Aspect balance

Aquavirg

Are there any aspects that can "smooothe out" super harsh synastry aspects? I don't know to posts charts, but here's a list:
Negative:
Her sun square his moon
Her mercury square his saturn
His sun square her mars and saturn
His mercury square her pluto
His pluto square her mercury and venus
His lilith square her mars,saturn, and pluto
Positive [or seemingly so]:
His sun trine her moon
His sun conjunct her venus
His moon sextile her venus
Her venus exactly [.67] sextile his chiron
Her venus conjunct his lilith
Conjunct mercuries
His venus conjunct her mercury exactly [.17]
Her sun conjunct his mars
His jupiter sextile her mercury by .94
His mercury and venus sextile her uranus
His mars trine her mars, saturn,and pluto
Her asc trine his sun, lilith, and chiron
His moon trine her dsc
His sun conjunct her south node
His sun exactly [.01] sextile her chiron
His venus and mercury in her 5th house
His sun in her 4th house
Sorry this is long. Thanks in advance for any insight!!!!

Last edited:

Baat

Hi, just a beginner here and not an expert. I'll say the synastry chart is needed for a real reading, but I don't think synastry really works like you said, where one aspect negates another. Sun square moon and the squares to Saturn will be felt, and those interactions when in play will be unpleasant. Only exception there would be the squares to Mercury, since their mercuries are conjunct. One of them would have it natally and not notice, the other would feel it as unpleasant.

Not sure if moon trine descendant is an aspect that many astrologers would count. Anyone want to weigh in on that?

Aquavirg

Hi, just a beginner here and not an expert. I'll say the synastry chart is needed for a real reading, but I don't think synastry really works like you said, where one aspect negates another. Sun square moon and the squares to Saturn will be felt, and those interactions when in play will be unpleasant. Only exception there would be the squares to Mercury, since their mercuries are conjunct. One of them would have it natally and not notice, the other would feel it as unpleasant.

Not sure if moon trine descendant is an aspect that many astrologers would count. Anyone want to weigh in on that?

Our mercuries are both in good standing on our charts
His mercury conjuncts his venus too

ElenaJ

Agreed, you really need to post the charts, can't determine anything of sense from a list.
While I agree with what Baat writes, it is also true that where there is a negative aspect between two charts, it can be softened if there is contact with something easy and loving, like Jupiter or Venus. Depends on the whole picture of the synastry, though, it can't be just picked out one by one.
The moon trine descendent, which would also mean sextile ascendent, can be a nice contact, the emotional moon picks up on the personality of the other, there is an intuitive level to their relationship that is helpful.

Aquavirg

Agreed, you really need to post the charts, can't determine anything of sense from a list.
While I agree with what Baat writes, it is also true that where there is a negative aspect between two charts, it can be softened if there is contact with something easy and loving, like Jupiter or Venus. Depends on the whole picture of the synastry, though, it can't be just picked out one by one.
The moon trine descendent, which would also mean sextile ascendent, can be a nice contact, the emotional moon picks up on the personality of the other, there is an intuitive level to their relationship that is helpful.

How do I post a chart here? I'm really new, so I'll not sure if it'll let me yet

Aquavirg

Okay, let me try this from a computer. I'm the Aquarius Sun.

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 24

ElenaJ

Would you be willing to give the birth data for both natals?
Or you could send it in a private message to me (IF you can figure it out! I know, it isn't easy at first).

ElenaJ

Here are the charts, with the composite and synastry.

Attachments

• She.jpg
    She.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Him.jpg
    Him.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Composite2.jpg
    Composite2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Synastry2.jpg
    Synastry2.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 19

Aquavirg

Thank you! I've created those as well but don't understand them. I see there are some really negative things, but then there are good things as well

ElenaJ

Haven't had a chance to look at them myself, see what you can, and there may be others replying now that the charts are posted.