Am I an Aries or Pisces Rising? with Photos

sunfood

sandstone oh my, that might be a little advanced for me but go into corner stones periods and look at whats directly opposing mars? should i look at neptune in case is the ruler of the ascendant?

i was born in Europe so not sure how much stuff is on record. my mom claims that they wrote a completely different time than my birth time. (again my mom's memory might be off)
i live in the US so not sure if that could shape up my 9th or other houses in a specific way.

sandstone

Banned
i wouldn't play around too much if you don't know what you are playing around with, lol.. you might start a fire with those aries planets and have to find a bucket of water right quick! start with seeing if you can get the birth cert with time and work out from there.

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
Hi sunfood!

Sounds like you are still trying to figure this out? Ha! It is a tricky one...

In the photo of you from side on, you look more Arian, but when I see you in the second pic, from front on, your face looks a bit more Piscean...and there is a softness there.
So, the fact that you actually appear to look different in the two pics, kinda points towards the chameleon-like nature of Pisces rising...haha! Sorry, more confusion...:unsure:

Also, your Aries Sun and Mars could be contributing to your athleticism. If you were Pisces rising, it would put those 2 planets into the first house (from memory - I need to check again...), and they would alter your appearance somewhat too. More (sun)food for thought...:smile:

sunfood

PisceanPallas haha hilarious. yes my dilemma is tricky because i am either pisces rising wth a strong first house or aries rising with a strong 12th house. i am not all that great of an astrologer to obe able to tell the difference.....
the pix are 4 years apart so not sure if they r good enough.
i am pretty confused now :innocent:

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
your sun is below the horizon right now right before the sunrise. judging from its position, i'd say around 5:30-6:00 am. therefore, if you were born before the sunrise, you would have aries as your rising. Pisces rising is unlikely because you would have to be born around 4:30am. again, if it's after the sunrise, then you are Taurus rising.

Hey, this is a good point. You could be Taurus rising, which would put a lot of your planets into the 12th house...even late Aries rising, with Aries Sun just in the 12th. This (all the 12th house planets), could explain your spiritual-side, shyness and sensitivity?

Last edited:

MJ82

I admit I haven't read all of the posts, but how do you feel/behave when you first meet someone, people? I ask, because while I'm no astrology expert, I know enough to know that for many people, there is an instinctive behavior in new situations which can be, largely, influenced by one's rising sign.

My mom for instance, is a very fiery Leo and Plutonian (sun conjunct pluto in the 1st) but her moon is in cancer and so is her ascendant. I notice her ascendant though, and she agreed, because sometimes (not always) when she (this fiery woman) is in a new social situation, she can be a little reticent and even withdrawn at first, smiling but quiet, very much a cancer rising thing - I would guess (no offense to cancers here, I'm certainly not suggesting this is a generic attribute, or the only one!).

I myself am Aquarius rising and I know (and am very aware) that when I meet new people or am in new situations, my quirks come out a lot more, it's not even deliberate, but instinctive, like an outer skin.

So this is why I ask the question of how you behave in new situations socially? I don't know whether everyone is aware of this, I guess I've just thought lots about it! Lol :tongue:

sunfood

i am somewhat shy in a new situation but my true nature is not shy at all. i am def shy if i must be polite lol. i am more comfortable being direct or straightforward. in conflict i am quick to respond but if people r being indirect makes me uncomfortable and it almost disarms me because i only know direct communication. i am witty and quick for sure but that must be more from the mercury in aries. also in certain new situations i am not shy at all. so that might go back to the piscean changing nature...... ugh

MJ82

That could be pisces ASC then...? Where's your chart? We could look at aspects to see if that could explain it? Though given your ASC is in question, it won't help us any further with that! :love:

sunfood

PisceanPallas this chart is for 6:40. my mom gives me something like vague 6-7 am. my dad says 5 something. so i guess you are right it could be one of 3 things. with aries being most probable according to my parents. small 10-15 minute window for Taurus is possible.

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
Perhaps you could look into birth chart rectification?:smile:

Based on what you have said here, it doesn't seem like you come across as Taurean. However, I don't know you personally. Have you asked those close to you how you come across to them (friends and family)?

