Random Thoughts, strictly Text

SunConjunctUranus

Rice is healthy. For the poor people there is usually more processed food like fries.

UK is from UK now.

We just usually eat rice with water spinach and anchovy sauteed with chili. It's a typical food for the poor here and I eat food like that every day. Do you know anchovy, right?

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

We just usually eat rice with water spinach and anchovy sauteed with chili. It's a typical food for the poor here and I eat food like that every day. How much money do you spend if you eat per day?

This is why I think rich countries are not necessarily rich because they have processed foods available and richer people eat fresh food like spinach everyday. I don't like anchovies but your rice sounds nice. When do you eat meat?

Everyday is hard to work out, for a week for food I say about £15-20.

SunConjunctUranus

This is why I think rich countries are not necessarily rich because they have processed foods available and richer people eat fresh food like spinach everyday. I don't like anchovies but your rice sounds nice. When do you eat meat?

Everyday is hard to work out, for a week for food I say about £15-20.

Larang e rek rek.

Is £20 to buy food or to buy the ingredients first to be processed? £20 here can be used to eat for a month! Also you will get 4 village chickens and your money is still left.

https://www.google.com/search?q=20+pound+berapa+rupiah&oq=20+pound+berapa+rupiah+&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.6658j0j7&client=ms-android-samsung-gj-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

There are many variations of rice here, ie: uduk rice, fried rice, brown rice, ketupat rice, etc. For meat, try googling for sate and rendang.

What's the typical Brits food?

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Yes I can eat only 1 rice a day.

Can you eat more than 1 are you rich?
rice-proteins.jpg

david starling

Larang e rek rek.

Is £20 to buy food or to buy the ingredients first to be processed? £20 here can be used to eat for a month! Also you will get 4 village chickens and your money is still left.

https://www.google.com/search?q=20+...msung-gj-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

There are many variations of rice here, ie: uduk rice, fried rice, brown rice, ketupat rice, etc. For meat, try googling for sate and rendang.

1 person here, with a healthy home-cooked diet, $10.00-$15.00 a day.

JUPITERASC

Larang e rek rek.

https://www.google.com/search?q=20+...msung-gj-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

bio-fortification-for-enhanced-nutrition-in-rice-by-conventional-and-molecular-approaches-13-638.jpg

our-whole-grain.jpg

Ukpoohbear

Larang e rek rek.

