Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Forgotten Warrior

In 12/12, the Moon is the "Motivational-ruler" of Pisces. Several types of rulerships for each Sign. My own Moon is in Aquarius , which is its Exalted placement. Yours is Domicled. Both are strong placements.

Motivational ruler?
Wait,I think I get it...the Moon is the motivational ruler of Pisces because it(Pisces)rules the 4th house,right?
But I'm still unsure...

Last edited:

david starling

Motivational ruler?
Wait,I think I get it...the Moon is the motivational ruler of Pisces because it(Pisces)rules the 4th house,right?
But I'm still unsure...

One of the 1st steps in making 12/12 an accessible addition to standard, well-known Modernistic techniques, is explaining the Domicile-rulers. Because, they form the framework for everything that follows.
That aside, accepting the Domicile-rulers as they are for now, here's why the :moon: is the Motivational-ruler of :pisces: in the 12/12 pattern. For the short version, see the *** designation below.

•Basic premise: The Signs are in transition in Direct-order, one to the next.
•In this case, :pisces: is Mutable-Water transitioning to :aries:, Cardinal-Fire. Starting with the Modality, the transition occurs with a "Facilitating-sign" which has the Modality of :pisces:, and the Element of the Sign into which it will transform, in this case, Fire. That gives :sagittarius:, Mutable-Fire, as the "Facilitator".
•Next, in this case, the combination of the Element of the Sign in transition, Water, and the Modality of the Sign into which it will transform, Cardinal, gives :cancer:, Cardinal-Water, the role of "Catalytic-sign", regarding the changeover from :pisces: to :aries:.
•Now, bringing in the Domicle-rulers of the Facilitating-sign, :sagittarius:, and the Catalytic-sign, :cancer:, there's a major change in 12/12 regarding only 3 Modernistic Domicile-rulers, and that of :sagittarius: is one of them. In 12/12, it's Domicle-ruler is "Apollo's Triangle", comprising the visible portion of the Heavens. Its indicating-points are the Asc, M.C., and Desc, with the leading point, the Asc, as first and foremost. So, the Ascendant, associated with the Greco-Roman god Apollo, is the operative Domicle-ruler of the Facilitating-sign for :pisces:.
•This makes (Apollo's) Ascendant, as Domicile-ruler of the Facilitating-sign :sagittarius:, the "Regulating-ruler" of :pisces:. It pushes for the slow-to-transform, Mutable-Water-sign, to keep transtioning. In other cases, the Regulating-ruler slows down the rate of transition. The actual rate of transit of each Domicle-ruler correlates to whether a Regulating-ruler is about slowing down, or speeding up the process of transformation. :neptune:, Domicle-ruler of :pisces:, is MUCH slower to transit a Sign than it's Regulating-ruler, the Ascendant, so it's definitely a hurry-it-up relationship.
•Now, bring in the Domicle-ruler of the Catalytic-sign, which in this case is the :moon:. The :moon: is the Motivational-ruler of :pisces:, because it's Domiciled in the Catalytic-sign for :pisces:, which is :cancer:.
•The Motivational-ruler, as well as the Catalytic-sign, are "in-Service" to the Regulating-ruler, which is thereby able to either encourage or discourage transformation.
•For each transitional, transformative grouping of Signs and their Domicile-rulers, there's an interrelationship within the group. The Exalted-ruler of a Catalytic-sign = the Domicile-ruler of the Facilitating-sign it's paired with.
•For example, to find the Exalted-ruler of :pisces: in 12/12, we go to the transition of Fixed-Water, :scorpio:, to Mutable-Fire, :sagittarius:. Here, we have the :sun: as Regulating-ruler, since it's Domiciled in Fixed (like :scorpio:) Fire (like :sagittarius:);, and :neptune: as Motivational-ruler, since it's Domicle-ruler of Mutable (like :sagittarius:) Water (like :scorpio:). That makes :pisces: AND its own Domicle-ruler :neptune:, in-Service to the :sun:, and therefore the :sun: is Exalted in :pisces:. The Regulating-ruler of :scorpio:, the :sun:, is much faster in transiting a Sign than :pluto:, so its a hurry-it-up influence.
•To find the Benefactory-ruler of a Sign, it's just the reverse of determining the Exalted-ruler. In the first example given, the transformative group for :pisces: is Asc/:sagittarius: as Regulator/Facilitator, and :moon:/:cancer: as Motivator/Catalyst.
With Catalytic :cancer: in-Service to (Apollo's) Asc as this grouping's Regulator, the Asc is Exalted in :cancer:. And, with the Domicle-ruler of :cancer:, the :moon:, as the Motivator, in-Service to the Facilitator, :sagittarius:, the :moon: in :sagittarius: is a Benefactor.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Longest post I've ever seen you written, David. Something struck me about the rulership you have accorded to Sagittarius - in esoteric astrology the esoteric ruler for the sign is The Earth. The materializing of the inspiration/aspiration in one's practical life seems to be the way to go for the Sagittarius, if its to reach its highest potentials.

http://www.mermaid-uk.net/Esotericrulerships.htm

What's your view on that?