I have venus sextile mars???

khlysty

I'm happily surprised. And confused.
On astro.com I checked a short report called "Short Report - Love, Flirtation, and Sex"

It says here that these are my major aspects
f3tc8j.png

But then on cafeastrology I get this

2572erk.png

Do I have them all? Why don't they show the same?
And I also was happy to have pluto conjunct ascendant, but that doesn't show on astro's aspects, why is this?
I have never seen anything but cafeastrology's given aspects for myself.. I don't know how to check it you see..
But I was happy to see that it says Venus sextile Mars, that's something I always desired in my natal chart.
Do I have it then? What is right and what is wrong?

Here is a picture of my chart in case it's needed

w7cyfa.png

Last edited:

katydid

The reason it shows in some charts and does not show in others is because it is kind of wide. It has 6* orb. So some programs will count it as a sextile and others might not.

I would absolutely count it---especially since there are no other major aspects shown for your Venus. That makes Mars her good friend. :love:

khlysty

The reason it shows in some charts and does not show in others is because it is kind of wide. It has 6* orb. So some programs will count it as a sextile and others might not.

I would absolutely count it---especially since there are no other major aspects shown for your Venus. That makes Mars her good friend. :love:

Thank you :joyful: I feel so clueless, I've been into astrology for a few years, I guess I just know the basics. I can help friends, but not quite myself. I don't even know what orb is, or how to value it.

I read a lot of astrology but never come across were I can learn these things

katydid

Thank you :joyful: I feel so clueless, I've been into astrology for a few years, I guess I just know the basics. I can help friends, but not quite myself. I don't even know what orb is, or how to value it.

I read a lot of astrology but never come across were I can learn these things

A 'sextile' means that 2 planets are sixty degrees apart form each other. So how exact shall we count that 60 degrees definition?

What if the planets are 58 degrees apart? Or 63 degrees apart? We have to decide what the 'orb' will be. Or the amount of degrees different from 60 that we will count.

So if two planets are 68 degrees apart, that is an 8 degree orb and most will not accept that as a sextile. Your Venus/ Mars is about 6 degrees off. So it is kind of right on the edge of being too wide of an orb.

khlysty

A 'sextile' means that 2 planets are sixty degrees apart form each other. So how exact shall we count that 60 degrees definition?

What if the planets are 58 degrees apart? Or 63 degrees apart? We have to decide what the 'orb' will be. Or the amount of degrees different from 60 that we will count.

So if two planets are 68 degrees apart, that is an 8 degree orb and most will not accept that as a sextile. Your Venus/ Mars is about 6 degrees off. So it is kind of right on the edge of being too wide of an orb.

You made that really easy for me, thank you so much. What if it's 58, would it be -2 degrees?

noouraz2

based on what I've learned from many books and web-sites

People with Venus Sextile Mars:

It is easy for these people to attract attention of the positive kind. They radiate charm, vitality, and enthusiasm on some level that others appreciate. Not inclined to try to cover up their flaws, these people have a way of presenting themselves in a straightforward manner, and their ability to admit their mistakes and their fumbles only adds to their charm. They find it easy and natural to get along with both sexes quite equally. They possess considerable creative talent, but whether or not they use it is dependent on other factors. They may take their own talents for granted and often need some kind of stimulus or encouragement to do something with them. One of the reasons for this is the fact that their creativity comes so naturally to them that they may be surprised when others recognize their talents. Similarly, they usually possess athletic ability and may need some encouragement to develop it. Those with the sextile can call upon these traits when needed.

:)

khlysty

based on what I've learned from many books and web-sites

People with Venus Sextile Mars:

It is easy for these people to attract attention of the positive kind. They radiate charm, vitality, and enthusiasm on some level that others appreciate. Not inclined to try to cover up their flaws, these people have a way of presenting themselves in a straightforward manner, and their ability to admit their mistakes and their fumbles only adds to their charm. They find it easy and natural to get along with both sexes quite equally. They possess considerable creative talent, but whether or not they use it is dependent on other factors. They may take their own talents for granted and often need some kind of stimulus or encouragement to do something with them. One of the reasons for this is the fact that their creativity comes so naturally to them that they may be surprised when others recognize their talents. Similarly, they usually possess athletic ability and may need some encouragement to develop it. Those with the sextile can call upon these traits when needed.

:)

wow, that is really one way to describe me. especially about me not using my talents, i get motivated when people tell me to do something. you're good. yes to everything though.