!!question related to aspects!!

imcool

hello to all respected seniors and members,

What is the center of an aspect ,as we all know that an aspect is angle between two planets so whenever we measure an angle it requires a center point, my question is that an ephemeris says mercury squares Venus at 00:00 GMT then which is third planet or center point from where aspect is measuring , or moon squares sun at 5:00 GMT then what is the center of this lunar aspect and planetery that i given???, i searched a lot but still confused.

thank you

!3*_!un@_!nc*9n!t*

the distance between two points on a circle can be expressed in degrees ..... the relative point you enquire about is the centre of the circle (aka(wheel , chart).

That point represents the position of the Earth.

How's that ??

wilsontc

Staff member
where you were born, to cool

cool,

Lunar Tick said:
That point represents the position of the Earth

Exactly: the center of the chart represents the position on the earth where you were born (i.e., latitude and longitude). The simplest way to understand this is to picture someone standing on the earth in the exact center of the birth location. All the angles are drawn relative to where this person stands on the earth.

Relatively,

Tim

Arian Maverick

As Leo mentioned, all aspects in the geocentric system of astrology are based upon the the angles the planets appear to make to each other from our perspective here on Earth.

The last example you gave of the Moon square the Sun is probably the easiest to understand, since the phases of the Moon correspond with its relative position to the Sun as it revolves around the Earth. The New Moon corresponds to the Sun-Moon conjunction; the First Quarter Moon corresponds to the Sun-Moon square (with the Moon 90 degree ahead of the Sun in the zodiac); the Full Moon corresponds to the Sun-Moon opposition; and the Last Quarter Moon corresponds to the Sun-Moon square (with the Moon 90 degrees behind the Sun in the zodiac). The Moon forms other aspects to the Sun, of course, such as the trine and the sextile, but the dynamic aspects are the easiest to see.

During the New Moon phase, the Moon is still reflecting light from the Sun although it does not appear to be doing so from our perspective. This is confusing at first when you consider the aspect that corresponds with the New Moon phase--the conjunction of the Sun and the Moon; it may be one's natural tendency to assume that this would be the aspect in which the most light from the Sun could be seen. Yet the Sun does not revolve around the Earth, as early astronomers once thought based upon the apparent movement of the Sun rising and setting in the sky, and although one side of the Moon certainly reflects light during the New Moon phase, it is not the side of the Moon that we can see. So during the opposite Full Moon phase, when the Moon is opposite the Sun, we can see the entire surface of the Moon because the Moon has moved into a position in which the side the faces the Earth reflects all of the light of the Sun.

Does my description make any sense, or is this Mercury Retrograde period completely addling my brain? :eek:

A picture can probably explain this phenomenon much better than any words:

SolSysPhases.png

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

!3*_!un@_!nc*9n!t*

Here's another explanation of what Arian said above.

How's that ???

a center point, or moon squares sun at 5:00 GMT then what is the center of this lunar aspect and planetery that i given???, i searched a lot but still confused.

Stand on the place where you were born .........

Then face North ( yes i am serious - i know the words match a popular song)

Point your arm straight at the sun (this may mean pointing to the ground if the sun is on the other side of the Earth i.e night time ....)

Point the other arm out to your side( meaning in the East - west direction) to a point where the angle between your arms is 90deg00 ....

You will now be either .....

1.>pointing at the moon
2.>pointing exactly opposite (180deg00) from the moon.

edited for format