Do Leos have a bad side to them?

Everything I read and hear about a sign that is my Sun, Mercury, Venus and Rising sign is all sunshines and rainbows. I am starting to imagine Leos as the carefree type of person that would never even hurt a fly.

Now this kind of worries me as someone with a ton of Leo in his chart.

Maybe I am interpreting astrologers wrong but they tend to portray this sign as very much a forgive and forget type of sign that at worst can only stay mad for a day yet move on. On the other hand it is a fixed sign so that makes no sense to me.

So is the bad side of a Leo pretty much a temper tantrum?

Syrus

Banned
Every sign has a darkside, every sign.

It's your moon that is kinda of into beef. Leo moons are less dark than a virgo moon.

Leo moons are lifes in sunrays, life is good. Royalty. You may eat at the kings table, wine and dine in all this feast with gold goblets and hyms. life is good, victory is near.

Virgo is a completely different story, everything is whiny and negative, constantly complaining, nothing is ever good enough, everything has to be perfect etc can never please them, can enever trust them either.

Last edited:

Starsareround

Coming from a Leo moon, that is actually a very good description of the emotional cadence of a Leo moon. It sounds so ostentatious but it’s kinda like that :)

katydid

My future son in law has a Leo trio in the 9th. Sun//merc/Chiron in Leo opposing Saturn in Aquarius.

He is very responsible, reliable and confident, but also self conscious at times. It is a weird combination because he is both confident and insecure.

Osamenor

Staff member
My future son in law has a Leo trio in the 9th. Sun//merc/Chiron in Leo opposing Saturn in Aquarius.

He is very responsible, reliable and confident, but also self conscious at times. It is a weird combination because he is both confident and insecure.

Sounds like the epitome of Leo. :biggrin:

Osamenor

Staff member
A keyword for Leo is Mastery.

And to master anything involves a mixture of confidence and insecurity. Like learning to ski or ride a bike: you have to have some confidence in order to make the attempt in the first place, but you keep wobbling and falling at first.

For Leo, the mastery is in sense of self. So the confidence and insecurity is all about self.

Starsareround

I wonder how that plays out in Sun expression vs Moon expression. The man I'm seeing is a Sun Leo and while he appears to have all the confidence in the world, he's actually more unsure of himself than I would initially have guessed. But he's competent and accomplished. I probably have more of a sense of trusting myself as Leo moon but am less outgoing. I feel I don't really need admiration (i'm kind of my own cheering squad-long story short: moon conjunct saturn in the 12th/ yucky childhood, hence a need to build myself up regardless) so I sometimes forget that he really does, and I need to supply it. Self mastery is big in both of our psyches.

I will say that when we are together both the positives and the negatives of Leo come out in full color. I was never close with a Leo before and it's nice to have that seamless connection...

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Vanity.., pompousness, false pride, arrogance, ignoble and base,, self-consumed, unfaithful, above the law, domineering.
Speaking as Leo Moon, the vast majority of these characteristics have applied to me. The knowledge of this has given me much to work with in my life. As you say later in the thread, the quest for mastery.
Thank you, gb.

Last edited:

AppLeo

Even though Leo’s have bad qualities, they are the best sign because the Sun is domicile in Leo.

Aquarians have the worst bad sides cuz opposite of home base for sun.

Osamenor

Staff member
Even though Leo’s have bad qualities, they are the best sign because the Sun is domicile in Leo.

Aquarians have the worst bad sides cuz opposite of home base for sun.

Is that how it works? So simple! :lol::lol:

Because of course astrology isn't complicated at all. :D

GemwDepth

Account Closed
As a Gemini, I do love Leos. Yet their pride and self-focus at times are....how should I say it? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

P.S. App, your Sun is on my NN.

AppLeo

As a Gemini, I do love Leos. Yet their pride and self-focus at times are....how should I say it? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

P.S. App, your Sun is on my NN.

omg were meant to be

Also, pride is good. And so is self-focus. How are you supposed to achieve great things without those qualities?