Is Neptune an Astrological Planet?

petosiris

Banned
I come from 2039.

Scientists have discovered 8 more planets like Planet X and Neptune and expect many more, so the IAU has decided to remove all of them from the list of planets and return to the seven traditional planets model (requiring naked eye observation) so that astronomy is not too hard for kids in school.

Opal

Premium Member
Once we have a planet representing each sign of the zodiac, are we fulfilled or do we look for more?

david starling

I've noticed that the attitude of materialistic scientists, is: IF, in the wildest stretch of their (very limited) imaginations, they were to irrationally indulge in astrology themselves, they would be Constellationalists with Sign-boundaries to fit the unequal lengths of the zodiacal constellations.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
I've noticed that the attitude of materialistic scientists, is: IF, in the wildest stretch of their (very limited) imaginations, they were to irrationally indulge in astrology themselves, they would be Constellationalists with Sign-boundaries to fit the unequal lengths of the zodiacal constellations.

Notice how dumb they are to adopt the inferior type of zodiac.

david starling

Neptune sets the new limit for what constitutes an astrological planet. If it doesn't doesn't approach closer to the Sun than Neptune, it's not in the immediate family. Neptune dethroned Saturn in that regard.

david starling

Saturn insists on being anti-magical and mystical. According to Saturn, it's all about loving a materialistic life of struggle and indifference to suffering. And then comes death, with no afterlife.

petosiris

Banned
Let me read some significations of Saturn when controlling the soul according to Ptolemy:

but if his position is the opposite and without dignity, he makes them sordid, petty, mean-spirited, indifferent, mean-minded, malignant, cowardly, diffident, evil-speakers, solitary, tearful, shameless, superstitious, fond of toil, unfeeling, devisers of plots against their friends, gloomy, taking no care of the body.

Saturn, allied with Jupiter... superstitious, frequenters of shrines

Allied with Venus in honourable positions Saturn makes his subjects haters of women, lovers of antiquity, solitary, unpleasant to meet, unambitious, hating the beautiful, envious, stern in social relations, not companionable, of fixed opinions, prophetic, given to the practice of religious rites, lovers of mysteries and initiations, performers of sacrificial rites, mystics, religious addicts, but dignified and reverent, modest, philosophical, faithful in marriage,

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/3D*.html#13

Saturn seems quite religious to Ptolemy.