Who does runes here or practices the art

SimplyRed

I am doing a research project on runes and what sign or aspects are in the natal chart to predispose people to be drawn to runes.

So far, Scorpio seems a winner.

Or could be personal planets in either Sag or Libra. or something else entirely.

I have been studying runes since 92 and found only a certain group of people practice them. What is odd, they are not drawn to tarot cards.

Thanks for any birthdata and info you care to share.
SimplyRed

I have used runes quite a bit in the past, but I don't prefer them. I still have to look up meanings in the book. hmmm, I think you've inspired me to get them out...I've acquired 3 sets over the years and they pretty much sit collecting dust. They are very accurate but I usually have to use them in conjunction with tarot cards to get a bigger picture. I have even made my own with stones we found in a gorge. I have neptune in scorpio.
Here is my chart
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k207/astrochart/MyNatalChart.jpg

SimplyRed

Thanks, The chart could not see well for some reason.

Yea, runes are very accurate at times.

Please, Birthdate, time studying runes.
Do you do divination, bindrunes, or how do you use them. Do you read for other people? or just personal knowledge and understanding.
Thanks in Advance

You have to click on the chart to enlarge it, you'll notice a little magnifying glass when you roll the pointer over it. My data is September 10, 1969, 11:47pm, Rochester, NY.

I usually read for people I know. When I do a tarot reading I will have them pick 3 runes to go with the cards that were picked. It just gives a little more depth to the reading. I probobly have used the runes once in the last year though and I don't know why that is. I am very intuitive but not without the aid of the cards, or astrology charts for that matter. I have to have something to put me in a direction. I wish I could be intuitive on my own, but my imagination is way to active and most of the time I can't tell the difference between the two. That would be a 6th house neptune in scorpio! The cards actually speak to me, something will stand out to me like a sore thumb, or i can actually see the pictures on the cards moving. The cards themselves have to be very detailed, I depend on lots of activity in the cards because that is the only way I know for sure if I am on the right track, for instance recently I did a reading for a friend I am not real close with I asked "who has a tatoo with the skull" It was the sisters boyfriend and I just rolled from there. I usually do a 3 card read for myself every morning (if I have time) just to see what I am in for that day. But i must say it is nearly impossible to do a full reading on myself because I know how I want the reading to work out and I will figure out a way to read it the way I want to see it....not good.

Light

Another Nep in Scorpio (12th conj ASC) who Runes - although I haven't done them for many many years. So long I've forgotten them. I've never had much luck with the Tarot , I just can't seem to get anything. Lately, though I've been having some luck with the spherical crystal, I just wish I had more people to practice on. :(

good luck with your research

light

SimplyRed

thanks Guys,

A teacher from England has gladly voluteered some of her student's info.

Scorpio across the board, even the teacher.

So, I need at least 50 people.

I really wonder about it. I just have scorpio MC.
I know someone who gets into rune divination heavy. and he is a scorpio, his wife uses crystals, a Cancer. She said, I do not understand them, but respect them.

runes are also associated with the occult and Bindrunes can be made for various things. protection, health, not many people do them.
Freya quotes in her book, the energy of runes is very high. Maybe that is why Scorpio so far.

freedomlover

I have used Runes in the past. Actually, Runes was the first form of structured divination that I used. I quickly switched to Tarot soon thereafter - mostly because there was just so much more training material available on Tarot. I felt very comfortable with the Runes, though, and would be still using them.... But
I loaned them to a friend a few years ago and never got them back. I've thought many times in the last few months that I wish I still had them.

I'm a Sag Sun/Aquarius Moon. I have Neptune in Scorpio in the 10th house. I also have the generational Uranus/Pluto conjunction in Virgo in the 8th house.

I also used to have a good friend who was adept at Rune reading. She was a triple Cancer. She was born in 1968, so I think she was still in the Neptune in Scorpio generation.

SimplyRed

Thanks Freedom lover, I have your birth data

Could you get her complete birth data. Triple Cancer, I imagine she has great energy control and a sensitive person.
She must love water as well.

freedomlover

SimplyRed,

She was born 7-8-67 in Wilmington, NC at 7:01am. ( I was mistaken when I said 1968 - she was born in 1967.) She has amazing psychic ability - a professional psychic/tarot reader, read runes, crystal ball, etc. She has incredible ability to imagine and focus. She is also very accomplished at folk medicine type of healing. I don't recall her having an over-fondness for bodies of water, etc - not any more than I, and I'm a Sag. (I've often wondered why in the world, I - of all people- absolutely pine away if I'm not near some kind of body of water.) However, I do recall she was extremely fond of long baths, and made her own bath salts, etc.

Carole

I do runes once in a while, and I feel as comfortable with them as with the tarot. Although I do tarot readings mostly because of my client's preferences, I use them alternatively with my Witches Runes deck in my personal readings. I have been into them for seven years now.
I am a double Scorpio, Neptune in Scorpio. You can see my chart in my Personal Page.

Good Luck!:)

Carole

astrobhadauria

Dear
"Virgo96019"
I read your chart by Vedic Astrology,and find "Rahu" in 9th house giving some informations about you like The native will be a hardworking person, an ascetic, sympathetic, and affectionate towards one's family. One may be migratory, will visit religious places and will be a religious, kind and cultured person. One will be scholarly, respected, honored and recognized. One will amaze everyone with one's talents. The native will be devoted to God and religious places and will have faith and belief. One will not forget favors and will always be grateful. One will always rear one's family. One will donate money, perform pious deeds, will follow family traditions and be well known. The native will not leave work incomplete and will strive very hard in order to succeed and attain one's goal. One will be reformative, have progressives self control and will make efforts to work for the welfare of the people. One will be skilled at varied arts. One will have royal connections. The native will be happy, wealthy, prosperous and possessing various jewels and ornamental clothes. One will have many servants at home. One will be wealthy happy and fortunate. One will be victorious in big gatherings. One will obey one's spouse. One will be affectionate towards friends. One will benefit from domestic trade. One will be the chief of one's village or city. There would not be any unity among brothers. The brothers will progress only if they are separated. The planet will give excellent results. The native may be the only son of one's father, or one may be the eldest or youngest, one may have elder or younger sisters. If sisters are not there, this combination of planets is fatal for brothers.
Also I read ketu in 3rd House
Auspicious Results : The native is strong and patient. One will live with charitable people. The native is talented, wealthy and happy. One will attain materialistic pleasures, wealth and enlightenment in great degrees. This person attains strength, longevity, wealth, fame, spouse, and good food, and the enemies are destroyed and subdued. The native worries uselessly. One will be fearful, restless and agitated. One will believe in ghosts and spirits or will be devoted to them. One will be fearful of and annoyed with society. One's brothers may be destroyed. One may have to suffer hardships on their account. One's friends may be harmed. One's friends may suffer hardships and be may also be fearful of losses due to friends. The native may be troubled by worthless arguments. The native may suffer pain due to heart ailments, loss of hearing and injury on the shoulder.The native specially suffer from inauspicious results.
Dasha of Mars and Rahu is giving results like:-
Interpretation of the Maha Dasha of Mars General Interpretations General effects which are felt during the Maha Dasha of Mars are as follows – – There may be fear from those in authority, domestic quarrels, and enmity with spouse, children, and relatives is possible. – One may have to consume contaminated food. – There may be problems from thieves, fire, bondage, etc. – There may be pain due to acidity, blood infection and fever resulting in unconsciousness. Specific Interpretations Interpretations based on the condition of the planet and other influences in the birth chart and divisional charts are as follows – – During this period prosperity, wealth, land and money are acquired from the state and from the country. – Good clothes and food are acquired. – Auspicious functions like weddings and yagyas may take place. – During this period one may suffer from pain, imprisonment and loss of wealth. – Extreme pain and sufferings are foreseen. – One may have to move away from one's motherland due to some state displeasure and will be separated from spouse and friends. – The spouse may suffer harm or pain during the Maha Dasha of Mars. – One may suffer from ailments of the kidney or urinary problems. This does not happen when Mars is exalted or accompanied by an exalted graha. – There is a possibility of business losses and destruction of wealth. – One may have to migrate or travel far away. – Kingdom and wealth may be attained and ambitions may be fulfilled. – Increase in the devotion to God and lords is foreseen. – Fame through social work may be attained. – Wealth, gold and ornaments may be gained. – There may be unhappiness due to quarrels but victory may be attained in conflicts. Interpretation of the Maha Dasha of Rahu General Interpretations General effects which are felt during the Maha Dasha of Rahu are as follows – – There may be unhappiness due to various reasons, physical hardships and a state of mindlessness may prevail. – There may be fear from thieves, powerful persons, poison and weapons. – Happiness, wealth and worldly conditions may cause worry. – Children may suffer and separation from children and dear ones may cause unhappiness. – One may fear insult and defame from lowly people. – Some ill deed may cause defame. – There may be a change of job, and residence abroad is possible. – Diseases may cause pain and one may be inclined towards quarreling. – Rahu will give excellent results. – During the excellent Maha Dasha of Rahu, one may attain wealth and there will be an advent of money and religious inclinations. – Pious deeds are performed. The dasha of Rahu normally lasts for 18 years. – The 6th and 8th years are the most painful ones. – Rahu is exalted in Taurus, Gemini (according to a different viewpoint), a Mool Trikona in Cancer, Aquarius and a friendly planet in Aries. Specific Interpretations Interpretations based on the condition of the planet and other influences in the birth chart and divisional charts are as follows – – One may suffer due to weakness, venereal diseases, cough, asthma and urinary ailments. – There may be fear due to the powerul, cheating by thieves and destruction of one's family. – Fear of those in authority, upheavals in business and loss of job is possible. – There may be fear of fire, thieves, ailments and harm to religion and work. – There may be physical weakness, conflicts in the community, fear of those in high places, enemies and thieves. – Ailments due to cough and urinary problems may arise. – Father and elderly family members may suffer extreme pain. – Friends may be separated and some elder or a dear friend may die. – Transfers or long journeys may be undertaken. – Wealth and children may be harmed. – Opportunities of going on pilgrimages, taking holy baths and swimming in the ocean are possible. – The mind may be inclined towards good deeds. – Business may yield ordinary profits, wealth and victory may be attained. – One may be physically healthy and happy.

SimplyRed

Carole said:
I do runes once in a while, and I feel as comfortable with them as with the tarot. Although I do tarot readings mostly because of my client's preferences, I use them alternatively with my Witches Runes deck in my personal readings. I have been into them for seven years now.
I am a double Scorpio, Neptune in Scorpio. You can see my chart in my Personal Page.

Good Luck!:)

Carole

Thanks Carol. I do readings myself. I have found a few people who want rune readings, but they are from the UK or have been there visiting.

Thank you, I am curious, as this seems more than chance that this many rune people are Scorpio or some Sag, and as mentioned a triple Cancer.

Interesting, what rune do you feel an affinity with. I like wunjo and sometimes Gebo. Funny, I had to keep changing my password over and over for the past hour. LOL, and something odd happened related to runes and I could log in. There is a site you probably are familiar with. Do not have the url, but he only does bindrunes for a living and lives in England. He has so much back work he cannot keep up. He is ten weeks behind.
Freya Aswyan is a rune expert and she is a Scorpio. She wrote Leaves of Yggdrasil. She is an astrologer and does rune divination both.

lilllybelle

I youst to do rune readings for myself, but I ended up giving my set away because I felt like they were creating negative energy in my life. I still do a reading online on occasion. I had the same experience with tarrot decks. I'll buy a deck, but then I come to the conclusion that my interaction with the cards is creating negativity for me, so I always end up giving the cards away. I still go and get professional readings on occasion though. I youst to get that same negative feeling with astrology, but the feeling dissipated with time. I think it has to do with me knowing that I have ultimate say so in my life and that nothing in life is set in stone. I also don't like to let my astro studies leave me feeling stuck in the head. 05-29-77 1:12 P.M. Columbus, GA, USA