*this was my latest grocery list*

2 Theos Ready Rolled Filo Pastry 250 G £3.70

1 Tesco Butter Me Up Spread 500G £0.95

1 Tesco Whole Cucumber Each £0.55

11 Tesco Carrots Loose £0.72

1 Tesco Watermelon £2.00

3 Tesco British Whole Milk 2.272L, 4 Pints £3.27

1 Tesco Scottish Oats Porridge 1Kg £1.10

1 Hovis Malted Brown Granary Flour 1Kg £2.00

2 Tesco Meat Free Meat Style Burgers 8Pk 454G £3.50

1 Macsween Vegetarian Haggis 454G (L) £3.20

1 Tesco Antibacterial Cleaner Spray 500Ml £0.70

1 Tesco Red Onions Loose £0.21

1 Redmere Farms Green Beans 220G £0.77

1 Tesco Large Free Range Eggs 12 Pack £1.89

1 Tesco British Creme Fraiche 300Ml £1.10

2 Tesco Swiss Style Muesli 1Kg £4.40

2 Tesco Luxury Soft Toilet Tissue 9 Roll Shea Butter £7.00

10 Tesco Bananas Loose £1.40

1 Tesco Red Cherry Washing Up Liquid 450 Ml £0.50

1 Tesco White Chocolate Chips 100G £0.80

1 Tesco Dark Chocolate Chips 100G £0.80

1 Dr.Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract 35Ml £1.30

2 Arla Skyr Mixed With Strawberry Yogurt 450G £3.20

3 Tesco Whole Seed Sliced Loaf 800G £4.05

2 Redmere Farms Sweet Potato 1Kg £1.94

1 Tesco Reduced Salt Soy Sauce 150Ml £0.65

1 Tesco Perfectly Imperfect Mixed Berry 1Kg £3.25

1 Tesco Plums 400G £1.75

2 Mama Instant Whole Grain Rice Vermicelli 225G £3.00

1 Yutaka Miso Paste 100G £1.50

3 Stockwell And Co Baked Beans In Tomato Sauce 420G £0.69

2 Tesco British Medium Cheddar Cheese 460G £4.60

1 Itsu Chilli Miso Noodle Cup 63G £1.00

1 Vivera Veggie Goujons 216G £2.99

1 Tesco Chocolate Brownie Soft Cookies 200G £1.00

1 Redmere Spinach 250G £0.79

Last edited:

SunConjunctUranus

Man, you buy all these stuff at Tesco? There are only 2 operating Tesco in where I am, and ALL the items are subject to approximately 10% tax due to imported goods! What about electricity bills and land and building taxes in UK?

Ukpoohbear

Man, you buy all these stuff at Tesco? There are only 2 operating Tesco in where I am, and ALL the items are subject to approximately 10% tax due to imported goods! What about electricity bills and land and building taxes in UK?

I buy from Tesco because they do home delivery and because I don't drive it saves me walking.

Your food will be fresh and not made with sugar or chemicals like supermarkets do. Do you have to kill chickens yourself? Do you like it? Are there any vegetarians where you live?

Do you stay in Equador?

Electricity bill is £40-50 a month. Cats are £40-50 a month. Tobacco is £20 a month. Weed is £60 a month lol Rent is £350 a month. Wifi is 20 a month. I work as a receptionist in a hotel and I make £8.22 per hour. I work on average 30 hours a week. I do 8 hour shifts, but I only get paid for 7.5 hours because they take 30 minutes for a BREAK I DONT GET.

For breakfast I had a bowl of muesli with whole fat milk and a dollop of strawberry (high-protein) yogurt (DELICIOUS) and for lunch I just had two eggs mashed up with butter and two slices of toast.

Last edited:

SunConjunctUranus

I buy from Tesco because they do home delivery and because I don't drive it saves me walking.

Your food will be fresh and not made with sugar or chemicals like supermarkets do. Do you have to kill chickens yourself? Do you like it? Are there any vegetarians where you live?

Do you stay in Equador?

Electricity bill is £40-50 a month. Cats are £40-50 a month. Tobacco is £20 a month. Weed is £60 a month lol

Wtf? Electricity bill is £40? Cats are subjected to tax too?

Sorry, UK, I'm too alien with the numbers of high taxes like that. Actually the culture here is rather taboo to ask someone's salary but I can't guess how to cover that much goverment demand.

JUPITERASC

I buy from Tesco

because they do home delivery

and because I don't drive it saves me walking.

Do you stay in Equador?

Electricity bill is £40-50 a month. Cats are £40-50 a month. Tobacco is £20 a month. Weed is £60 a month lol Rent is £350 a month. Wifi is 20 a month. I work as a receptionist in a hotel and I make £8.22 per hour. I work on average 30 hours a week. I do 8 hour shifts, but I only get paid for 7.5 hours because they take 30 minutes for a BREAK I DONT GET.

For breakfast I had a bowl of muesli with whole fat milk and a dollop of strawberry (high-protein) yogurt (DELICIOUS) and for lunch I just had two eggs mashed up with butter and two slices of toast.
grocery-delivery-aldi-loves-instacart.jpg

Ukpoohbear

Mediterranean, Mexican, Chinese, soups, salads. Bread, dairy and seafood, but no red meat. Changes from one day to the next. It's a Uranian diet! :smile:

Sounds delicious. I assumed you still had a partner when you mentioned on the forum years ago about meeting your partner who was your ideal woman. It must be a huge change to being on your own. MY respect for you just keeps rising because you never divulge anything but just keep being cool.

Ukpoohbear

Thanks Jup, I didn't know Aldi actually delivered. Could be worth looking into for me. I like the rise of the cheaper European supermarkets giving some competition to the supermarket giants we have here. I shop in Lidl because there is one just around the corner from me.