So hard to say... My Mum is Taurus rising, and is a really slow walker. She comes across as very slow and steady in her movements, not fast at all. She doesn't have an Aries Sun though! Haha! She is very earthy, with no real fire influence at all. I would say she looks Taurean.

I have a close friend who is also Taurus rising. She is an Aquarian Sun with Aries Moon. Now, interesting, because she walks fast and talks fast (and alot)!!! So, in her actions and movements she doesn't always appear Taurean.

I have read that Taurus rising has good stamina and staying power, and can be single-minded. I would say this is true of those two.

I guess there is so much more to it, than appearance alone, because of genetics, and ethnicity. You really need to assess how you "feel" and "appear" to others when they first encounter you. That is where other peoples opinions really count. I know that most people would never pick me as a Sag Sun when they first meet me.

So, more to think about...sorry I don't have any definitive answers for you. You probably need to do a bit of self assessment and also ask those who know you well. Keep us informed if you come to any major conclusions or have any further insights.:smile:

sunfood

heh I will update if I EVER find out. I have thought through the years that I am an Aries, Pisces or a Taurus rising for a few years each. So I have been able to convince myself or see it either way. ouch! i am very patient and have crazy stamina always wear scarves and such, love single origin fair trade coffee or very fancy wine so that would be a Taurus. but I am a cusp anyways. I have been told I am steady. ugh. I dont know. most people see me differently. so i have never gotten a definitive answer. thats way i had a last hope of maybe asking on a forum based on looks alone. :) i can see myself as having all my personal planets in 12th house. i looked at taurus rising - i have some of the physical features as well- strong neck, lips, ski nose, strong for a girl. i guess at this point i have about 30 possible degrees as a rising sign. i am not sre how influential the rising sign is.i am very very intimate with my moon. :) oh well. thanx everyone. i think i learned a bunch through this discussion and i dont know but i think i might be closer to at least feeling which one it is :)

Jesusistheway

I didn't read the posts above me but I'd say a Pisces rising because according to an ex friend Aries faces look like dinosaurs and your doesn't lol plus your face looks ethereal so I'd say pisces!

Jesusistheway

Hey sunfood,

My sis is a pisces rising and your face now reminds me of a fish like quality that my sister a pisces rising has... My old friend now has me comparing signs to animals ? Now onto to questions that pertain to my sis of her piscean ascendant... Do you soak up other people's problems, feelings and situations? (reference to her work). She does. Now.. are you psychically sensitive and receptive to the vibes around you and do you go with your gut or intuition? Are you a natural healer? If all of the above there is a good chance your a piscean ascendent. The downside of a piscean asc is taking other people's problems as your own, not coping with it too well cause you want everyone to be in a good place, denying things that are hard to deal with at times, etc. So this is some stuff my sister experiences to a degree. She has an ethereal aura perhaps if you have a light colored aura I'd say a another whammy to that. And I agree about the chameleon trait thingy. I have my moon in pisces and I'm a night baby so it kinda sux sometimes but its interesting.

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
I didn't read the posts above me but I'd say a Pisces rising because according to an ex friend Aries faces look like dinosaurs and your doesn't lol plus your face looks ethereal so I'd say pisces!

What??? That is hilarious...but if I was Aries Rising, perhaps I would take offence!

...what kind of dinosaur?

Jesusistheway

What??? That is hilarious...but if I was Aries Rising, perhaps I would take offence!

...what kind of dinosaur?

I should not take credit for my friend's ideas seriously she is the master mind. But I think she said T Rex if I recall, I think.

An aquarius reminded her of alien like qualities, gemini asc like cats, lol...

This girl was very uranic is her thinking and one of the reasons why I don't talk to her anymore but I miss her blab what can I say.

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
I should not take credit for my friend's ideas seriously she is the master mind. But I think she said T Rex if I recall, I think.

An aquarius reminded her of alien like qualities, gemini asc like cats, lol...

This girl was very uranic is her thinking and one of the reasons why I don't talk to her anymore but I miss her blab what can I say.

...hmmm...your friend sounds interesting and most peculiar!:lol: