Should G accept the second job?

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Okay folks. This one is a career-related horary question.
Background: This lady is involved in the marketing industry. she works in a partnership, which hasn't been going well lately, either financially or personally. She has reasons to believe the partnership could be suddenly terminated but that is not her question. She has been offered another job, selling for a different, unrelated company. Both jobs can be done from her home.Her question is, should she take on the additional job that she has been offered?

Data:
30 October 2007
Time: 16:52:14
Lat: 33.55s
Long:151.10E
6.14 Aries asc
Time zone 10E
http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/...ew&current=shouldmysistertakethesecondjob.jpg

This is my take on the chart:
The querant is the Ac. Aries, ruled by mars. Mars is weak in cancer, but strengthened by being on the angle. H4-endings usually,, but as the jobs both entail working at home it verifies radicality. ( Mars is soon to retrograde, I note)
Her current job, H10 cusp, is ruled by Saturn and saturn is in the frugal sign of Virgo, but Virgo is ruled by mercury and this too describes the nature of her work, which is highly dependent on telecommunications, ruled naturally by Mercury.So Saturn is there in H5, within orb of house six cusp, shuffling paperwork and attending to details but not really in a strong position..This well describes her current job.
The sun is exactly sextile her saturn though on the cusp of house 8- the house that rules insurances and such industries.
If you look at the second job, it would be the *tenth house from the tenth*,the seventh cusp thus ruling the second job. This house is ruled by Libra and thus Venus.
Venus is also in Virgo, ruled by Mercury...in the sixth house of daily activities, but also health matters.Venus is not in great shape either.She is square jupiter, indicating the querent would be *taking on too much* and with the ruler of the second job being in virgo perhaps not much reward is forthcoming..However, as Jupiter is in the ninth, the house of legal matters,I am wondering if something in her current contract would preclude her from accepting the second job???
So to the moon...
the moon is 3 deg cancer right near the cusp of house 4, the end of the matter...it will be quickly resolved, as the moon is going to sextile saturn, ruler of her current job,which in turn is sextile the sun and the sun is exactly sextile the MC.This suggests to me that some of her fears about the current job will not manifest but the new job may well be a boring and thankless one.
The sun on h8 cusp suggests another thing to me too...in our country one is taxed at a much higher rate if one takes on a second job. So unless the pay was spectacular, which it isn't, venus in virgo in the house of servitude (!), she may tire herself out and this may adversely affect her health.(Remembering her ruler, Mars is not strong, the querent may be over-emotional, at the end of her tether and about to go retrograde!!!!!)

Other sundry observations.
Ruler of second job, venus is overall in worse shape than ruler of first job, saturn.
Venus is inconjunct Neptune in H11 (her hopes and wishes)..which to me implies the job does not fulfil her expectations.
The last aspect made by the moon is a square to Mercury, retrograde in the house ruling the new job, h7, which to me indicates she will reject the second job offer.
Can anyone please take a look at this for me? I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Lillyjgc

Last edited:

tikana

Lilly

I do not like 2nd job offer.. the querent is too weak to be dragging 2nd job
If you take a look at moon .. you will see that moon is going ot hit saturn then off to trine to sun.. so i think she should be fully concentratiing on 10th house job

maybe she will take a little break and head back into 1st job with more power even though mars is weak and about go to retro which means going back

i cannot disagree on anything else you said

regards
Tik

lillyjgc

Thankyou Tikana.
i think the second job offer will be around for a while, but as it stands the querent has declined the job offer today, based on the help from her horary chart. Thanks for your time and musings...Cheers, Lillyjgc

Kingsley

The second job significator can be the second triplicity ruler of of the tenth sign. depending on whther nocturnal or diurnal chart etc.

So rather than look at 10th from 10th (which would be more about Mothers career) look at the series of triplicity rulers and pick the second one, if there is a third trip ruler, that will be the third job.

kingsley

Kingsley

Beg pardon, you asked the question on behalf of sister, so sister is 3rd house and her 10th is radix 12th house.

I would take the day ruler of asc (querrent) to be Sun and if sister really did ask question she is Sun. and if you asked question on her behalf and used her name instead of "sister"; the significator of sister will be 7th ruler.

It would seem to make sense that sister did ask question by the look of this. If that is the case, Sun sextiles Saturn ruler of 10th. Moon second trip ruler will trine sun sextile Saturn and confirm pos answer however Sun blocks Moons aspect to saturn and is refraned. This leaves moon to conjunct Mars and it aint worth it. The pay to low and less integrity etc. advise against.

I believe Saturn/Merc have reception as well as Venus/merc. so it best to stay in partnership and deal with whatever going on.

Such is Life

kingsley

lillyjgc

Hi Guys: I have constructed the chart for the time the querent asked me to set up the chart- ie: She asked the question....It doesn't matter who asked the question, I am not asking it...someone else is, so I take the asc. If I asked this question because I was concerned about MY sister, I would use house 3 cusp as her first, but she has asked the question. (I didn't mention my relationship to the querent because, as a paying client it isn't relevant and I did wish to protect her privacy!

Thanks Kingsley :I haven't heard of using the second triplicity ruler as sig for the second job...Can you tell me where this idea comes from, wwhere it's used etc? Thanks a heap, Lillyjgc

Last edited:

tikana

Lilly

then the chart stands as it is

no need using 3rd house!

if she asked is my sister's 2nd job comes through.. then it would be 3rd house

Tiki

lillyjgc

Tik, yes. but what's interesting is that both methods yielded the same answer...That happens...inexplicably...
Kingsley, can that method you described above,(using the second triplicity ruler as second job) be applied to other horary questions, like relocation? Lillyjgc

Kingsley

So someone else asked the question about their sister or about themselves?

Rhetorius used triplicity rulers for the three parts of life Begining, middle, end sections of life. Dorethius used trip rulers for making horary judgements, Lilly used this method or 1st, 2nd and third significators however he got it from the ancients. Medeival said that if all trip rulers were cadent the new born would hardly live out the day it was born.

kingsley

starlink

Hi Kingsley, I am a bit confused here. Ascendant is Aries and dayruler is Mars, at least according to Ptolemy's Essentioal Dignities & Debilities. The Sun is exhaulted in Aries but only in the 19th degree if you want to be really picky about it. So I would not take the Sun as sisters ruler, but Mars.
So you say second triplicity ruler (Taurus comes after Capricorn) for the 2nd job,so that would be Venus(which accidentally also would be the 10th of the 10th and also Venus and Mercury as co-sign.) . Mars will sextile Venus. But Mars goes retro on the 15th of November and that could indeed mean that sister will back out of the proposition. Last aspect of the Moon will be square to Mercury retro. Sister's co-significator is also Moon. She could still be sorry that she did not take the 2nd job. Correct me please if I am wrong about this triplicity ruler. Thanks, Star...
Can you tell me where this idea comes from, wwhere it's used etc? Thanks a heap, Lillyjgc
I also never heard of this before.

By the way, in the "Yes or No" technique of Jones, we would get a YES answer. Ruler of the 10th (it is a career question) and the opposite house ruler, the Moon.
The Moon will sextile Saturn. She should take the job.(according to thîs method).
Maybe the Moon's last aspect to Mercury would then indeed show that she is sorry to have said no??

Last edited:

Kingsley

580147284b01e5c61.jpg

sorry, being trying to upload image, not used to this system yet.

k

Last edited:

tikana

Starlink

usually when merc is weak plus retro.. 2 things going on
maybe she cannot take it at this minute but it might come back to her.

shrug
what do i know

Tik

starlink said:
Hi Kingsley, I am a bit confused here. Ascendant is Aries and dayruler is Mars, at least according to Ptolemy's Essentioal Dignities & Debilities. The Sun is exhaulted in Aries but only in the 19th degree if you want to be really picky about it. So I would not take the Sun as sisters ruler, but Mars.
So you say second triplicity ruler (Taurus comes after Capricorn) for the 2nd job,so that would be Venus(which accidentally also would be the 10th of the 10th and also Venus and Mercury as co-sign.) . Mars will sextile Venus. But Mars goes retro on the 15th of November and that could indeed mean that sister will back out of the proposition. Last aspect of the Moon will be square to Mercury retro. Sister's co-significator is also Moon. She could still be sorry that she did not take the 2nd job. Correct me please if I am wrong about this triplicity ruler. Thanks, Star... I also never heard of this before.

By the way, in the "Yes or No" technique of Jones, we would get a YES answer. Ruler of the 10th (it is a career question) and the opposite house ruler, the Moon.
The Moon will sextile Saturn. She should take the job.(according to thîs method).
Maybe the Moon's last aspect to Mercury would then indeed show that she is sorry to have said no??

Kingsley

trouble is Sun aspecting Saturn so takes all the "energy" away from moons perfection with Saturn or even the Sun. Mercury has reception to Venus (rlshp) and Saturn (exhalt) so the affinity to first job wins out in both cases.

Sun (almutem ruler of asc)sextile Saturn confirms current job too

In this case I probably would have helped client refine her question, instead of "should" will I take the new job. This is assertive querrenting rather than vascilating between two possibilities and demanding of the "horary oracle" to make up her mind for her. Oracle gets pissed with indirectness. Usually the chart will describe all things going on anyway. Just my opinion anyway.

k

lillyjgc

Kingsley, Thanks for your response..Just to clarify, the question WAS asked by G herself, client to astrologer, so I feel pretty sure I am right to use the ascendant to represent the querent, G.

The question is not about leaving one job, in order to accept another position.It's about taking on another job IN ADDITION to her pre-existing partnership, which has not been going well, and she is worried about her financial security. The chart shows well the nature of both jobs..I think it is reasonable to use H10 cusp to represent the existing job. There are more positive aspects to the ruler of the current job than to the potential additional job. I think the chart does show that her health may be impacted on by more work..The mercury retro in regard to the new job, may be explained by the fact that she has been headhunted by this new company and has knocked them back before. The offer will be open at a later time apparently, so maybe next time they ask she will accept their offer...

Seeing the decision was to be made ultimately by the querent it didn't seem right to ask *WILL G take the job?* What she was wanting to know is whether the second job would be too much and whether her efforts should continue to go to the partnership or should she play it safe and take up the second job *in case* the partnership failed..It was a tricky question, hard to word. I agree with you about *should* questions, but *Will* questions can yield a yes no answer without any other information becoming evident.
I don't usually separate day/night rulerships in horary charts. I respect that others do, but I thank you for the information about Dorethius-will look more into that.:)

starlink, thanks for taking a look....If she regrets her choice, it appears that the company would still take her on at a later stage-her business partnership is very volatile, but that might be a subject for another horary...;)

Kingsley

Gotcha, sometimes I might not read thoughrily enough or something? I use the almutem rulers when they look they tell the story better, ie they are the main players. I don't use them emphatically but check them out anyway.

good chart Lilljgc