Bypass surgery timing

I am having a triple bypass. The original date planned was Feb 20th 2019 which got postponed to Feb 28th 2019 and again to March 11th 2019 for 9 am. I had nothing to do with these changes.

I was born on May 31 1953 at 16:20 in Mumbai, India. On 11th March, it's not only mercury retrograde but also the Sun in 20 degrees Pisces squaring my natal Mars in 20 Gemini and my natal mercury in 18 Gemini.

I understand that Mars and Mercury are both connected to surgeries. Should I insist on a new date? The problem also is that Saturn slowly moving to an exact square to my natal Saturn in Libra.

Please advice

Osamenor

Staff member
It would help if you would post your natal chart and an event chart for the date, time, and place of your appointment. Then we could review the transits.

Generally, transits during surgery merely reflect the fact that the surgery is happening, and the need behind it. Mercury retrograde is not necessarily a bad time for surgery. It can simply reflect the fact that you're doing something that should have already been done, or redoing something. If there's one planetary retrograde you would want to avoid having surgery under, it's Mars, but even with Mars retrograde, you could still have surgery if you genuinely need it--and Mars is not going retrograde this year.

If you genuinely need a triple bypass, that's not something you can afford to keep postponing. It's not like this is a purely elective surgery. With elective surgery, you can afford to be picky about the date. With medically necessary surgery, you can't. If your worry is about the Saturn square to your sun, that's going to be in effect for about a year. If you need a triple bypass now, you can't postpone it that long.

If the previous postponements were entirely on the doctor's or hospital's end, not initiated by you, you can't even know that they won't postpone it again. And if you request a different date, you can't count on getting it. This might be a case of, they have to fit you in when they can.

Thank you Osamenor for your comments and help. You do make a lot of sense about everything. I guess my fear stem from mars and mercury for that day.
I am attaching my natal chart and the surgery day chart and any help you provide will be truly appreciated.\

Attachments

• natal.JPG
    natal.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 30
  • Surgery date.JPG
    Surgery date.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 22

Osamenor

Staff member
Saturn square natal Saturn is an age-related transit. In and of itself, all it means, usually, is some need for change being felt. Maybe there's some area of your life where you really want change. Maybe this surgery is it.

You actually have a pretty good event chart for the surgery: moon exalted and angular, applying conjunction to Mars (probably will be in a more exact conjunction by the time they actually get around to cutting into you), and Mars angular. While Mars is in fall by sign, it has the accidental dignity of being in the first house, which is great for surgery. And, Taurus is a slow and steady sign. I take that to mean the surgeon has a slow and steady hand, will be concerned about your wellbeing, and not take unnecessary risks.

That is good to hear. I guess my skills are astrology is limited. I have few questions:

So, Sun in 20 Pisces on March 11, squaring my natal Mars will not create a problem?

Moon conjuct Mars in Pisces is not bad?

My surgery was to happen on Feb 28th and now moved to March 11. Interestingly Mercury was in 27 Pisces yesterday and after moving further it retrogrades to 27 Pisces on March 11 as well. Does that mean anything?

Osamenor

Staff member
That is good to hear. I guess my skills are astrology is limited. I have few questions:

So, Sun in 20 Pisces on March 11, squaring my natal Mars will not create a problem?
Not necessarily. If anything, it simply reflects what's going on. We could look at it as Mars = surgery, sun = heart. No matter when you have it, this is surgery involving your heart. Only natural to have an aspect between those significators.

Moon conjuct Mars in Pisces is not bad?
The conjunction is in Taurus, not Pisces. Moon's exaltation. Having an exalted or domiciled Moon is one of the "good" placements for most events, including surgery. The house placement is also important. This conjunction will be in the first house at the scheduled time. Again, that's considered an ideal placement.

My surgery was to happen on Feb 28th and now moved to March 11. Interestingly Mercury was in 27 Pisces yesterday and after moving further it retrogrades to 27 Pisces on March 11 as well. Does that mean anything?
Perhaps that reflects the redo. Mars moving back to the same degree as it would have been when originally scheduled.

I am glad and thankful you are helping me see things in a different light. I guess I was only looking at the negativity of the aspects. The aspect between sun and Mars was a revelation, as heart and surgery respectively. One question though, since its square between them,is square not problematic?

Osamenor

Staff member
I am glad and thankful you are helping me see things in a different light. I guess I was only looking at the negativity of the aspects. The aspect between sun and Mars was a revelation, as heart and surgery respectively. One question though, since its square between them,is square not problematic?

Again, not necessarily. The important thing is that there is an aspect: they're talking to each other. If the square does indicate a problem, it might just be the problem that already exists. You wouldn't be having a triple bypass if your heart were in good condition. This could simply be reflective of the fact that you have a heart problem serious enough to require major surgery.