Is the sixth house really about disease?

poyi

Premium Member
I feel like the descriptions for 7th aquarius are too general, do you have a good site?

Skyscript is one the more reliable reading sites.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aquarius.html

Parkers' Astrology by Julia and Derek Parker:

Aquarians have an original, idealistic streak and the more positively this is shown, the more fulfilled they will be.

Air sign and its inhabitants need air, both physically and metaphorically. They must realize how very stubborn they can be and should try to counter the tendency. When young, they are usually leaders of their generation, but sometime they continue to cling on youthful opinions, so that what was once a splendidly forward-looking nature becomes ultra-conservative.

Their chief fault is usually unpredictability but their independence can also make them very remote, causing emotional problems. Partners and friends may be justified in suspecting that sometimes Aquarians act out of sheer perversity.

Some keywords about Aquarius: Independently, humanely, distantly, unemotional, detached, intractable, contrary, perverse, friendly, humanitarian, honest, loyal, original, inventive, intellectual.

And again you should look into your Leo ascendant to learn about this sign.

Last edited:

Love2Know

Re: conscious and unconscious
they're not TOTALLY 'disconnected' for most people,
because we have the pre-conscious
which contains that which is gradually getting nearer to 'the surface'
until we're conscious of it

the Media tend to overly dramatize :smile:

I don't like dividing it up into categories like that, I don't believe it is the right way to look at it I think it is more of flow than levels. I don't know I never pursued psychology for these reasons. I would burst out laughing on exams.

JUPITERASC

PRE CONSCIOUS IS
'JUST BELOW THE SURFACE'
:smile:
levels_of_mind.jpg

JUPITERASC

I don't like dividing it up into categories like that, I don't believe it is the right way to look at it I think it is more of flow than levels. I don't know I never pursued psychology for these reasons. I would burst out laughing on exams.
Exam questions can be amusing
HOWEVER
There is a necessity for some form of 'marker' for purposes of discussion
to convey the actual situation is complex

Love2Know

Exam questions can be amusing
HOWEVER
There is a necessity for some form of 'marker' for purposes of discussion
to convey the actual situation is complex

Good point, you can understand it, work with it, develop it and use it in a dynamic fashion without totally agreeing with it.

JUPITERASC

Good point, you can understand it, work with it, develop it and use it in a dynamic fashion without totally agreeing with it.
Exactly
By the way the 6th/12th axis connection with animals
with 6th ruling small animals
and
12th house ruling large animals such as horses
means that in today's world 12th house is connected to your vehicle/car/van :smile:

poyi

Premium Member
I am not familiar with Brain Waves, but should be one way of looking at various level of consciousness, subconsciousness and unconsciousness. The active awaking wave is the Beta wave then the Alpha waves being the awake sleep REM. There are other brain waves (Delta, Theta, Mu, Gamma) have been studied of how irritability of these waves can lead to various diseases which is link directly to our conscious and unconscious mind actually.

Details read of Brain waves under Neural Oscillation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neural_oscillation

Delta wave links to Sleep deprivation, Parkinson's disease, Schizophrenia, Diabetes, Firbromyalgia, Alcoholism, depression, anxiety, etc all relevant to to the mind, in medical astrology wise, to do with the Mercury and Moon as well as to do with Sleep and dream Jupiter and Neptune. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_wave

General read of Beta and Alpha wave: http://www.mind-your-reality.com/brain_waves.html

poyi

Premium Member
http://www.hirnwellen-und-bewusstsein.de/brainwaves_1.html

Gamma brainwaves (100 - 38 Hz) were detected later than the other brainwaves, less is known about them so far. They have been seen in states of peak performance (both physical and mental), high focus and concentration and during mystic and transcendental experiences. A lot of research is currently being done on gamma brainwaves in the 40 Hz range during meditation. One of the characteristics of gamma waves is a synchronisation of activity over wide areas of the brain.
Gamma brainwaves are not easy to detect because of their low amplitude and can only partly be displayed on the Mind Mirror screen. Sometimes they may be seen as a narrow frequency band at 38 Hz.
Delta brainwaves (3 - 0.5 Hz) are the brainwaves of the lowest frequency and represent the unconscious. If we only produce delta we will find us in dreamless deep sleep, but we also see delta in various combinations with other brainwaves. They may then represent intuition, curiosity, a kind of radar, hunches or a "feeling" for situations and other people. Delta is often seen with people who work in therapeutic environments or professions and with people who have had traumatic experiences and have developed a "radar" for difficult situations.

I once heard from an astrologer said, those experienced extreme abuses and traumas at time become the most psychic person. She might be right.

You might have noticed that the "subconscious" and the "unconscious" are used here in almost the same way as there is no clear distinction or borderline between the two. Both states are normally inaccessible to the waking mind, and they are less close to our waking consciousness than a phone number that we usually know by heart but cannot remember in a given moment.

Let us agree to refer to the parts of the personality that normally are not conscious to us (theta) as the "subconscious", whereas the "unconscious" goes beyond the individual and includes the "collective unconscious" (C.G. Jung) and transpersonal aspects of consciousness (delta).

