Hermetic Lots

MSO

How do you use the Hermetic Lots?

If you have natal planets conjunct them, what signification does this hold?

When transiting planets contact them, does it do anything? What aspects do you consider?

MSO

7 Lots used in ancient times, one of which is very popular today.

Lots of Fortune, Spirit, Eros, Necessity, Courage, and Nemesis.

Moog

I think most people will know them as 'lots', 'arabic lots' or 'arabic parts' and might not have heard them referred to as 'hermetic'.

I only count 6 there listed there. What's the last one?

Culpeper

Premium Member
On the Education Board there is a thread called the Five Lots of Fate. These are also Hermetic Lots. One way to read these lots is to make the house they are in the first house and then read this new chart. The Lot of Venus chart, for instance, could be read for marriage, sex, children, what you attract, good times etc. Whole sign houses work best for this.

MSO

On the Education Board there is a thread called the Five Lots of Fate. These are also Hermetic Lots. One way to read these lots is to make the house they are in the first house and then read this new chart. The Lot of Venus chart, for instance, could be read for marriage, sex, children, what you attract, good times etc. Whole sign houses work best for this.

That whole thread is entirely confusing and I still can't figure out how he managed to turn his chart for the ascendant :unsure: My Solar Fire software seems to be immune to doing what I want it to...

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
The only way I've seen the Hermetic lots used is through Aphesis. There's a program you can find (also called Aphesis) that will release from those specific lots and you can find high and low points in your life through the filter of certain lots.

This method is sort of newish and newly re-discovered within...probably the last decade? So there's really not a whole lot of data on it. I know that Fortune relates to the body and health matters, Spirit relates to Career or spiritual matters, and Eros typically relates to our relationships (but not necessarily in a sexual way). The others aren't as well documented at this time. I've had some experiences with Nemesis, but one man's anecdote is hardly noteworthy.

MSO

One man's anecdote is noteworthy when there's no other information out there. It is in the very least a starting point to begin research!

Do feel free to post any and all thoughts on the parts you may have.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Okay, if you insist.

I know that when I entered a peak Nemesis period there was a period of time where I felt very persecuted at work. I had told my boss that there was something going around with some of my co-workers and that I wasn't comfortable with it and felt she should be aware of, but then all those people found out and I got in trouble for gossiping. Things like that happened where I was made the bad guy for just reporting things, so I think Nemesis has to do with infamy...

JUPITERASC

I think most people will know them as 'lots', 'arabic lots' or 'arabic parts' and might not have heard them referred to as 'hermetic'.
I only count 6 there listed there. What's the last one?

The Hermetic lots are a specific set of seven lots
each associated with one of the seven visible planets - including the Sun and Moon :)
-bthat were attributed to the figure Hermes Trismegistus

in the Hellenistic tradition of astrology.