Lucid dreams, OOBE, and dreams. Are they the same?

1. Are lucid dreams and dreams the same? I mean, can they be interpreted in the same way?

The reason that I ask is because I have always had lucid dreams. It's rare that I have a dream where I'm not totally in control and aware. It seems like if I'm in control, then maybe they can't be interpreted in the same way.

Last edited:

Foxdreams

Hey! I'm new here so I hope you don't mind my reply.

I'm duskenpath over on tumblr and I post a lot about this topic as a general rule so I may have some input.

I personally divide "dreams" into:

-Normal brain activity
-Lucid dream (controlled)
-Predictive dreams (prophecy)
-Astral travel/ OOBE / Astral experiences

So I think everyone is technically capable of having all of the types, but I think the like "dream dictionary" type of psychological things are BEST applied to the dreams in which we aren't in control. I think other dreams can be interpreted, but for example a lucid dream I would think about what conflicts I had once I gained control, or like if the dream kept throwing something at me and I kept avoiding it, I would ponder on that, etc

Interpreting predictive dreams, prophecies and omens is a whole different ballgame in my opinion and can be really hard (I have had predictive prophecy dreams about world catastrophes but they were honestly hard to pinpoint until after the event happened)

And astral experiences are so out there in general and so visually 'thick' since it's the soul basically talking to you unfiltered that I don't think any earthly dictionary will help that much lmao