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

http://www.hirnwellen-und-bewusstsein.de/brainwaves_1.html

I once heard from an astrologer said, those experienced extreme abuses and traumas at time become the most psychic person. She might be right.
Birth itself clearly provides extreme trauma for both mother and newborn,
perhaps that explains the famous connection of mother to child

Today's world being packed with machines
such as computers
radio
tv
play stations
computer games,
multiple media images

therefore

many are distracted from being aware of information that in earlier
less distracting times
was clearly evident

for example
today we are indoors when working
or at leisure
so
not much time spent observing the local skies

so
we are closed to awareness of planetary cycles

poyi

Premium Member
You are right JA. Birth is extremely traumatic that is the pre-birth period of 12th house. I remember listening to my mother talking and in that memory I was in her womb that was extremely loud heartbeats sound and many other noises within her body. That was a very special memory that I have from before birth. I don't know if that is astrologically indicated. At most, I could only think of having Sun ruling 12th house in the 3rd.

I do look at the night sky a lot few times a week.

Love2Know

You are right JA. Birth is extremely traumatic that is the pre-birth period of 12th house. I remember listening to my mother talking and in that memory I was in her womb that was extremely loud heartbeats sound and many other noises within her body. That was a very special memory that I have from before birth. I don't know if that is astrologically indicated. At most, I could only think of having Sun ruling 12th house in the 3rd.

I do look at the night sky a lot few times a week.

You have womb memories?

Love2Know

Only that particular one. It was very strange and profound. I told my sister about that at very early age and she couldn't believe it. I don't think most people would believe me:lol:

Wow I never heard of that, well I used to be convinced, as a toodler, I was Hawaiian "royalty" so yeah, I mean that is not any more strange. I would not sleep without my hawiian music on lol. Except there is evidence you were in a womb!

JUPITERASC

...It is also interesting how different I am from my husband, our houses are all in the same signs.
Ideal way of highlighting importance of house and sign location of house rulers :smile:

As an example
note the house location
of your husband's 6th house sign ruler

compare with
the house location
of your own 6th house sign ruler

note the differences between your charts
not just the fact that the houses have same sign on cusp

mdinaz

Hello, MissScorpio!

It is not only traditional astrologers, even modern ones recognize that the 6th house is about diseases, as the 8th is connected to death and the 12th to hospital, pyschiatric institutes, etc.

The main difference between modern and traditional astrologers, as I see, is the working/servant themes, indeed. Modern astrologers say the 6th house is about your routine, your daily work, your schedule. According to traditional astrology, this is not so. The 6th house is about your servants, employees and subordinates (and not you being a servant, employee or subordinate). This is a very common confusion in modern astrology, to misinterpret the house meaning with the native meaning. So, for example, the 11th house is about the native's friends, and not how friendly is the native, or how the native deals with his friends.

The same goes to the 6th. It is about people who serve the native, and not how this native serves people, nor if he is a servant for someone.

I have to disagree somewhat - the western hemisphere is about energy we project out to the world, how we engage with others. The sixth house is about how we serve others, and our selves - if we don't serve others and ourselves well, we can affect our health with dis-ease - not being at ease with life. The 12th house is where we manifest inner problems - and keep them hidden. The 6th house is where we manifest inner problems, but projected outward - either in our health, or the way we interact with other people. The 6th house is generally quincunx the ASC and the 11th house - because we have to continually make adaptations to our behavior in order to be of service to everyone, and ourselves. Incoming energy from the world (the ASC) has to be adapted to by 6th house planets. Energy projected outward to our friends and society has to be adapted to by the same 6th house planets. For some people that is difficult (quincux), and for some it may be easier (a trine) - depending on the chart and the locations of the planets in those houses.

My two cents

JUPITERASC

Hello, MissScorpio!

It is not only traditional astrologers, even modern ones recognize that the 6th house is about diseases, as the 8th is connected to death and the 12th to hospital, pyschiatric institutes, etc.

The main difference between modern and traditional astrologers, as I see, is the working/servant themes, indeed. Modern astrologers say the 6th house is about your routine, your daily work, your schedule. According to traditional astrology, this is not so. The 6th house is about your servants, employees and subordinates (and not you being a servant, employee or subordinate). This is a very common confusion in modern astrology, to misinterpret the house meaning with the native meaning. So, for example, the 11th house is about the native's friends, and not how friendly is the native, or how the native deals with his friends.

The same goes to the 6th. It is about people who serve the native, and not how this native serves people, nor if he is a servant for someone
According to SAHL :smile:

'….The 6th domicile is Cadent from the Ascendant, nor does it aspect it.
And it is a malign place and signifies infirmities (both separable and inseparable), and the causes of infirmities;
male slaves too;
and female slaves;
injustices
and changes from place to place....' Translation by Benjamin Dykes http://www.bendykes.com/

Virinchi

6th H is about loss to opponents (useful in judging court cases, speculation, sports, elections etc), disease, danger, seperation from partner/spouse, divorce, death of partner/spouse, loans etc

6th -danger
8th - threat
12th - defect

MissScorpio

Vir - sorry I don't agree with you.

Poyi - so would you say that as we go around the houses it defines us with age? For example, the first house being and infant , second child and so on. If a native was to have Saturn in the ninth house then perhaps they would not undergo the real test of life until there were about 50/60?