How to understand a synastry

aleth3ia

Banned
Hello, given the lately heartfelt topics, and with the summer at the doors, I think it would be cool to know how to draw fast synastries; in case you meet your future husband, but even to avoid potential heartbreaks during the coming summer.

This a simple way to see in a very short time what compatibility is it there with another person, developed by the great Stephen Arroyo in his book "Relationships and Life Cycles".

http://imgur.com/a/3t4TR
[note to the image: all the aspects are within an orb of 7/8 degrees, the underlined aspects in the lines are the tighter aspects, within 3 degrees, and so they are the most important.]

This scheme shows in the first column the planets of person 'A' (my bf eheh), on the second column it's shown where those planets fall in the chart of the 'B' person (me eheheh), and in the third column are reported all the aspect created by the planets of 'A' with the planets of 'B'.

It's an interesting work because you'll see that, often, what is a problem for a person, it's not a problem for the other. Or vice versa.
So, with a brief look at each line in the scheme, you'll clearly see what are the most troubled planets for a person, or what are the energies that mostly influence the entire relationship.
Example, you have very harmonic and nice aspects everywhere, then the line where is your Mercury (or the one of your partner) is full of squares, then you'll know that the person with said Mercury will feel that kind of problem inside the relationship, and it's not said that the other person instead is having the same problem.
It will be a typical case of miscommunication, and instead of spending money with a shrink to get at that hypothesis, you can just try to do this... it really just takes 10 minutes ~

Last edited:

aleth3ia

Banned
http://imgur.com/a/a4iVm

Made another scheme, this time for the French president Macron and his older wife Brigitte (sorry for the bad quality of the picture!).
It's quite stunning how these 2 people have so many trines and good aspects! and so little challenging aspects...

Taking the instructions to read the scheme (= line by line), we'll see, not surprisingly, that the only "worse" line is that of the Asc (public appearance), with 2 squares. And that's probably their biggest couples problem, for real, because their age gap raised many voices.
It's interesting to see that Pluto is the most triggered planet in this bond, and again it's no wonder, they achieved important politics roles while being together. Even the infamous Moon-Pluto opposition becomes in here a lucky aspect, probably able to shake things up a bit, when it gets get too good, and perhaps a bit boring, although with all that fire I doubt that's even the case.

I traced with a red line the shared values, that both persons have in their charts: they will be the characteristics of the couple itself, and so they are even the most important planets in the relationship (I share none of those in my synastry for instance, I posted it above).

~

katydid

I do have a problem with Mrs. Macron and her actions when she first became involved with her, now, husband.

She was a married drama teacher with 4 kids. Her student was 15 when they met, and 16 when they 'fell in love.' He told his parents he was in love with his teacher when he was 16. [Moon opposed Pluto?]

Macrons mother asked the teacher to stay away from him until he was 18. She said she could 'not promise' anything. They continued to see each other. :bandit:

Perhaps that is the squares to the ascendant?

It bothers me because of the double standard. If she was a male teacher she would have been fired and arrested. Seems unfair that we honor her as first lady--when she was actually acting in an illegal, if not immoral, manner at that time.

It is nice they are still together. But it does not change the way things began. :annoyed:

katydid

One of my favorite, quick techniques for synastry was a very simple, but accurate one.

I would print the color aspected charts up on very thin paper. Then you can hold them up, one on top of the other, up by a window with light behind it.

If one chart fills in the empty area of the other, they are a match!

If they only stay on top of each other, and leave a huge empty area--they will probably feel they are missing something.

It seems so simple but works so well/

You can try it 2 ways to get full info.--- ascendant on top of ascendant, to see which houses are empty or full.

And then you can line it up by sign, matching aries to aries, to see which signs are empty .

My husbands chart fills in all of my empty houses and vice versa.

aleth3ia

Banned
Ahahahah, I'm glad I've found someone who's "against" Mrs Macron behavior, but you have to keep in mind that age of consent is around 15/16 around Europe, but I agree with you, her behavior was not that of a mature woman, and indeed it still is raising doubts about how they met... that's why I wanted to analyze them ^^

I liked how Pluto plays a role in their relationship, along with Venus and Neptune, suggesting a very ideal love, that in this case didn't suffer of second thoughts or deceiving traps... at least, from what we can see...
It's a very particular situation.

Thanks a lot for sharing that method too~ I'll try it out : )

katydid

Yes, age of consent is 15 or 16. But a teacher has a position of authority. So that adds a layer of intimidation or power to the situation. :ninja:

aleth3ia

Banned
@katy
Agreed, and that's just about Pluto, which is particularly strong on Mr. Macron's part. He's the one who benefited the most, in term of "power", out of this relationship? Maybe initially, that's what gave him the push to become what he is now. And the aspects that Pluto creates, in his side, are indeed very challenging, they require to make choices, to sacrifice something as well.

It's interesting to see the relationship on Brigitte's side too. I made the chart for her in here http://imgur.com/a/9cKcQ, you can see here it is Saturn to play the biggest role, for her, and Mercury becomes the hardest field of their relationship, from her point of interest, and it's interesting because Mercury, between the other things, it's even youth, the adolescents.

Their aspects are nevertheless all in balance... I think this method worked well for them.
Some houses instead are being left empty, although in a minor quantity.
In the case of my bf and I some houses are empty as well, who knows! : )

Last edited:

katydid

"Some houses instead are being left empty, although in a minor quantity.
In the case of my bf and I some houses are empty as well, who knows! : )"

Yes, some houses will remain empty. I didn't mean to imply that ALL empty houses should be filled by the partner.

Just that the main empty spaces in one's chart will usually have some of their partner's planets/angles placed there in a fulfilling long term relationship.

We usually form relationships so the other can bring something to the table that we need.

For example, I don't think I have ever seen two 'wedge' charts which sit right on top of each other in a marriage synastry. If two wedge people get together, they usually fill the empty portion of the other's chart with their wedge.

I've seen so many examples of one natal chart filling in the empty portion of a t-square and making it a grand square, or making it a grand trine, etc.

katydid

Agreed, and that's just about Pluto, which is particularly strong on Mr. Macron's part. He's the one who benefited the most, in term of "power", out of this relationship? Maybe initially, that's what gave him the push to become what he is now. And the aspects that Pluto creates, in his side, are indeed very challenging, they require to make choices, to sacrifice something as well.

It's interesting to see the relationship on Brigitte's side too. I made the chart for her in here http://imgur.com/a/9cKcQ, you can see here it is Saturn to play the biggest role, for her, and Mercury becomes the hardest field of their relationship, from her point of interest, and it's interesting because Mercury, between the other things, it's even youth, the adolescents.

Their aspects are nevertheless all in balance... I think this method worked well for them. ===========================================

Her Sun is trining his sun/merc/venus/neptune and opposed his Pluto
—that is pretty powerful synastry right there

Her Moon trine his venus/mars/neptune , opposed his pluto—again, very powerful emotional connection

Merc square sun/venus/merc but sextile the asc. I think she was his teacher and still is in many ways?

Her Saturn square his Asc. and conjunct his Pluto —I do think she had some control of the situation and probably still does

aleth3ia

Banned
This thingy so good!
http://www.astrowin.org/scripts/synastry_chart_pdf.php

there's the scores, the grids, and all the analysis for the aspects...

Macron + Brigitte = 21

Note: relationships are not made of mathematic and scores. Although I like this site and the synastry method, I wouldn't suggest to take the scores too seriously. I like the grid instead (it will appear at the bottom of the pdf page), because it resembles the method from Arroyo that I've been using too. The grid will show you the areas of influence inside the relationship, leaving aside potential scores, that seem kind of dumb when applied to the human emotions..

Last edited: