transits to progressed planets

junoisuppose

Can anyone help?

I was looking at a friend's chart and I noticed that his progressed moon is about to be conjunct to transiting pluto in Capricorn & I don't know what this will mean. I know that transiting pluto to natal moon is a MAJOR transit, but I don't know whether it has the same effect when it is the progressed moon involved and I don't know whether I should be worried about it or not.:unsure:

Does anyone have any advice as to how transits to progressed planets feel?

JUPITERASC

Can anyone help?

I was looking at a friend's chart and I noticed that his progressed moon is about to be conjunct to transiting pluto in Capricorn & I don't know what this will mean. I know that transiting pluto to natal moon is a MAJOR transit, but I don't know whether it has the same effect when it is the progressed moon involved and I don't know whether I should be worried about it or not.:unsure:

IMO I would ask why 'should' you be worrying? What sources do you have for any worrying ideas relating to this aspect? In any event, IMO the outer planets are generational rather than personal - as discussed on this thread http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39021
of course there are differences of opinion on this subject - and not unusual to find disagreement amongst astrologers! :smile:

Claire19

Can anyone help?

We dont do transits to progressed planets, only to the natal ones. Then again only if they have a natal aspect as well, are they significant.
As always you need to post a visual chart for any comment. Anonymise it.

Claire19

The basic meaning of pluto/prog. moon contacts (without taking into consideration the natal moon/pluto positions/contacts) usually involve emotional pressure. Everything is intense when the moon and pluto are conjunct, no trivial feelings! I would be watching this persons behaviour in order to see if he/she is the one applying emotional pressure to others, or is getting pressured by others. Basically be on the lookout for obsessive feelings.
Moon Pluto contacts are intense and obsessive but not with progressed and transits together. That is not sound astrological principle.

junoisuppose

Thank you all for the responses so far.

Caprising - your response was very helpful and makes sense. I will look out for it.:smile:

Jupiterasc - you're right that maybe I shouldn't be worried, as it isn't my chart, but I'm just worried for him. I got a bit freaked out when I read the description of pluto transiting natal moon at http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Trpluto.html - some good things (births), some bad things (deaths) and some neutral (moving house). Pluto is an outer planet, but the moon isn't, that's why I'm worried that it might be something personal.

Claire19 - In the last couple of years I noticed that I felt the effects of transiting planets crossing my progressed ascendant, which lead me to think that there might be an effect when a transiting planet hits a progressed planet.:unsure:

Claire19

Claire, this is sound astrological principle, straight from the book "the practice of prediction" by Nancy Anne Hastings. Transiting Pluto moves slowly, so the effect is strong unlike a fleeting venus or merc transit.
No, I mean transitting planets do not aspect other progressions on the outer wheel. Not the principle of transitting Pluto's effects which are long and deep in their effects I agree.. Transits and progressions have to aspect the natal planets, not each other.

JUPITERASC

Thank you all for the responses so far.
Jupiterasc - you're right that maybe I shouldn't be worried, as it isn't my chart, but I'm just worried for him. I got a bit freaked out when I read the description of pluto transiting natal moon at http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Trpluto.html - some good things (births), some bad things (deaths) and some neutral (moving house). Pluto is an outer planet, but the moon isn't, that's why I'm worried that it might be something personal

Nevertheless, junoisuppose, the writer of the description of "pluto transiting natal moon" at http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serp...6/Trpluto.html has not stated their source for their statements.

As I mentioned previously on this topic,

It is common knowledge that Mundane astrology examines the cycles of the planets in relation to (a) the astrology of nations as a whole and (b) to geological phenomena such as earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis. The history of nations and/or cycles of volcanic eruptions, tsunamis earthquakes and so forth are measured in terms of hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands of years
IMO the EXTREMELY SLOW MOVING CYCLES OF THE OUTER PLANETS most probably have a place within mundane analysis because IN MUNDANE CHARTS THE POPULATION IS DELINEATED “EN MASSE” - therefore the impersonal, generational outer planets are most likely to have an application in the astrological assessment of mass political and/or mass social movements

You have said your question relates to the chart of another person – so my question is – to what extent is the person whose natal chart it is, worried? If they are not worried then why cause unnecessary worrying? Remember also that astrologers are not infallible! :smile:

Caro

I have progressed moon in libra conj saturn transit in libra in 12th. it is real and so are it's effects.

I appreciate there are different views here(also Im talking about saturn in my case not pluto) but many astrologers I know(qualified/modern) do also take this into account progressions.

An astrologer friend also has progressed moon hanging onto transit of saturn(it lasts a long time and is sobering on the emotions. As the progressed moon is two year in one sign and so is saturns transit)

clearly as always you start with the basics sun, moon intrepretation and this is an add on in an intrepretation of a chart - you would not necessarily jump straight to this.

interesting about the pluto transit to moon(in natal). my friend has this. she has been really feeling this intensity - and I dont think it is conjunct yet.YIkes.
it is in her first house.

ethertwist

I have progressed Mars at 7 Cancer currently opposite transiting Pluto in Capricorn (which will Rx back to 7 Cap in the coming months). In my natal chart, Mars is 15 Gemini and Pluto is 16 Libra, so they are trine natally. Is this something I should be mindful of or concerned about??:unsure: I'm not quite sure I believe in the influence of transits to progressions, but I'm open to reconsidering.

Inconjunct

The idea behind transits is that the planets in the heavens contact sensitive points - either planets or angles - in your natal chart, said natal positions being imprinted on you at your moment of birth. The progressed chart is just a symbolic progression of your natal chart, it doesn't exist for you in the same way. The two - transits and progressions - have nothing to do with each other, it makes no sense.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Can anyone help? Does anyone have any advice as to how transits to progressed planets feel?
junoisuppose, astrologers have varying opinions regarding transits to progressed planets. Some modern astrologers such as Celeste Teal say that “active” progressed aspects are those formed between natal and progressed planets/points within a 1º orb - slightly more for Sun/Moon. Progressing planets move very slowly & these aspects show the major trends. For any significant event to unfold, the aspects must suggest it at least three times. This is for good or bad. For major events, the aspects will point to it in many ways.

The progressing Moon often acts as a timer to set off events as it forms aspects of reinforcement.Eclipses, New Moons, or Full Moons can also set off active progressions and are useful for timing. Transiting Mars and the Sun usually assist as timers for important events. The movement of the Moon’s Nodes will frequently assist in timing major turning points. SOURCE: http://www.moonvalleyastrologer.com/secondary-progressions/ :smile:

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Over my own studies, I have found progressed transits to natal/transits to have a big influence on me. Last summer I had transiting Pluto opposite progressed Moon, and progressed Moon square natal Pluto. I was in a very Plutonian inner place at that time, no other transit that was occurring would have had those effects on me. The Pluto/Moon energy was effecting me in the way which forced me to look internally at myself, my past, my roots, my fears and face them square in the face. No escape. I look back now almost a year later and found that to be a incredibly empowering (Pluto) time of my life. It was the first time also in 3 years, after moving house during that 3 years about 8 times, that I finally settled into myself and found a residence where I could settle and feel at home (Moon also rules the natural home and the inner home). Very much an effective transit progressed/transit and progressed/natal.

I personally don't go in for dismissing planets, whether outer or inner, all are a facet of who we are.

When progressed Sun (natal 2nd house/progressed 3rd) trined my natal 10th house Uranus, and progressed Moon (in natal 7th) joined them in a grand trine, I started working (2nd house Cap Sun) for myself (Uranus). There were other transits going on which backed up this self-employment theme but they are all linked.

Right now, amongst other transits, I have progressed Moon conjunct natal Saturn, and I do feel this energy :(

The progressions are often a reflection of what is happening internally for us. And I very much, not just through reading or surmising, but through practical experience and time, feel they do have a potent effect on us.

junoisuppose

Just a brief reply.

Im my case I definitely felt the effects when transiting saturn crossed my progressed ascendant. I had hoped that the saturnian theme would end when saturn left my natal first house and moved into the second house, but then I had a repetition of saturnian events when saturn crossed over the progressed ascendant.

I can't say what happened to my friend who had the progressed moon in Capricorn, where pluto is currently transiting, as he hasn't been in touch and hasn't mentioned anything about what is going on in his life. :pouty:

Claire19

Can anyone help?

Planets in transit or progressions do not aspect each other. Load your chart as we cant really comment otherwise. The transitting planets only aspect the planets in the natal chart and trigger off what is there from birth, that is the nature of prediction.

junoisuppose

Hi,
It's been a long time since I originally posted this question.
My friend is alive and well, no deaths in his life, just internal questioning.

But I did read an article by Celeste Teal on the moon valley astrologer website that said when Barbara Cartland died transiting pluto was conjunct her progressed moon and trine her progressed ascendant, so I'm not alone in thinking that transits and progressions can combine.

http://www.moonvalleyastrologer.com/secondary-progressions/
(it's towards the bottom of the page under 'Synchronicity')

Claire19

Transitting planets are not valid in connecting to progressed planets. Always the natal chart is triggered off. Otherwise they are just connecting in the sky and not to the individual. Progressions are valid when the planets involved are making an aspect natally as well otherwise there is little effect.

i.e. progressioned Moon is conjunct natal Venus and Moon and Venus connect in the natal chart, then there will be a strong influence.

A planet transitting through a house and not connecting anywhere will not be noticed.

Claire19

Hi,

But I did read an article by Celeste Teal on the moon valley astrologer website that said when Barbara Cartland died transiting pluto was conjunct her progressed moon and trine her progressed ascendant, so I'm not alone in thinking that transits and progressions can combine.

Pluto must have connected natally to her Moon and ascendant as well. Celest Teal omitted to note that obviously. If she believes that the transits aspecting the progressions on their own signified Cartland's death then she is not the astrologer I thought she was.

junoisuppose

I presently have neptune and chiron transiting my progressed ascendant, Dammed Neptune keeps retrograding back and and then going forward again really stretching the time frame to the max, typical neptunian influences are working me over- lack of concentration, forgetfulness, confusion etc. There's no point in worrying too much about possible manifestations, we all get transiting pluto conjunct prog. moon a few times during our life, pluto helps us to move forward if we are stuck in a rut, for some people it can manifest in a blocked toilet/plumbing!

I'm still not sure what I think about transits to progressed points.
Is neptune making any aspects, perhaps minor ones, to any of your natal planets?

I can see what Claire19 and others are saying about the progressed chart just being hypothetical, and there are usually transits to natal points going on at the same time, but perhaps the progressed chart shows who we have become and the transits are to the planets of that new person. :unsure:

You're right that there is no point in worrying - this is very true. :happy:
By the way I had blocked toilet/plumbing problems when saturn was squaring natal pluto - it's probably a bit gross to go into too many details but I tried to get rid of unwanted food by flushing it and found out that potatoes just don't go round the u-bend! A lesson to be learned here for anyone daft enough to conisder doing that!

JUPITERASC

Hi,

Celeste Teal ALSO comments re: Barbara Cartland's death

QUOTE source Celeste Teal

“Progressed Mars at cusp of 8th is opposed by the transiting Sun at the time of her death.

The transiting North Node had just come to a square to her natal Moon near her Ascendant. The aspects of the Nodes will often time turning points in the life”

Furthermore, fwiw IMO the more significant factor re: Barbara Cartland's death is the solar eclipse at 10
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]º[/FONT] Cancer that would have been 8 days prior to her 99th birthday, concerning which Celeste Teal says:

QUOTE:

“Upcoming Solar Eclipse at 10
º Cancer conjoined Ms. Cartland’s fourth house cusp of endings exactly opposes her progressed Saturn, the most prominent planet in her chart shows events sometimes come prior to a personally significant eclipse. Transits precipitate the eclipse conditions”

After all, the tens, perhaps hundreds of millions of people at that time, with that same aspect “transiting Pluto conjunct progressed Moon” lived whereas Barbara Cartland died!

Therefore there is more to astrological delineation than solely one aspect :smile:

junoisuppose

Celeste Teal ALSO comments re: Barbara Cartland's death

QUOTE source Celeste Teal http://www.moonvalleyastrologer.com/secondary-progressions/

“Progressed Mars at cusp of 8th is opposed by the transiting Sun at the time of her death.

The transiting North Node had just come to a square to her natal Moon near her Ascendant. The aspects of the Nodes will often time turning points in the life”

Furthermore, fwiw IMO the more significant factor re: Barbara Cartland's death is the solar eclipse at 10[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]º[/FONT] Cancer that would have been 8 days prior to her 99th birthday, concerning which Celeste Teal says:

QUOTE:

“Upcoming Solar Eclipse at 10º Cancer conjoined Ms. Cartland’s fourth house cusp of endings exactly opposes her progressed Saturn, the most prominent planet in her chart shows events sometimes come prior to a personally significant eclipse. Transits precipitate the eclipse conditions”

After all, the tens, perhaps hundreds of millions of people at that time, with that same aspect “transiting Pluto conjunct progressed Moon” lived whereas Barbara Cartland died!

Therefore there is more to astrological delineation than solely one aspect :smile:

All true. :smile:
She does mention natal transits, and the solar eclipse, which supports the arguments of those who say that transits to progressed planets don't produce effects - BUT, my point was, she feels the need to also include the fact that progressed mars was being aspected by a transiting planet (although that transit was also to the cusp of her presumably natal 8th house), progressed saturn was aspected by the solar eclipse (again also aspecting a natal angle), and progressed moon and progressed ascendant were also affected by a transit (pluto).
We could predict her death without looking at the transits to progressed planets, but Celeste Teal seems to think that the transits to progressed planets also had an impact...

I was alway taught 'the rule of 3' - if you see 3 indications of something in a chart then you can safely predict it...
We could say there were 3 indications with the transiting north node, the solar eclipse, and her progressed mars on 8th house cusp, but if transits to progressed planets do have an effect Celeste Teal is showing us that there were 7 or 8 indications at this time.

Last edited: