Is this a mutual attraction?

FreeWing

Hi everyone :smile:,

The guy that I'm refering to in this question is someone that I know from university, he also got in this year and he's doing my major aswell. However, we've never talked to each other mainly because he was not doing the same class schedule as I was, so I'd only see him occasionally in some classes. I'm not even sure that I know his name :andy: :lol:! However, I was already given my class schedule for this next semester and I believe that he will be on my classes! I'm about 80% sure, but there's a little degree of uncertainty due to the precise fact that I'm not sure if I know his name. :lol: (I already checked the names of the people who will be having my class schedule, so that's the reason I know :tongue:)

The first time that I noticed him was in one of my classes, he went a couple of times for some reason, probaby because he was unnable to attend the scheduled one for him on those weeks. I thought he was good-looking and my type, I did see him looking at me a few times but I honestly didn't put much credit into it, I thought it was only normal that he would be looking at other classmates that he hadn't met yet.

Now we're having finals for this semester and the two times that I had to go to university to take the exams I met him on the same bus. On the first time I didn't even notice that he was on the bus until I sat right behind him, totally unintentional!!! :lol: The second time it was yesterday and, once again, I didn't notice that he was on the bus either I until sat down. I sat in front of him this time, but there was a mirror/reflective thing in front of me, so I got to see the people who were behind me, and he was. I think I did saw him looking a few times at me but I wasn't too sure, he could be looking just in that direction...

Once we got to university, we ended up having the exam in the same classroom and there was a time, when we were about to enter the room, when he was walking in my direction, actually looking at me and he smiled - I admit I was confused, by the way that he smiled I even thought he was about to say something to me, lol. I was already physically attracted to him before, but that smile just got me thinking even more about it. :innocent:

But please don't get me wrong, I don't have any feelings whatsoever for him - I don't even know him, as I mentioned, lol! I just find him... Cute and, honestly, my type. :smile: (and I'm picky, shhhh!)

So my real question is... Is this attraction mutual?

R-1_zpsaae4b837.gif

I'm trying not to be biased by what I want the answer to this chart to be, but honestly, trying to look at this chart objectively... I think the answer is yes!

I am represented by Mercury in Aquarius and the Moon in Cancer. He is represented by Jupiter retrograde in Gemini.

Besides the applying trine aspect between both of our rulers, Jupiter and Mercury - which could represent our past growing attraction -, Jupiter receives Mercury by dignity, triplicity and term! To me, this definitely confirms that he is also attracted to me! :biggrin: On the other hand, the Moon receives Jupiter by exaltation, which definitely shows my attraction towards him. :eek:

I'm in better shape than he is, the Moon is dignified in Cancer and Mercury is in his own triplicity, while Jupiter is detrimented and retrograde, although in its own face, which gives it a little more strenght, neverthless. To me, this tells me that if things are to be developed in the future, I'll probably have to be the one to "make the first step". Although the fact that Jupiter is retrograde is an indication that there will be a change in Jupiter's situation once it turns direct... This could either signify a more direct approach of Jupiter or either the fact the he will be coming to my class this next semester (therefore changing from the past condition of attending other classes :)).

I'm very curious to know what are your opinions regarding this chart, thanks in advance!!!

ScorpioCancerian

Oh you just find him cute ? Wouldn't think so... :annoyed:

Let's take this step by step. Since you are asking if that is a mutual attraction between you and him I would more concentrate on Receptions and not to aspects. Aspects concerne facts. But what you asking here is no about a fact but motives : if he's interested in you the same way you are.

So you are Mercury and Moon. Mercury is the "head" of yours and Moon your woman primate instinct or else your emotional drive. He is Jupiter in his detriment and R. Surely not a good thing about that Jupiter. He's in a bad shape.

So what is going on here ... As Mercury (you ) you don't " see " Jupiter at any essential dignity. It's seems that your mind isn't so interesting to him. But as Moon ( your emotional piece ) is in the exaltation and terms of Jupiter. A bit over-enthousiastic over him. Exaltations won't last for much. So even if your "mind" doesn't like him at all, your woman side exalts him.

The poor man. Look Jupiter ! He's in Mercury's Rulership , Triplicity and Terms. I would say for sure : He really really really and once again really likes you. (He's sex-drive - Sun - likes you too. Sun in the triplicity of Mercury )

Once again. I wouldn't go for aspects here. You don't ask for something about to happen . You are asking for sentimental motives. Receptions will do just fine !

Greetings and blessings from Greece ! :smile:

aglaya

Hi, FreeWing!

Thanks for the detailed description of the background story, it is always extremely important to know the facts form the past to get a better picture of the situation - that is the only way to get a good delineation as well.

But please don't get me wrong, I don't have any feelings whatsoever for him

You're asking a Horary question about him, aren't you? :)

I am represented by Mercury in Aquarius and the Moon in Cancer. He is represented by Jupiter retrograde in Gemini.

Yes!

Besides the applying trine aspect between both of our ruler - which could represent our past growing attraction -

Unfortunately, it is a separating trine. Mercury is a swifter planet and it has already left the degree of the trine- it is now moving away from Jupiter. The aspect was partile at 6°25' .
Your logic is actually very good ("past growing attraction") only the meaning needs to be a wee bit adjusted - if a benevolent aspect is an indication of a positive activity and if the planet is moving away from it then, we could say that the planet is leaving her comfort zone, sort of speaking or that it is moving away from the positive activity. Or, other words, this could be an indication that the major activities are past their peak.

I know you don't like this but, this is a very dynamic chart, I'm sure you can find some other nice promises in it.

Jupiter receives Mercury by dignity, triplicity and term! To me, this definitely confirms that he is also attracted to me! On the other hand, the Moon receives Jupiter by exaltation, which definitely shows my attraction towards him.

I have to say that I would put this the other way around but, it is true that we have mixed mutual reception and an aspect which does indicate mutual attraction. Jupiter went into your rulership (the greatest dignity) showing his affection for you. There, it is received by your ruler in two of its major dignities- rulership and triplicity (since it is a night chart), and in one minor dignity-term. I don't think we even need to do the maths here- it is a sign of mutual affection.

The trouble with this Jupiter is that its motion and shape currently don't look to good which you already noticed.

I'm in better shape than he is.....while Jupiter is detrimented and retrograde, although in its own face, which gives it a little more strenght, neverthless

True, now that he has enter into one of his minor dignities, he is probably feeling better than he used to. In this chart, he is even angular and conjunct one of the most potent places in the chart (MC) which gives it an additional accidental fortitude. However, it is still very weak, both essentially and accidentally. Due to his current retrograde motion, he is currently moving away from the cusp, rather than rushing to use its power (that is why retrogradation is often referred to as unnatural motion) and, most importantly- it is detrimental. A detrimental planet is having hard time expressing its true nature and its main characteristics can sometimes become twisted. In this particular case, I don't think the situation is presenting him as a very negative guy, especially given that he is receiving a trine from the greater Light but there is something odd about his movement and shape.

However, your ruler is currently damaged too! It is combust by the Sun! A combustion often indicates a lack of information or an inability to receive them as the planet, exposed to the sun rays, is symbolically blinded. In addition, it could be an indication of a very strong (and, unfortunately, often negative) influence coming from either a Sun ruled person or an activity represented by the Sun. The Sun is, in this case, bringing the energy of the 12th house into the 5th which suggests either secret matters or your own thoughts, self-esteem and state of mind. The 12th also governs isolation, solitude, things going on, simply, behind the curtain. You'll probably decipher its influence easily.

What IS worth examining in this chart, is that the Sun is actually the next planet to form a partile aspect with L7. The orbn of the application is already very tight and the aspect will become partile in app. 1,5°. The Sun is yet another planet that is currently essentially weakened due to being placed in his own detriment and, although the planets are applying into a trine, with both of them in their own detriments, we can hardly say that this is a very bright picture but it is an important activity that actually involves your ruler - Mercury and Sun performed a conjunction at the very end of the previous sign, then you touched Jupiter by trine and now Jupiter is about to receive a trine from the Sun. This brings you in some sort of connection and I think that it would be worth investigating it a bit more especially since the Sun can also be a person. (Have you recently been in an relationship?)

To me, this tells me that if things are to be developed in the future, I'll probably have to be the one to "make the first step".

Great observation- your planet is faster. True. Another testimony of this is Jupiter's current velocity (app 20% of its average speed and walking backwards ).
However, that step belongs to the past; you're the more active party (it is you who is asking the Question, after all! :) ) and you somehow managed to get close to him (in the bus, in school etc.). but, it is now a separating aspect.

Although the fact that Jupiter is retrograde is an indication that there will be a change in Jupiter's situation once it turns direct...

Jupiter will first turn stationery and, before it starts increasing in speed, it won't be able to catch up with your ruler any more- your ruler is faster and it will be far from its sight when he starts walking normally again.

However, you still have the Moon. The Moon rules the Question and describes the future events. It has recently entered into her own rulership, it is near the cusp of the 11th although still technically inside the 10th (but both houses are good) and applying in to a trine with Saturn. The Moon is currently inconjunct with both of your rulers (Jupiter is in the adjacent house, Mercury is also cadent from her perspective) which doesn't allow her to connect the two of you or provide a direct help.
The application of the Moon to Saturn is not really the happiest thing to see in a romance Horaray chart because it often involves a sense of rejection and coldness, even when the planets are communicating via a benevolent aspect. In this particular case, whilst essentially well dignified herself, the Moon is having hard time softening this Saturn from the place of his detriment which calls for caution.
Saturn rules the cusp of the 5th, it is your dispositor and talks about the activities governed by the 5th. Since that is exactly where your ruler went (fun, pleasure, sexual affairs etc.), it is relevant for this story. In addition, Saturn is the dispositor of the Sun- the next planet to form an aspect with L7. Quite a few things you might need to try to decipher.
Moon in cancer and near the 11th cusp could be suggesting an outer influence coming from a third party (a female, a friend) or any similar intervention by the 3rd party. If you decide to keep it inside the 10th, then we are talking either about the Quesited's home (Moon in cancer rules mothers and wives) or another symbolism of the radical 10th.

I hope this helps,

cheers,
aglaya

FreeWing

Thank you both for your observations!!! :smile:

Haha, well, what I meant is that I don't have romantic feelings for him in the sense that I feel love for him, I don't really know him after all... For now it's just a physical thing... A strong attraction. :sideways:

Aglaya, no I haven't been in a relationship for a while now!

You two definitely gave me some food for thought and I will keep you update on what happens... The next semester starts in middle February, so we'll see how things develop... :smile: Although this chart was made regarding a "present" situation, not sure if it can be applied to what will happen in the future? Or can it?

Thanks again! :kissing:

aglaya

Please, do keep us posted, knowing the outcome is always good- that's our practice, after all. :)

The Sun is an influence of another kind then- give it a closer inspection.

as for the timing- Horary charts capture the whole situation, not only the very present moment. (they'd be useless if they weren't! :) ) they give us just about enough informations about the past events that we need to put all the pieces of the puzzle together and just about enough future influences necessary to answer the main question. How many, how long, how much- that always depend on the chart. Some charts will give us an information regarding the time a few years from now, others will concentrate onto the most proximate future.

Cheers,

aglaya