline

A hard aspected Pluto rising...surely the early life wasn't a bed of roses. Mars in 10th squared by Pluto; one or both parents were perceived as dominating/authoritative.

katydid

The chart ruler, Mercury, is in a very tight, applying conjunction with Saturn in Taurus in the 9th. That conjunction is kind of stranded, with no major aspects to any other planets, although it does trine the Ascendant. Mercury tightly conjunct Saturn is very restrictive and repressed energy/

It feels as though the Mercury, the child at adolescence, was wholly dependent upon the paternal authority figure for any kind of connection, input, support. Maybe the family was very strict and kept to themselves? I think the child was expected to believe and accept everything put forth by the family/authority and was not allowed to listen to or accept other points of view.

It seems like there were two distinct types of behavior by the parents. The lunar/emotional parent, perhaps the mom, was giving and supportive and tried to be supportive and loving. But the Jupiter is nearly enveloping the Moon, so it had strings attached, like the child acceptting the teachings of the faith?

But there is an inconjunct to the Sun in Taurus in the 9th. That Taurus grouping of Sun, Saturn and Mercury in the 9th seems like it might represent the father/grandfather/priest. And the inconjunct says that the way the mother is loving and supportive is not similar to the way the father behaves? he may have been repressive and overbearing. And with the exact opposition to Neptune, he may have been out of touch with reality at times as well.

In terms of healing from the past, the native needs to know it was not personal. the negative, cold and distant person was incapable of showing love. It was not that the native was unlovable. :love:

iwatchthesunrise

The chart ruler, Mercury, is in a very tight, applying conjunction with Saturn in Taurus in the 9th. That conjunction is kind of stranded, with no major aspects to any other planets, although it does trine the Ascendant. Mercury tightly conjunct Saturn is very restrictive and repressed energy/

It feels as though the Mercury, the child at adolescence, was wholly dependent upon the paternal authority figure for any kind of connection, input, support. Maybe the family was very strict and kept to themselves? I think the child was expected to believe and accept everything put forth by the family/authority and was not allowed to listen to or accept other points of view.

Yeah, restricted and repressed energy.
The family was indeed strict and kept to themselves, mostly.
Their points of views, yup.

It seems like there were two distinct types of behavior by the parents. The lunar/emotional parent, perhaps the mom, was giving and supportive and tried to be supportive and loving. But the Jupiter is nearly enveloping the Moon, so it had strings attached, like the child acceptting the teachings of the faith?

Motherly love felt almost insincere and detached. (Even still, today, after having moved back to native country years ago)
Accepting teachings of faith, certainly.
Homophobic, racist, sexist, etc.

But there is an inconjunct to the Sun in Taurus in the 9th. That Taurus grouping of Sun, Saturn and Mercury in the 9th seems like it might represent the father/grandfather/priest. And the inconjunct says that the way the mother is loving and supportive is not similar to the way the father behaves? he may have been repressive and overbearing. And with the exact opposition to Neptune, he may have been out of touch with reality at times as well.

These are all true.
Also, being out of touch with reality ties into his alcoholism.

In terms of healing from the past, the native needs to know it was not personal. the negative, cold and distant person was incapable of showing love. It was not that the native was unlovable. :love:

Thank you for you insight, analysis, and generosity :love:

Is there anything else here that you can analyze with this chart?
Siblings? Abuse? Sexuality? Orientation?
How self, relationships, family developed/manifested with age?