Midpoint aspects in composite... what do they mean?

ellie04

I posted this in another section but got no response. I hope I'll get some here. :)

We have a few Composite midpoints that aspects our Composite Vertex/Vesta conjunction. Firstly, what do these conjunctions imply?

And...

Sun/Moon midpoint square Vertex/Vesta

Venus/Mars midpoint oppose Vertex/Vesta

Eros/Psyche midpoint trine Mars

Neptune also conjuncts Vertex/Vesta

ElenaJ

A composite chart is created from the midpoints between the two natal charts, to shed light on the relationship between the two.
So, creating midpoints of midpoints and then aspecting them seems to be getting in a very tenuous area. I personally wouldn't use midpoints of a composite chart, I don't think they are influential.

ellie04

It seems very few people read midpoints of composite. I've only seen rahu doing that so far but it seems quite enlightening.

What would you make of composite Vertex conjunct Vesta and Neptune then?

ardentika

I haven't found them to be too telling. Plus with the composite it's best to actually be in a relationship for more than a year and then try to read it, especially for midpoints . And even then they aren't that telling.

I've noticed composites manifest very different for different people. For example most astrologers cringe when they see hard Uranus aspects in a composite , and suddenly it becomes doom and gloom, but that's not the case. Many people have long term relationships with hard Uranus aspects. Everyone is different and not everyone can survive in a conventional relationships and Uranus shows simply that . An unconventional relationship.

Composite vertex is believed to be of what the relationship is destined to be. They say Vertex on the DSC means the couple is destined to be together , which I highly don't believe because I've had this aspect with 1 or 2 people and it never came to fruition. I hope you see what I mean.

Otherwise Neptune on vertex might mean many things . Unconditional love, one sided love, disillusionment , healing love. It's hard to say from one aspect.

ElenaJ

Agree completely.
Keep in mind that the midpoints are calculated from the natal charts. But a midpoint can be the central point between two planets in trine, or two in square aspect. So the starting point in the natal chart needs to be always considered.
But when you then take midpoints of these midpoints it's really building castles in the air, and hoping against hope to find something linking. Go back to the natals.

ellie04

Thanks for lending your take on midpoints within a midpoint chart.

How about the Davison... do you find it accurate as compared to midpoint composite?

@ardentika,
I agree with what you said about Uranus in composite and I also don't believe any one aspect can make or break a relationship. My parents have Uranus square Sun/Mars and they've been married more than 40yrs and there's nothing unconventional about their r/s. Their clashes are real though, lol. I wouldn't say they're the most loving.

Neptune on Vertex doesn't look positive to me, that's why I asked... but we also have Vesta on Vertex.

ElenaJ

"How about the Davison... do you find it accurate as compared to midpoint composite?!
This is a variant on the midpoint chart, and it also can give information about how the relationship will unfold, its strengths and weaknesses.
The charts (natal, midpoint, composite, Davison, progressions) each give information, and between them, they can give a lot of insight.
Isolated aspects from one of these, out of context, are really relative and only partially useful. Everything has to be put into place, interchanges of energy in the entire chart. Put the pieces together and they give a whole picture that gives awareness and understanding.

ellie04

Yes, of course, and I've been looking at the different charts. I asked about Davison because I noticed there're people who don't believe in the accuracy of Davison.

It's interesting that when my progressed Moon moves into Cancer conjunct my pAsc/Saturn, I met and fell in love with a strong Lunarian guy.