Will they take an interest in my application?

07.Re

I have just spent the better part of the day addressing the selection criteria of a job that I am applying for. Now that I've done my homework and typed out my response to these questions, I asked "Will they take an interest in my application"?

Please could someone help intrepret this. I'm not skilled in turning the chart at all.

Many thanks!

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/4976/astro2gw69willtheytakea.gifhttp://yfrog.com/1rastro2gw69willtheytakeag

DiDi

hi
well ill take a stab, its a hard one thou...

you are mercury in the 7th in a strong house but going retro..( showing you've been re-doing your application a lot)(7cap)

the question pertains to the 3rd house i feel as your wanting to know if they will take an interest in your application...
this is ruled by the sun in (19cap)

moon is placed in the 6th of duty and has just passed an aspect to your application.. i dont like something here with this.. mars is retro placed in the 3rd also...
but im wondering if the position is still available?

dont think ive been much help with this one sorry its a hard one.

DiDi

mercury should be going forward then.. so i think it should look good

I got a high job while merc was going retro and had to sign the papers at that time too, in the back of my mind i knew something would change my mind about the position.. sure enough it did pretty quickly to.... hate merc backwards

07.Re

mercury should be going forward then.. so i think it should look good

Whoohoo! Thanks Didi...Have you ever completed one of these Selection Criteria checklists? Hard work indeed! (Insert smilie with a glass of wine here because thats whats needed)

:w00t::biggrin:

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Ok, 07.
You are asking if Jupiter will take an interest in mercury's third house of applications.
You are Mercury in h7 and both your ruler and the people you are applying to(h7) are ruled by Saturn which is already a sign of *interest*-both having the same ruler helps a bit but we need more.Jupiter does receive Mercury but by Fall.
The paperwork is ruled by the sun, Lord of your third house and we see naughty mars is there.
I see pars fortuna in h11, your house of hopes and wishes, also large organisations/groups, about to trine mars-the application you have prepared.
Let's look at the paperwork itself-what state is it in?
The sun is in Saturn's sign and saturn is strongly located in h4 (the outcome).
However the sun is in your eighth house inconjunct mars in your third, suggesting you may need to make some alterations, adjustments to the paperwork.
Jupiter(them) is in the recipient's third,house of written communications and received communications.
How does Jupiter *receive* the sun?
Let's say that Saturn rules them both.(by dispositorship)The moon in a horary usually describes the nature of things.
The moon is in your sixth-fitting-its a question about *servitude*.Itapplies a square to jupiter (them) suggesting something still needs to be ironed out.The moon is past the sextile to the sun, ruler of the paperwork, suggesting an opportunity missed and also that you may be feeling abit *over it* after slogging away which is what mercury in cap does-going over things.
In conclusion,
I'd say the paperwork wont be ok by them in its current form. It needs a few changes. Perhaps have a go at an election chart to find a really good time to submit it and double check to make sure you havent left anything out.With venus, ruler of your 12th (self undoing) combust the sun, paperwork, I'd say something is not quite right with it there.
Cheers
Lilly

Last edited:

07.Re

Hmm... thanks Lilly. That is a really detailed interpretation.

I have submitted the 'paperwork', but as applications close on 22 January, I am able to make on-line changes until then. The company will take between 4 to 6 weeks to short list before I know of the outcome.

Perhaps I should wait until Mercury goes direct and resubmit. It also gives me more time to analyse my answers.

Thanks very much for the analysis

:)

I will keep you informed of the outcome.

lillyjgc

I have submitted the 'paperwork',

That's very interesting, because the paperwork, the sun, is in their possession...their second house (your eighth).

If they don't get back to you, maybe follow up yourself-after merc goes direct and after the eclipse...I wouldn't be surprised if your application gets hidden somehow as venus is tightly combust the sun.
Very good luck!
Cheers
Lilly

07.Re

I have submitted the 'paperwork',

That's very interesting, because the paperwork, the sun, is in their possession...their second house (your eighth).

If they don't get back to you, maybe follow up yourself-after merc goes direct and after the eclipse...I wouldn't be surprised if your application gets hidden somehow as venus is tightly combust the sun.
Very good luck!
Cheers
Lilly

Lilly, I have rechecked and changed the Selection Criteria list. I have asked the question "Have I done enough in writing for this to be successful". As this is an online application, I have until 22 January to change my submission.

The querent and third house ruler is Saturn - 10th house conjunct and moving towards the MC.

The moon is found conjunct the Asc separating from Saturn. But the moon is found in Mercury's terms (fitting) and Mercury is conjunct the moon applying a square to Saturn - so I don't think I have ironed out enough kinks.

Have I read this correctly?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_76_have_i_done_enough_in_writing_21679_796.jpg
    astro_2gw_76_have_i_done_enough_in_writing_21679_796.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 15

lillyjgc

By the look of it, there's nothing more you can do, but I'm not confident about a positive outcome here.
You are Saturn, the document is Saturn-it's in the strongest position it can possibly be-but there's no aspect to Saturn from the moon-the moon separates from the square to saturn-the changes you made-as the moon is in Mercury's sign and merc naturally rules correspondence.Merc does not perfect the square to Saturn, so something that might have been a problem has been averted. (the latter changes you made online maybe?)
Mercury rules your sixth house-and your tenth.
Nothing is happening with mercury except the moon separates from it on your ascendant which leads me to conclude there's nothing more you can do.
There's no aspect, either, from the moon to jupiter which sits in your third house and rules h4, the outcome.
The sun's tight applying sextile to Uranus on h4 cusp may imndicate a (positive) surprise ending for you.In this chart, the Sun rules h8-shared resources and the moon will set off that sextile when it conjuncts the sun.
However, a conjunction of the moon to the sun is seen as negative (combustion) in horary. And the moon is in the sign of its Fall, so can't act as well, or acts against the mission.
That's why I'm hesitant to say whether the application has got you the job or not. It looks like a close call to me.
Please keep us posted. We are all able to learn from this type of situation.
Cheers
Lilly

07.Re

Thought I'd update this thread and advise that I received communication today saying that my application was unsuccessful.

lillyjgc

07-Thankyou very much for the update...I'm sorry your application was unsuccessful-hopefully something better will come up for you.
Cheers
Lilly