Can you guess my profession (2)?

Cypocryphy

Chris10 inspired me. Thanks! But I want to see if people can guess what my profession is, and then maybe see what I should have done! :smile: I think I might have chosen the wrong profession given my planetary arrangement.

For those of you who already know, please keep it a secret. :wink:

CypocryphyII-1.jpg

Attachments

• CypocryphyII.jpg
    CypocryphyII.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 17

chris10

Chris10 inspired me. Thanks! But I want to see if people can guess what my profession is, and then maybe see what I should have done! :smile: I think I might have chosen the wrong profession given my planetary arrangement.

For those of you who already know, please keep it a secret.QUOTE :wink:

I can't be much help as I'm still learning :smile:
I'll just follow this thread and see what others have to say

Last edited:

Cypocryphy

I received an e-mail by a person who did an amazing analysis. This person guessed my job/profession correctly. It's amazing. :smile:

With this person's permission, I will post the analysis.

I'm kind of curious, however, about what others will say. It will be interesting to see if others guess something different. I think this is helpful for interpreting charts regarding what someone is suited for in regards to a profession, career, or job. This typically is what a lot of people want to know about.

Last edited:

Janoe

Teacher??

Saturn rules 3 and is conjunct Moon in 9. That to me seems quite fitting for a teacher. With a Leo MC you enjoy people giving you all their attention :smile:

LovelyNomad7

I'm a beginner so I'm just doing this as a learning experience. Are you a counselor or a therapist? or maybe a Psychology professor? Just guesses.

Cypocryphy

Teacher??

Saturn rules 3 and is conjunct Moon in 9. That to me seems quite fitting for a teacher. With a Leo MC you enjoy people giving you all their attention :smile:

LovelyNomad7 said:
I'm a beginner so I'm just doing this as a learning experience. Are you a counselor or a therapist? or maybe a Psychology professor? Just guesses.

Ha. I wont' say yet, one way or another, because it will skew other's interpretation. But I will PM you the answer. Then you can go back over your work and see. :smile:

Zuri

WHAT YOUR HOUSE RULERSHIPS & PLANETARY POSITIONS SUGGEST

Your house rulerships appear to be all over the place, so you have possibly had multiple careers.

Religion-Related Career (4 indicators): 3rd House / House of Communications cusp ruler (Capricorn=Saturn) is in the 9th House / House of Philosophy. Your thoughts & communication may involve religion (a 9th House matter).

4th House / House of Home & Family cusp ruler (Aquarius=Uranus) is in the 12th House / House of Self-Undoing, which includes the unconscious. You possibly get emotional security from spiritual matters.

6th House / House of Health cusp (Aries=Mars) is in the 9th House / House of Philosophy. The 6th House also rules work environment, so you may be involved in a religious field.

9th House / House of Philosophy cusp (Cancer=Moon) is also in the 9th House. Thus, a strong theist.

Higher Education-Related Career (3 indicators): 3rd House / House of Communications cusp ruler (Capricorn=Saturn) is in the 9th House / House of Philosophy. Your career may be related to college students (9th House matter).

6th House / House of Health cusp (Aries=Mars) is in the 9th House / House of Philosophy. The 6th House also rules work environment, so you may be involved in educating college students (9th House matter).

9th House / House of Philosophy cusp (Cancer=Moon) is also in the 9th House. Thus, you may be involved in higher education and/or teaching philosophy.

Travel-Related Career (3 indicators): 3rd House / House of Communications cusp ruler (Capricorn=Saturn) is in the 9th House / House of Philosophy. Your thoughts & communication may involve travel (a 9th House matter).

6th House / House of Health cusp (Aries=Mars) is in the 9th House / House of Philosophy. The 6th House also rules work environment, so you may be involved in a travel-related field.

9th House / House of Philosophy cusp (Cancer=Moon) is also in the 9th House. Thus, you may be involved in travel-related activities.

Communications Career (2 indicators)
: 3rd House / House of Communications cusp ruler (Capricorn=Saturn) is in the 9th House / House of Philosophy. Your career may involve publishing your ideas, educating people about philosophy, or foreign languages (as publishing, philosophy, and travel are 9th House matters).

6th House / House of Health cusp (Aries=Mars) is in the 9th House / House of Philosophy. The 6th House also rules work environment, so you may be involved in publishing or advertising.

Helping Profession (2 indicators): 2nd House / House of Value cusp ruler (Sagittarius=Jupiter) is in the 7th House / House of Partnerships. You may earn your living from your relationships with others.

Sun is in the 8th House / House of Reincarnation. Many people with this position are in helping professions: social work, nursing, counseling, etc.

Financial Career (2 indicators): 10th House / House of Social Status cusp ruler (Leo=Sun) is in the 8th House / House of Reincarnation, which includes other people's money.

Neptune (creativity) is in the 2nd House / House of Value, and has OK aspects.

In addition to these career choices, a humanitarian/social change career, creative career, recreation-related career, and research career each show up once in your chart.

Cypocryphy

Hey Zuri! Nice analysis. :happy: You really covered all the bases. I'm going to email you the answer, and then you can hone in on it.

I certainly agree that there were other fields I could have gone into. I have many strings to my bow. I suppose it makes this chart difficult. I think when I tell you, however, you'll probably go "Ah ha."

Zuri

VOCATIONAL PROFILING

Drawing from astrologer Noel Tyl's approach:

Your Midheaven (career cusp) is in Leo (drama, ambition), through the ruling planet of the Sun. Your Sun is positioned in Gemini (communication, adaptability) in the 8th House / House of Reincarnation, conjunct Venus in the 7th House / House of Partnerships (often interpreted as being in the 8th House due to its late 7th House position). Sun and Venus are both disposited by Mercury (as both planets are in the sign of Gemini). Sun-Venus conjunction means that social relationships are central to the vocational profile.

Mercury (thoughts & communications) in Taurus squares your Midheaven. Possible blockages or delays in utilizing creative communications in your career. Mercury rules both your 8th House / House of Reincarnation and 11th House / House of Friendships (via Gemini and Virgo, respectively.

Jupiter (expansion) in Taurus squares your Midheaven. Big, creative-oriented ideas about your career. Jupiter rules your 2nd House / House of Value (through Sagittarius).

Uranus in Scorpio quintile Midheaven suggests that you've pioneered a new approach in the midst of doing your career work. Likely doing something that involves exploring the unknown (Scorpio). Uranus rules your 4th House / House of Home & Family (through Aquarius), so emotional security plays a role here.

Neptune in Sagittarius trine Midheaven means that you use your intuition a lot in your career. Possibly also creative. Neptune rules your 5th House / House of Pleasure (through Pisces), which includes creativity.

Chiron (wounded healer) in Taurus trine Midheaven means that you're likely a teacher or healer of some sort, and creatively do this work.

In addition, 7 of your planets lie in the Western Hemisphere, which means that your impulse is to put others' interests before your own.

Vocational Profile: Your career likely involves social relationships at its core, dealing with emotional security, intuition, exploring the unknown, enables you to try new approaches to your work, and teaching or healing, and make decent money in the process. Psychologist? Counselor?

Last edited:

Zuri

Using Noel Tyl's vocational profiling approach, I narrowed it down to psychologist / counselor type. I wonder if I'm right? Let me check my inbox...

tsmall

Premium Member
For profession or calling we want Mars, Mercury and Venus, then to a lesser extent the rest. We want a planet with some dignity at the MC, especially the bound ruler of the MC.

Mars is in the 10th with the MC and is ASC ruler but he is cadent. So something competitive, but in a less physical way.

Mercury is stationing direct, strongly advancing, the bound ruler of the MC in the 7th. Mercury wants something very intellectual, in Taurus to do with possessions or keeping them, or creating ones that will last. Mercury is in Saturn's terms (bounds) and closely sextiles the Moon/Saturn conjunction in 9th--manager, or as others have mentioned teacher.

Venus and Mercury are in mutual reception, in this case generosity because they can't see each other. Venus in Gemini will be attracted to things that are intellectually appealing. In the 8th, with Venus sometimes signifying money, here the money of others.

Jupiter is the most angular planet, and is the bound ruler of the Sun. Jupiter seeks the truth, and is associated more with philosophy and religion. But it is also indicative of the law. Jupiter in this angular position shows commitment to the goal.

Taking all these together, I'm going to go with some sort of investment councilor or lawyer. Financial adviser.

astro_novice

How can you guys be this good at this game?

Here is my two cents:
10th house empty, and so it has to be the ruler of Leo, which is Venus. Since Venus is in 7th/Gemini, I would say it's partnership/marriage counselor. So either you're a marriage counselor or business consultant?

Your 2nd house cusp is at Sagittarius, with Neptune & Part of Fortune, and the ruler Jupiter is also in 7th. I'm guessing that you can easily derive a good income from what you do. Do you sell the "dream" (Neptune) to married couples?

Can I post my children's charts? I have a really difficult time figuring out their professions. Shall I make a new post?

Last edited:

Cypocryphy

Wow. Really interesting reading how everyone came to his or her conclusion. I'm going to write a larger reply later, when I have more time and am not exhausted.

I am an attorney, mediator. Some of you got it. It is really impressive.

Here is what Wames said, which I thought was really good.

Wames said:
You were asking about your profession. I am guessing something pertaining to law, like law enforcement. You have Mars at the bendings (I think it was Lee Lehman that said planets squaring the nodes can indicate one's profession). Mars also rules the 6th in the 10th, two of the work houses. I've also seen quite a few Mars square or opposite Jupiter aspects in angular houses in the charts of cops that I've looked at. And a Jupiter in Taurus gives a fond love of justice. Your MC is in the bounds of Mercury - so Mercury assembled with Jupiter in the 7th in Taurus could indicate something more along the lines of a lawyer, perhaps? With the Sun sextile Mars in the 10th, a government employee? You are capable of rising to positions of responsibility and authority with honors (1st in the 10th - "Finding victory with greatness" as Mashallah puts it). And you have so many wonderful aspects, good planetary integration happening that yours is tough. I even contemplated Venus because of its aspects to Mars and Sun too.

. . . [Lawyer] It was the bounds (aka: terms - I use the Egyptian terms) of the MC in Mercury that sent me in the right direction. With Jupiter (law) present w/ Mercury in the 7th and the 7th also rules lawsuits & public, kinda makes sense. And you have a good Jupiter - in its own bounds, in sect, angular, and strong by planetary phase...becoming stronger even. Ah, your 10th house of POF also leads me to Mercury and 7th house too . . . .

Really good!

I'll follow up on the other posts when I get some time. Thanks for showing your work everyone. I think (hope) this helps everyone.

chris10

Wow. Really interesting reading how everyone came to his or her conclusion. I'm going to write a larger reply later, when I have more time and am not exhausted.

Here is what Wames said, which I thought was really good.

Really good!

I'll follow up on the other posts when I get some time. Thanks for showing your work everyone. I think (hope) this helps everyone.

Found this:
http://astrofix.net/2010/05/09/ruler-of-the-7th-house-in-houses/#ixzz294VxzlV8
“We become a law partner. We negotiate with open enemies.”
When I first saw your chart my initial thoughts were something along the line of psychology, psychiatry since the ruler of your 10th is in the 8th.
The Leo Midheaven with Sun in Gemini made me think you may be a teacher.
I need to practice more on this :smile:

Zuri

How did I miss law?! :surprised: That's a key 9th House occupation, yet for some reason I forgot about it while zeroing in other 9th House occupations -- religion, higher education, travel -- for your chart. It would have been the logical conclusion after later doing your vocational profile, which revealed that you were a teacher, counselor, or healer of some sort. Well, I did guess that you were a counselor (just not a legal one)!

Zuri

Found this:
http://astrofix.net/2010/05/09/ruler-of-the-7th-house-in-houses/#ixzz294VxzlV8
“We become a law partner. We negotiate with open enemies.”
When I first saw your chart my initial thoughts were something along the line of psychology, psychiatry since the ruler of your 10th is in the 8th.
The Leo Midheaven with Sun in Gemini made me think you may be a teacher.
I need to practice more on this :smile:

Interesting that several of us picked up on the teaching piece. Cypocryphy told me that he did aspire to be a teacher/professor at one point...

Cypocryphy

For profession or calling we want Mars, Mercury and Venus, then to a lesser extent the rest. We want a planet with some dignity at the MC, especially the bound ruler of the MC.

This is an interesting approach. You prioritize the planets in relation to everything else and focus on the midheaven.

Mars is in the 10th with the MC and is ASC ruler but he is cadent. So something competitive, but in a less physical way.

Yes. Absolutely. My competitiveness is with self, however. And this is evident, I believe, by the placement of Mars in the the cadent house of self-completion.

Mercury is stationing direct, strongly advancing, the bound ruler of the MC in the 7th. Mercury wants something very intellectual, in Taurus to do with possessions or keeping them, or creating ones that will last. Mercury is in Saturn's terms (bounds) and closely sextiles the Moon/Saturn conjunction in 9th--manager, or as others have mentioned teacher.

Interesting.

Venus and Mercury are in mutual reception, in this case generosity because they can't see each other. Venus in Gemini will be attracted to things that are intellectually appealing. In the 8th, with Venus sometimes signifying money, here the money of others.

I think it is more with the love of a good mystery. I am always after the hidden, that shadow that lurks at the edge of night and skirts away when a light is shined in its direction. The depths of the mind are also a passionate love of mine, the inner workings of all.

Jupiter is the most angular planet, and is the bound ruler of the Sun. Jupiter seeks the truth, and is associated more with philosophy and religion. But it is also indicative of the law. Jupiter in this angular position shows commitment to the goal.

Yes. The law, indeed. But I am also very interested in philosophy and, to some degree, religion, though it would more accurate to say a spiritual inclination.

Taking all these together, I'm going to go with some sort of investment councilor or lawyer. Financial adviser.

Awesome!! :happy: