Meaning of these aspects in synastry?

meredythdiamond

Very close friend of mine but also attraction from my side. I was just wondering, I know what these aspects mean individually, but, what do they mean together and do they hold any significance?? I know in order to get a full read, I will need to post the full charts but am interested in these aspects specifically as I'm wondering if they contribute to the close bond. We have a lot of trines also...

Last edited:

waybread

Very close friend of mine but also attraction from my side. I was just wondering, I know what these aspects mean individually, but, what do they mean together and do they hold any significance?? I know in order to get a full read, I will need to post the full charts but am interested in these aspects specifically as I'm wondering if they contribute to the close bond. We have a lot of trines also...

-His venus trines my venus/moon and jupiter (venus and jupiter being exactly trine his venus)
-His mars trines my mars/venus

-My venus trines his uranus and also squares his pluto (venus square pluto exact)
-If I have his birth time correct then my venus also trines his ascendant
-My venus is also quincunx his neptune
-My sun trines his sun/mercury exact
-His sun/mercury trines my neptune exact
We also have my moon conjunct his south node and my south node conjunct his neptune.

In composite we also have:

-Moon trine mars
-Moon conjunct uranus/neptune
-venus trine neptune
-venus sextile pluto
-Mars trine uranus

Does this show a lot of love between us??

I've bolded the aspects that I think are the most beneficial. For the most part I'd focus on the personal planets. Venus rules love and affection, so that's good.

But we really need to see the chart.

katydid

Thanks for posting the charts. It is much better than just seeing the written data. The chart tells a story, in the way it is drawn up, the patterns it makes, the aspects as they line up in context with everything else.

OK, I do see a lot of love between you. But is it platonic or romantic? I think he may have Friend Zoned you?

I say that because although there are a lot of wonderful trines in this chart, there are also a lot of inconjuncts, or ‘disconnections.’

That plays out in the Composite chart as well. There are a lot of strong trines to the Mars and Venus in Virgo in the 6th, from the Capricorn 10th. But I am not sure how sexual or romantic that energy is? It seems more spiritual, sisterly, service oriented than passionate. ???

There are 3 inconjuncts between Sun/Merc/No Node in Leo to Moon/Uranus/Neptune in Cap in 10th.

So there is a big disconnect going on there as well. You two are not really on the same page, emotionally.

I think he cares for you, very much. And he has love for you. But is he 'in love' with you? The chart doesn't seem to imply that, in my opinion. :sad:

I think he appreciates you and how devoted, attentive and supportive you are. :innocent:

Now, on the other hand, there is some strong sextile action to the Composite Pluto in the 8th in Scorpio. So there is some passion there, ready to be tapped....Has he made any advances or suggestions that you two become physical in the future?

Last edited:

waybread

The charts are there now

Thanks. For future reference, make sure we can read the exact degree numbers on the chart or accompanying aspectarian (table of degrees/aspects.) If we don't know what orb is being used for aspects it makes it that much harder.

In synastry (2-chart comparison) the gold standard is:
suns trined or sextiles
moons conjunct, trined, or sextiled.
"reverse" Mars-Venus conjunctions, trines, or sextiles.

Interactions with the above (like his sun trines her moon) and also involving the ascendants are helpful. Jupiter is a "feel good" factor.

Basically the composite shows good communication between the two of you. Moon-Uranus suggests sudden mood shifts or a relationship with a lot of emotional ups and downs. The trine to Venus is helpful. But unless you like "never a dull moment" in your relationship, it might give you whiplash.

This volatility is reinforced by the outer person on the bi-wheel having a Mars-Uranus-Venus conjunction.

waybread

Thanks, meredyth. I need all the help I can get.

The synastry actually looks pretty good.

Suns trined. ego compatibility.

moons: no major aspect. Quincunx is mildly stressful

Mercuries broadly trined.

Blue's Venus makes a wide trine to Red's Mars. Red's Venus does not aspect Blue's Mars.

Blues' sun makes a wide trine to Red's moon and Mercury.

Blue's Jupiter trines Red's Venus.

I don't know if your birth times are accurate, but you can work out ascendant aspects the same way.

I think the outer planets are worth considering if they really hit someone's inner personal planets. Pluto-Venus or Pluto-moon can get pretty obsessive. But people born in the same year or group of years will have them in the same sign location, so they are more generational than personal.

It looks like you two have a bit of an age gap. I don't see this as a necessary problem, but it can mean differences in tastes for aspects of popular culture.

If love and romance blossomed out of this friendship, I think it would work with this number of positive contacts among the inner planets, subject to my above cautions about the composite chart.

meredythdiamond

Thank you for the response :)
So venus square pluto wouldn't hold much significance as pluto is generational???

What about moon conjunct south node as moon is a personal planet

waybread

I think the issue in this chart is that the outer (red) person's sun, Pluto, and Mercury are conjunct, with the moon added in because it conjuncts Pluto. This person has a lot invested in control and expressing personal power.

5 of your planets plus your nodal axis aspect his stellium in Libra. You may feel a bit like the moth drawn by the light bulb or candle. The SN shows your comfort zone, where it's easiest just to go with the flow. You may sacrifice your independence to keep him around. Your NN conjunct sun indicates that your growth lies in exerting an independent identity.

meredythdiamond

Yes I noticed that, so what would you suspect this to mean?? having all those planets conjunct to pluto. I am drawn to him because I recognise a lot of myself in him, I myself have a lot of pluto in my chart including sun-pluto, moon-pluto and feel we can relate on a lot of levels, maybe that is why. But, we are so similar, it's almost uncanny. He feels so familiar, like family.

Also, yes, there is a fairly large age gap between us so our friendship is rather... unusual?? I guess. Like, people wouldn't guess we would be friends haha especially this close of friends.
But, nonetheless, I have a lot of love and admiration for him and was wondering if that was returned from him and if the chart supported this.

waybread

At some level, I think you have to use the synastry as advisory, not as destiny. I tried to explain the synastry in previous posts.

There is a Spanish proverb:
"God says, 'Do what you will, and pay the price.'"