Orbs again

Lin

I posted this on another thread (a long one) and thought it might have gotten lost.
"So....back to this:
IS there anyone with a chart where the aspects are in question because of the orb issues?

If there is one, and the poster is familiar with the subject, we may get some useful information to work with.
LIN"

Please show charts that contain the degrees of signs next to the planet.
(with or without transits ok since we can also discuss orbs of transits.)
and whatever question you may have.
L

Oddity

This sounds very much like 'which house system is best?'. One of those questions where astrologers will never come to a consensus.

Allow me to explain a bit: in some systems of astrology, orbs are given to aspects. In others, orbs are given to planets. In some systems, whole signs are used for aspects, so if you have the Sun at 28 Aquarius, and Mars is at 1 Taurus, those planets are in square. In another system they'd be considered sextile. In yet another, they wouldn't be in aspect at all.

It's going to come down to the judgement call of the individual astrologer.

Lin

I've always said: astrology will NEVER be legitimized for that exact reason. Put 5 or 10 or 20 astrologers in a room and they wil never come to a consensus. We really are our own worst enemies.
NO one can decide what makes a really good researcher, a really good astrological counselor, a great compatibility expert, a great delineator....a wonderful teacher.

The whole issue of a License would have to rest on a test created by a "consensus..." ...LOL....a BIG LOL.
See where this is going.

But meanwhile: there ARE acceptable "orb" rules. And yes....it all comes down to the judgement of the astrologer reading at the moment.
LIN