Strong emotional reaction (synastry)

tokyo.lights

Okay, had to edit this thread so many times as it was so LONG. My question is, which synastry aspects can be involved in the following....

K, so I met a guy (platonic), and this is how it went...
We spent part of a day together, bonded over our weirdness and it was all very casual...it wasn't just us, few other people.
Typical me, wasn't long before I made a faux pas and mocked him - it was silly, but he FREAKS OUT. Not in a scary way, but in a child-like way. He was acting like we had some special bond and I broke it.
He leaves, I follow. I swear to God, he transformed into a child right there...clingy, needy, touchy, emotionally demanding. Who knew adjectives like these could even be used on men. Anyway, we made up and things were okay.

But it was soooo weird, we just met! And there he is letting his emotions and soul and guts all hang out. Who leaves themselves to be this vulnerable to someone they were just introduced to? If I was sadistic I could have crushed him emotionally...he had no wall up.
I mean he was sweet, but omg. Like one of those animals on islands with no predators, they're happy to walk right onto your frying pan.
Funny thing, he switched right back to cold/reserved with others.
It was a one off kinda meeting, so I never got his DOB. I might see him again in a few weeks, maybe. If I do, I'll post the synastry here.

Just curious if anyone has experienced anything like this - either platonic or romantic....and what synastry aspects were involved? My gut reaction says there's at least some kind of Moon-Neptune synastry between us....I've experienced this many times, and it removed emotional boundaries.

Last edited:

mdinaz

He probably had Moon conj ASC or some Sun-Moon square and the ASC involved, along with Chiron. People with Moon on ASC wear their emotions on their sleeve, and with very negative Chiron aspects, take everything very critically and personally as it revives some terrible childhood memory, such as being a target of very critical parents. I don't think it was any personal synastry with you, you just happened to hit the hot button.

tokyo.lights

He probably had Moon conj ASC or some Sun-Moon square and the ASC involved, along with Chiron. People with Moon on ASC wear their emotions on their sleeve, and with very negative Chiron aspects, take everything very critically and personally as it revives some terrible childhood memory, such as being a target of very critical parents. I don't think it was any personal synastry with you, you just happened to hit the hot button.
Good point. Funny I thought he might be a Cancer, with like a whole bunch of Pisces to leave him shell-less. Like Moon conjunct Neptune. Having that on the ascendant would explain a lot. I'm sure my Mars or Uranus is hitting his Moon hard to get that kind of reaction. He seemed horrified by my rudeness lol! Both Mars & Uranus are superman strong in my chart.

Flapjacks

Moon/Jupiter might be another one, too. Lotta feelings! Or Mars/Moon; sensitivity, explosive reactions. Aspects to angles, even the IC, with synastry might have done it with you.

When I had an instant, gut reaction with a guy that turned wildly emotional and left me feeling very vulnerable:

-his Chiron was conjunct my AC, square my Venus.
-his Mars (which squares Pluto) Conjunct my Moon, opposite my Sun.

His Scorpio self tried to draw me out of my fortress of a Cancer shell at the time and it was a disaster from every angle. :whistling:

I was not like that with ANYONE else, so it could be synastry, you'd have to wait and see how he handles relationships in general to find out I suppose.

Last edited: