A place for negativity?

Kuntuzangmo

Recently I've witnessed up close people getting into bouts (and when Mars was crossing back and forth over my ascendant participated myself). Emotions run high, insults flung left and right, nasty words, nasty emotions, observers of the bouts then talk about it, take sides etc....seems to never end......you know, a time honored human phenomena. :cool:
I personally feel that debate, exploring differing ideas through rigorous challenge is a really great thing. And in most societies, civil debate is expected....for instance in courtrooms, in hearings, in government etc...we see it all the time.
This highly civilized activity, however, in more mundane contexts usually gets railroaded by intense human emotion. Things escalate, people stop taking responsibility for their own thoughts and actions, they start accusing, dissembling, and soon what could have been a useful exercise descends into rigid positions of 'I'm right and you're wrong' and worse.
We love to feel passionate....about ideas, about our own views and positions, our cultures, religions...everything....but at what cost? Must we always make others wrong just because they have a different point of view? Is phenomena and possibility not vast enough so that differences can co-exist peaceably?
Or further, are we not vast enough to be able to actually take advantage of them and utilize differences for a greater whole?
We seem to have lost culturally (if we ever had) in our ordinary lives an appreciation, therefore a context, of healthy and happy challenge and debate.
We're viscerally suspicious of others' intentions and motivations, and perhaps rightly so. I don't know. Motivation might be an entire topic itself.
I'm curious how others feel about this and look forward to any comments on this subject.

Kuntuzangmo

Re: A place for negativity? ps....

Well, I see I'm somewhat behind the times.
I've just been reading lots of the posts in the forum regarding problems in here.
What a civilized place indeed!
:D

Re: A place for negativity? ps....

argumentativeness can be quite easily seen in a chart, either mars square mercury, mercury square uranus, planet in libra -- make debators but they can be argumentative to....

Same with bad temper - mars square uranus, physical violence, mars square pluto. It's all in the aspects -----

Neptune Rising

Agreed with the Mercury/Mars, and Mercury/Uranus aspects, oooo very argumentative! :biggrin:

Also those ones in the transit, yea watch out!

Having a little look at the forum chart, we have transiting Lilith/Chiron conjuncting the natal Mercury. We've had Sun/Mercury transiting opposite the natal Mars these last few days. Hmm a bit of ego battles going on me thinks. :w00t: Natal Mars is sextile the natal Uranus...

And hey presto, guess what is coming up in the next year... Feb/March 2011 transiting Pluto conjuncting the natal 7 degree Capricorn Mars first pass, with Jupiter joining in with a transiting square... tr Mercury joins up with Jupiter in March. I'll be in India, popping in from time to time, time permitting.

I'm sure it will be quite transformative, but at what consequence...? Hopefully, ultimately one in which the astrology remains a subject of chat.

NR

We're viscerally suspicious of others' intentions and motivations, and perhaps rightly so. I don't know. Motivation might be an entire topic itself.

I think it's an ethical concern when it comes to questioning other people's motives, rather than a moral or self-righteous one. None of our motives are totally clean, but they can be pure in their intention. As long as we focus on achieving purity within in our actions, doing it for the sake of what know to be true, there is no harm in struggling to understand one another's concern for each other's behavior.

I myself have Pluto conjunct my MC, with Neptune Rising on my Ascendant, so I know quite on a bit about people projecting onto me their own issues, and having to deflect powerfully through my own sense of power. Moreover, SN in Libra is also conjunct my MC, so I innately know that when I extend my power over others, I have to do in a balanced, careful, and refined way. I can never act on my own demands or desires. I can show people how they can be powerful however, by acting the part for them, which is when Neptune comes into play, and my own NN in Aries in the 3rd house. I know very well the distinction between honoring a higher good and sense of wellness, connected to Pluto in Scorpio as the Sign of healing, and Libra SN in the 9th, connecting balanced virtue and responsibility to how I restore a sense of healing, peace, and power in what I manifest and do, as the 10th house indicates.

What I find interesting is that with my own need to resolve and redeem myself as an individual, since as people, we can never be perfect, I have to call on my Sun in Cancer conjunct Mercury in Leo, so Mother (Protective) plus Ego (self-will as a way to communicate) this objective has a platform on which to be established. These are Square, and with Neptune Rising people often misread me, or I run the risk of undermining my own capacity to bring strength, wellness and justice, to those around me. The emphasis is for me to speak my peace, and my piece, as indicated by NN Aries in the 3rd. Mars is in Capricorn, so I have to act as authority, or to harness my self will in the most exalted sense, that is to be unafraid to act powerfully, but to not codone non-virtuous behavior in my actions, and those around me. Sun is also Trine Saturn, so my will directed towards responsibility is natural for me, and with Saturn being in the 11th house, I assume a natural position of authority, and am well received once I listen to the call of all my planets to commend me to act honorably.

With Venus in Virgo, in the 8th, the way I relate is very clear, pure, and also at the very root or base of our motivations, both dark and light. I myself have never been afraid of these.

When I think about negativity as it relates to my own chart, I have to think about power. When we work with power, and in my case, when you are asked to conduct power and influence in a strong and honorable way, it's important that while I might not codone certain behaviors, I never condemn people, or throw them off a cliff. I simply act honorably, but also honestly, and by the light of justice (Libra NN at the top and NN Aries at the bottom) and when the light is shed, those who misuse and abuse their own self-power, and sense of empowerment, are the ones to suffer at their own hands and actions. We are ultimately the only source of self-undoing, save for the questionable biology, psychology even, of certain types. Even then, however, I have often wondered why Schizophrenics only want to committ evil things unto others, when, by definition, to act out of control of one's sense of self, simply means that anything could occur. I'm not suggesting that there really aren't some very sick people in this world, because there are, but the only thing we can do is banish those people, we cannot change them, they can only change themselves, once they recognize they have the power to do so. This can include making the responsible decision for example, to take a prescribed medication.

As for negativity itself, of course there is a place for negativity, because power must connect to it's polar opposite to function, but negativity is neither good nor bad in this sense, it just is. I think back the basic laws of physics, if there is one energy pulling everything downwards, then there is another energy pulling everything upwards. When it comes to people however, we must recognize that this happens on a very small level, and the macro or surface experience of being an empowered living individual, is recognizing you have a choice and a responsibility to act within heartfelt and compassionate way. Compassion however, is not always soft.

Last edited:

pudinnpop

Um this is how i feel........... Check attachment!!

Attachments

• 26996_10150296800335001_811940000_11474506_919117_n.jpg
    26996_10150296800335001_811940000_11474506_919117_n.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 23

Neptune Rising

All

I have deleted the personal attack. Please keep the topic of the thread away from personal attacks, and onto 'A place for negativity'.

Thanks
NR

pudinnpop

No its defintley not about yours!!!

So with that said ill add my two cemts about the topic at hand..

I would like to see the forums go back to being a nice place seriously!!

I liked NR respnse because ir answered my questions about WTH is goin on in the sky and these forums...Now i know!

So thank YOU NR for the post,helped claryify some stuff for us!!

Neptune Rising

pudinnpop, we dont allow personal attacks from anyone on the forum.

If you choose to see it in a certain way that is a matter of perception.

I have moderated each and every person equally on this forum. If you had someone personally attack you, I would not hesitate to delete or edit their comment. It does not matter who it is, we will always protect members from personal attacks.

pudinnpop

Agreed with the Mercury/Mars, and Mercury/Uranus aspects, oooo very argumentative! :biggrin:

Also those ones in the transit, yea watch out!

Having a little look at the forum chart, we have transiting Lilith/Chiron conjuncting the natal Mercury. We've had Sun/Mercury transiting opposite the natal Mars these last few days. Hmm a bit of ego battles going on me thinks. :w00t: Natal Mars is sextile the natal Uranus...

And hey presto, guess what is coming up in the next year... Feb/March 2011 transiting Pluto conjuncting the natal 7 degree Capricorn Mars first pass, with Jupiter joining in with a transiting square... tr Mercury joins up with Jupiter in March. I'll be in India, popping in from time to time, time permitting.

I'm sure it will be quite transformative, but at what consequence...? Hopefully, ultimately one in which the astrology remains a subject of chat.

NR

Ok??? I was merley saying thank you to this post(above)......

Neptune Rising

Sorry Pudinnpop you lost me there... you have quoted my first post, it was an analysis of the forum chart and the energies around the forum lately being a bit 'firey'...?

T-2000

Banned
(edit attacking comment)

Ummmm Along story with all planets plus sun and moon in a retrograde motion.:biggrin:

I really wish the thread starter could find a space to communicate with other members about his/her subject.

God bless us all.

We are facing a disaster, Could it be the grand cross in progress?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuntuzangmo

"I really wish the thread starter could find a space to communicate with other members about his/her subject."

....it's happening T-2000.

Thank you!:love:

Neptune Rising

Okaaay.

Its clear that there are some 'challenging' vibes here on the forum, quite clear.

Trying to push each other out, making one right and the other wrong will not solve this. Always going to be people that each of us don't like.

Perhaps its best if the people who do not like each other, avoid each other?

If personal attacks happen, either privately or publically, we will moderate. And if its private attacks then please let us know. But also maybe we can help ourselves by avoiding the people who make us annoyed/mad....?

NR

T-2000

Banned
Okaaay.

Its clear that there are some 'challenging' vibes here on the forum, quite clear.

Trying to push each other out, making one right and the other wrong will not solve this. Always going to be people that each of us don't like.

Perhaps its best if the people who do not like each other, avoid each other?

If personal attacks happen, either privately or publically, we will moderate. And if its private attacks then please let us know. But also maybe we can help ourselves by avoiding the people who make us annoyed/mad....?

NR

Sure NR,,, The thread is on track.

Just be aware of interfearences here and issues of manipulations and you will not see any flame wars...

We all here respect eachother.
And help eachother in a friendly way.

Kuntuzangmo

You know, when I initially wrote the first part....I hadn't read all of the swirling around the recent negativities. But as I suggested right afterward.....when I did read....I was really taken with how issues are getting resolved in here generally.
I'm not saying that outbursts, insults, misunderstandings etc...don't occur.
But what I've seen now in terms of issues being discussed and resolved in what appears to be cogent, open and respectful manners is admirable and uplifting.
So I'm really pleased in what I see generally in the forum.
:love: