Random Thoughts, strictly Text

david starling

I'm not sure about the "combustion" theory. If you want to get technical, unless Merc is actually at its own node, it's not in the plane of the Ecliptic (where our zodiacal circle is located). So the Sun is really conjunct Mercury's line of Celestial Longitude, not the planet itself.

Mercury is currently 5 degrees Declination relative to the Sun, so not at its own node.

Chrysalis

I think merc rx has had me going back over studying things i don't fully understand.

Been studying sect again today, for some reason ive never been able to grasp the concept of it, even with some big help from CT once.

I think today ive finally got the jist of it.

david starling

I think merc rx has had me going back over studying things i don't fully understand.

Been studying sect again today, for some reason ive never been able to grasp the concept of it, even with some big help from CT once.

I think today ive finally got the jist of it.

That's another one I'm not certain about, although I tried it out. How about Moon being void of Course, meaning unAspected? It's supposed to be when it's not a good time to start a new venture.

Chrysalis

Yes because if the moons not making any future aspects in the sign its in...or making any future aspects to a planet when immediately changes signs, then there is nothing there, its void.

Moon void now for 18 degrees, till will then oppose saturn.

We all might aswell go sleep for a little while.

Its good to start something though during a VOC moon, if you don't want a result from something.

Last edited:

david starling

Yes because if the moons not making any future aspects in the sign its in...or making any future aspects to a planet when immediately changes signs, then there is nothing there, its void.

Moon void now for 18 degrees, till will then oppose saturn.

We all might aswell go sleep for a little while.

Its good to start something though during a VOC moon, if you don't want a result from something.

I had a funny affirmation for that--I started a Void of Course thread a long time ago, at a time when the Moon was Void of Course. It went nowhere. :biggrin:

Chrysalis

Hmm 🤔 you got me thinking now though.

Even though uranus is there to be aspected by the moon, when she changes signs. Does this really make moon not void ? With uranus being an outer planet.

I'm not too sure about this.

david starling

Hmm 🤔 you got me thinking now though.

Even though uranus is there to be aspected by the moon, when she changes signs. Does this really make moon not void ? With uranus being an outer planet.

I'm not too sure about this.

Consider the perceived importance of Pluto to Modern astrologers. Are you going to discount the intuitive perceptions of so many? Trads are a distinct minority when it comes to rejecting the Outermosts.

Chrysalis

Consider the perceived importance of Pluto to Modern astrologers. Are you going to discount the intuitive perceptions of so many? Trads are a distinct minority when it comes to rejecting the Outermosts.

Yes i know what your saying.

It's just with regards to horary too, most around here only use traditional planets...I personally do take note of the outers too, but then just take a mental note of them and include somewhat in interpretation.

I think uranus and pluto are two very powerful planets, so I don't understand sometimes why they are dismissed.

david starling

Yes i know what your saying.

It's just with regards to horary too, most around here only use traditional planets...I personally do take note of the outers too, but then just take a mental note of them and include somewhat in interpretation.

I think uranus and pluto are two very powerful planets, so I don't understand sometimes why they are dismissed.

Naked eye visibility is the reason given. And, the inability of the ancients to recognize :uranus: as a Planet, even though it's faintly visible.